Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Clutch replacement price
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Clutxh is getting high on my car. Alfa 147JTD, roughly how much to replace?

pocpoc
    Free Member

For yourself to replace it? For a local independant? For a dealer?

Personally I have no idea, but might be better asking these people?

https://mycarneedsa.com/

EDIT: I did pay £700 to replace clutch and dual mass flywheel on a Xsra Picasso 1.6 HDI about 3 yrs ago.

boblo
    Free Member

Ford dealer wanted £1200 for clutch and dual mass flywheel on 2.0 TDCI Focus ~7 years ago. I paid them £700 – eventually.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Clutch and flywheel cost 1000 pounds on my 1.9cdti Astra. That was after a lot of ringing around, small garages didn’t want to do it. Found someone who did it themselves at home, but took 16 hours I think (!), and the parts still cost 500+.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Its a big job on most FWD modern cars. Typically the gearbox needs to come out, and depending on the car, the front subframe may need to come out first. You’re probably talking a minimum of 4 hours + of labour

The parts can vary, again depending on whats required. A clutch and pressure plate may be a couple of hundred quid, at least the same again if there is a Dual Mass Flywheel involved.

If you can find a decent indy garage you trust to do the work then I’d go with that. A dealer will probably charge more than the car is worth.

If you’re handy with the spanners you can do it yourself, but on your own it’ll be a pig of a job (speaking from experience here).

wrightyson
    Free Member

I vowed never to use such franchise type places but Mr clutch in derby did my transit clutch and dmf and all other associated bits to do it right for just under a grand. Came recommended by a mechanic I know. He suggested that because it’ pretty much all they do, they are quick, reasonably priced and there’s no, oo sorry we ordered the wrong part etc. It turned out just as he said.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

147 JTD clutch £495 inc vat fitted at Autolusso.

I’d imagine the DMF would be on top of that if it needs one but a solid flywheel conversion is a popular mod on those cars.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Clutch replacement price’ is closed to new replies.