Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • C'mon then, what are you all doing for Valentines
  • toby1

Going to see Frightened Rabbit, they will only be in town every so often, I am at least taking the wife though (and a few other friends actually). Luckily we aren’t sloppy romantics!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Will cook something lovely for my boys (all of the small son variety), and then i will probably be knitting – unless i get a sudden burst of energy in which case i may get a babysitter and go for a night ride.

What’s not to love about that 🙂

Tracey

I got my flowers on Tuesday as I should have been in hospital this morning recovering from yesterdays shoulder reconstruction, however it got cancelled due to lack of beds. Got my card this morning and Kevin has a table booked at Greenhead House for tonight. At least I’ll be able to cut my food

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Was going to cook something nice but the missus suggested we get a takeaway. Bought a nice bottle of Prosecco to go with it. Now she tells me she’s on a diet so booze and takeaway are off the menu.

RustySpanner

Soppy card (with sweeties on it) roses & nice perfume this morning.

No idea what to get her though.

She actually got me a bottle of Balvenie. 😀

Nice home cooked (by me) meal tonight & out to a restaurant on Sunday.

fasthaggis

Going to see Frightened Rabbit

+

Luckily we aren’t sloppy romantics!

🙂

OOoo you lucky peeps ,just waiting for Pedestrian Verse to arrive in the post

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I unblocked the downstairs loo after she bunged it up.

I am nothing if not romantic.

johndoh
    Free Member

Sat in bed with my three girls this morning to open the four cards I got – and let the little two open the ones they had already told me all about anyway.

I got my wife a little bit of chocolate (and bought her some flowers earlier in the week because she was feeling down due to a bad cold).

To top it off we are having a Tesco shop delivered tonight.

binners

I’ve made the ultimate sacrifice. No night ride for me tonight. Though I had to remind some of the lads why. Some of who aren’t even married, so there’s no excuse 😉

Took my beautiful other half a brew and card in bed this morning, and left her dozing in bed. Its her day off. The jammy sod! We shall be having a lovely, thoroughly unhealthy meal tonight, then nipping down to the local for a few beers. We’re at that age where that is pretty much the perfect evening 😀

Drac

Nowt, never bother with it but as I was passing the handmade chocolate shop I’ve picked a few up.

stewartc
    Free Member

Had lunch with the lovely MrsC and then she cooked me a nice steak dinner this evening accompanied with a lovely bottle of red…couldnt help thinking of the night ride I could have been on:)

Bregante

I’m off work today. I was full of good intentions this morning – thought I’d go and get some nice fresh ingredients and cook my lovely wife the same meal as the very first meal I made her when we were first dating. So far I’ve been for a run – spent about 2.5hrs on here – Watched Mr Nice on DVD – fettled with my bike and taken it for a quick 8 mile spin – and drunk about 6 cups of coffee.

Good job I never told her of my “plans”. Good job she likes takeaways. 🙂

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

On a vaguely Valentiny note, this just made me smile…..
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjBMSCeLMKE[/video]

binners

thought I’d go and get some nice fresh ingredients and cook my wife the same meal as the very first meal I made her when we were first dating

And they say romance is dead 😉

Bregante

Not even close binners!

(no sausages 🙂 )

RustySpanner

We went for a walk along Rochdale Canal for our first date. 😀
    After meeting at the Beer House.

Passed by STW Towers and the Sewage Farm.

The smell of partly composted human faeces always takes me right back. 🙂

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Waiting for her to go into labour for me, today is the due date. Bad timing as I haven’t been able to sign up for Hit the North at the weekend either 😥

Spicy takeaway for tea to try and get things started although I would like to finish decorating the other 2’s bedroom before the birth!

Riding my bike seems like a distant memory at the moment.

binners

😀

You not HtNing Saturday Russ?

giantx4
    Free Member

Took the good lady out last weekend so out riding this tonight with the boys!.. Cant wait!

righog
    Free Member

Well I was organised for once and bought a single red Rose last night and left it in the freezing garage until around about 11pm. Then I places it nicely in the kitchen with a card, wife always gets up first. Anyway, rose had frozen in the garage and bringing into the kitchen it turned into a Gothic nightmare rose ! by morning, fortunately she saw the funny side.

Then a Nice lunch at a posh restaurant , before picking the kids up…. 😀

TuckerUK
    Free Member

As a special treat my partner has suggested a Valentine’s day role-play threesome.

Some guy from her work is going to be the ‘burglar’. He’s going to sneak in, overcome me and lock me in the wardrobe, and then tie the missus down and ravage her senseless.

barty81
    Free Member

i’m at work tonight, so might treat myself to a posh w**k in one of the traps 😆

radrob
    Free Member

I’m going doing my mates mrs while he’s working later

mogrim

Made biscuits last night, gave them to her this morning.

Loads of brownie points 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Some guy from her work is going to be the ‘burglar’. He’s going to sneak in, overcome me and lock me in the wardrobe, and then tie the missus down and ravage her senseless.

Given today’s news, I was wondering where that one was going for a minute…

Ohh, and Giantx4 – you want to be making sure you don’t end up with penetrating damp having those logs piled up against your wall like that. 😉

edlong
    Free Member

Did brekkie in bed for the missus this morning, delivered with flowers and card.

Left for work before she got downstairs and found her present.

Well, we did need a new food processor. And I tied a red bow around it.

mrsflash
    Free Member

I got a card made by my son (and childminder) – to both of us, and she had taught him to say “happy alentines”.

On my way to work I saw a car with an on-one on the roof, bloke dropping kids off at school, he was all dressed for riding.. I thought to myself that he had his valentines day sorted 😆

argoose
    Free Member

Absolutely nothing. We’re not religious.
    We both say if you can’t show love every day what is the point of being togeher.

johndoh
    Free Member

We both say if you can’t show love every day what is the point of being togeher.

And I say that if you can’t join in with a bit of fun every once in a while then you are very boring.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Valentine’s Day – never got the hang of it.
    You buy your significant other a box of things to make them fat and a bunch of things they can watch die.
    Such a perfect metaphor for love!

white101

She’s going to let me watch the Newcastle v Metalist game tonight on ESPN and make my tea for me, because I have a broken ankle and cant do owt for myself. She’s not aware of this as yet but I will let her know when she gets in from work 😀

DezB
    Free Member

“Don’t we, Roy?”

frogstomp

Night ride with married/attached mates.. last of the great romantics them, eh!? 😆

matttromans
    Free Member

A girl I’ve been on a few dates with has asked me round for dinner…apparently she’ll be wearing stockings, and a new dress…Should be a good night!

johndoh
    Free Member

“Don’t we, Roy?”

8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBouy got an early phone call this morning, she then preceded to sing “I Love You” 20 times in Spanish to me, I then retorted the same in German. Bless the Girlie she’s working away.. 😉

She’s a beaut this one. 😉 😉

However, we often do this when were apart so I’m not too sure it counts as a Valentines Day treat.

We will however make it up at the weekend.

emsz
    Free Member

You buy your significant other a box of things to make them fat and a bunch of things they can watch die.

Ouch….issues…

The depth of the romance knows no bounds, I’ve bought her some marmite* 😆 listen v carefully at about 6, you’ll probably hear the squeal from where you are….

*not allowed normally as it’s clearly disgusting and wrong

rogerthecat
    Free Member

emsz – Member

Ouch….issues…

Only with the “Great Clinton Cards Conspiracy”. 😀

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Made her tea and breakfast in bed this morning

Mrs Feet would be livid if I did that. She’d much rather I made her breakfast in the kitchen then took it up to her

zilog6128

“Don’t we, Roy?”

Awesome, genuine LOL.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘C'mon then, what are you all doing for Valentines’ is closed to new replies.