Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Clunkers anyone?
  • coastkid
    Free Member

Mine was one of these Schwinn SS cruisers with the tyres, bars, stem saddle and pedals swapped out with stuff for £20 ebay/found in parts bin, and way cheaper 🙂

Schwinn cruiser

Sure some googling will find them in UK 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

Where you based wrecker?

I got a Schwinn SS, trouble is its mint, bought it home from the states 10 years ago & ridden it about twice, so not sure its fair on it, I also have some DMR wingbars that would make it directly into a clunker.

Its the same as this but just black tyres.

wrecker
    Free Member

What you looking for tinsy?
    PM me if you like

fourbanger
    Free Member

They look awesome. I want.

Modern take on the clunker theme:

I started riding it for a laugh, but it gets taken out more than my 456 now.

tinsy
    Free Member

Wrecker, Didn’t know if you wanted my Schwinn…..

wrecker
    Free Member

Maybe….I’m bristol based. Sorry i didnt put that very well, what sort of price are you looking for?

tinsy
    Free Member

dunno, I will PM you tomorrow, am based in Essex though & dont fancy posting it.

I can be tempted with swappage for shiny MTB bits better than cash!

mattjg
    Free Member

Not seen any video of people riding them uphill. Do the cool kids dump them at the bottom and buy another at the top?

coastkid
    Free Member

mattjg – Member
    Not seen any video of people riding them uphill. Do the cool kids dump them at the bottom and buy another at the top?

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO #

Those early Klunkerz were ridden over Crested Butte at 12,700 ft 😉 some of those hippes were race snakes 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDUe9BFPrzg[/video]

mattjg
    Free Member

great film, proper riding and at real altitude too

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Those dogs in the film were ace new exactly when to slot in with the bikes awesome!

woollardjt
    Free Member

Oooooo I want one, here is a link to my Gary Fisher klunker, it’s my main ride and is so much fun to ride, so much so the full sus bike hasn’t been used in ages

http://www.oldschoolmtb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4451&start=10

igrf
    Free Member

Well nearly four months have passed and they’re due in today and surprise surprise quite a few folk liked the idea and wanted one, notably BMX types that view mountain and road bikes as the province of old men.

So, anyone here waiting for one they’ll be in Transition stores early next week and I look forward to seeing vids of Klunkermen beating up tubby Audidrivng full sussers at trail parks.. 😉

chives
    Free Member

And the list of trail users who get pi$$ed off with braking bumps at every corner will grow accordingly..

beicmynydd
    Free Member
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Clunkers anyone?’ is closed to new replies.