Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Cmon then. Festival advice please!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Off to v fest in two weeks, what’s high on the priority list! Obviously tent and beer and I’m thinking wheel barrow to cart it all to the site. Any tips would be great.

grum
    Free Member

earplugs

cheez0
    Free Member

wet wipes

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RichPenny
    Free Member

I normally pack spirits rather than beer, easier to cart around and not so many trips to the pisser. Hip flask FTW 🙂 Also, isn’t V one of those silly festivals that won’t let you take your own booze into the arena? Worth bearing in mind.

Another thing I love at these sorts of things is waterproof trews, cos you can sit down on the muddy ground no bother.

yunki
    Free Member

that should be all you need really..

wrightyson
    Free Member

Planning on wearing shorts for the whole weekend rich but waterproof trews is a good idea. At v you can take your own booze into the camping area but not in bottles so it’s cans all the way!!!

emsz
    Free Member

wet wipes, money, ear plugs, emergency tampon, tic tacs

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You travel light then Emsz?

emsz
    Free Member

definitely!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Any popping or squealing this weekend then?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

so waterproof biking shorts would be perfect or cut off ex-army goretex trousers.

take a tent you don’t mind getting trashed as muppets will always fall into your tent or walk into guy ropes etc

disposable pop up is the best, quick up/down

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m ok on the tampon front I think emsz! Gonna take one stove, pasta, kettle and owt else we can boil up at random hrs!! Heard food is a touch pricey at v and of the same quality as shit!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Second wet wipes. And some of that hand cleaning gel.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yup tent covered, just posted in the waterproofing a tent thread coz we’re taking our old school d of e 2 man dome that’s probably 20 yrs old but was top notch back in the day!

allthegear
    Free Member

emsz – come to GOGO Festival next year – it was fun this year and can only get bigger!! I know more of us from the east are going…

Rachel

Duggan

Boxes of red wine are often a good idea. Crates of lager are heavy and cumbersome to carry (it could be a long walk form the car-park to your pitch) and then go warm for the whole of the weekend.

With boxes of wine they’re easy to carry (especially if you just take the bladder thing out of the box), it doesn’t matter that they are warm and wine gets you more pi**ed anyway.

Plus you can’t take alcohol into the arena at V but fill a sun-cream bottle up with spirits and then just buy some coke/lemonade or whatever in the arena, sorted.

Don’t pitch yout tent at the bottom of a hill, next to a walkway or near the toilets but you probably knew that anyway.

Also food is ridiculously expensive at V (over a fiver for a bageutte with some bacon shoved in last time I went and that was ages ago) so might be worth taking some of your own.

tang
    Free Member

Go easy on acid/e’s. Mushrooms better.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ohh mushrooms give you terrible wind though. 😳

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

With boxes of wine they’re easy to carry (especially if you just take the bladder thing out of the box), it doesn’t matter that they are warm and wine gets you more pi**ed anyway.

Plus you can’t take alcohol into the arena at V

Camelbak, For The Win.

allthegear
    Free Member

mmm – got me thinking now what would happen to my Camelback bladder if it was filled with Port…. 🙂

Rachel

emsz
    Free Member

Rachel, that’s the one in Kent isn’t it?

Elfin, that’s for me to know 😉

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes – it’s only small at the moment but so different, being girls only. Speed dating was a laugh!!

Rachel

Northwind

Some festivals won’t let you in with a wheelbarrow. Others will, then someone’ll nick it. Best not really. Sledge works, if you must, but if you can’t carry everything on your back you’re taking too much crap.

Camelbak works very well, but don’t plan on filling it up outside the arena, good chance you’ll get searched (Reading and T in the Park won’t even let you take in water)

Don’t take anything you can’t afford to lose or get nicked- petty crime in the campsites is pretty common.

if it rains, something to sit on- even if it’s just a thick carrier bag- will be fantastic. Festival sites turn into immense swamps if it rains.

See if you can get the running times off the net in advance, otherwise it’s usually a tenner for the programme.

emsz
    Free Member

Haha, did you pull? 😆

allthegear
    Free Member

he he – no – but then I was more than happy to just be okay taking part!! 🙂

All I know is everyone seemed to very much enjoy Heather Peace’s set!!

Rachel

emsz
    Free Member

Oh that’s right, she does Jazz doesn’t she?

How was it?

allthegear
    Free Member

She’s actually pretty good. I even bought her album, which kinda shocked me.

Rachel

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Cmon then. Festival advice please!’ is closed to new replies.