Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Clubcard vouchers
  • toby1

I have a Tesco creditcard, it pays out a small reward amount of clubcard vouchers each quarter. Previously I used these for chunnel tickets and Hilton hotel stays (both gave 3 to 1 returns on reward voucher to redemption voucher).

But post Covid and getting a sick dog trips to France are at 0, trips to hotels are also pretty much 0.

What do other people do with these? There seem to be fewer and fewer options on the site these days and getting 1:1 value back cashing them in seems like a poor use of them, although I have enough I could eat free for a few weeks I suppose!

towpathman

Pay for the delivery saver plan so you don’t have to go to the shops anymore

jaymcjayface
    Free Member

I’ve entered their scheme where all my vouchers are saved up and paid out to me at Christmas. I think I got some free points when I signed up for the scheme but other than that, there’s no real benefit. Apart from free Christmas food that is.

simondbarnes

I use them to pay for my shopping

Killer
    Free Member

used them to get discount RailCards. you get approx 3x value too so a £5 investment saved me £15 off a railcard which in turn then saved us about £60 off tickets so far this summer.

johndoh
    Free Member

Last Christmas we used all ours (about £150 worth IIRC) to buy two big shops (due to item restrictions) for a local food bank.

toby1

Pay for the delivery saver plan

I find the X wasn’t available really annoying, if you put replacements on you end up with random crap, if you don’t you have to go and buy replacement stuff anyway.

I use them to pay for my shopping

I feel like I’m missing out only get faec value back for no real good reason.

used them to get discount RailCards

Used to get one, but no real need as I’m not going anywhere by train now, plus I can only buy 1 rail card but have £300 in vouchers!

for a local food bank

So what you are saying is I should be a better human, like you 😉
    This is actually a very good use of them, thanks for the idea.

scud
    Free Member

Had a holiday to Bristol recently used them for meals out to Pizza Express and Prezzo’s on 2 nights and for entry into Longleat Safari park. Don’t know if you have kids, but lots of ideas for days out and Longleat entry would of been £100+

simondbarnes

I feel like I’m missing out only get faec value back for no real good reason.

The £5 or so I get every quarter lets me buy something nice that I wouldn’t otherwise be able to justify.

toby1

The £5 or so I get every quarter

I put a lot of what I spend through my card and pay it off monthly, so I get about £30 a quarter, it is possible I should buy less crap online though!

toby1

Oh and no kids, the vets don’t take them as payments unfortunately!

scotroutes

Used to be fantastic as you could use them at Evans Cycles. I recently bought some Denby mugs.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I’m similar with nectar points, currently have 68,174 of them!

Cougar

I’m similar with nectar points, currently have 68,174 of them!

What’s that worth, about 70p?

GolfChick
    Free Member

Nectar points are even worse as there’s literally nothing to use them for other than shopping. Pre covid I used them for pizza express regularly but I’m now allergic to all of humanity so they’re sitting unused. So far some interesting ideas.

johndoh
    Free Member

So what you are saying is I should be a better human, like you

No – like my wife, it was her idea. Personally I’d have bought all our Christmas booze but still, she was ultimately correct.

🙂

Murray

Pizza Express or Cineworld vouchers.

I’ve got a friend who’s mad on rollercoasters and theme parks – he uses them for a Merlin annual pass.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

There is a good Money Saving Expert page explaining how to get the best value from them. A 3x multiplier in something might not be so good if you can usually regularly get a 50% discount.

Drac

Nectar points are even worse as there’s literally nothing to use them for other than shopping.

Argos, Vue and some hotels allow you to use nectar points.

freeagent
    Free Member

We generally get a free Channel Tunnel crossing every year from ours as worth 3x face value (i’m about to book for next summer) but you’ve mentioned you know about that one..
    failing that we’d probably just do Pizza Express or similar as i think you get 2 or 3x face value with those as well.

timmys

We used them for our annual eurotunnel, which was useful as was about 3x the price of previous years.

Also did a trip to London for the kids – paid for nice hotel room (think you get 3x value at hotels.com), London Eye, bus tour.

Rio

I used to use them for paying for Now TV, but that deal’s gone and we’ve cancelled Now TV anyway now that they show adverts. Also used to use them to pay for railcards but we’ve hardly used trains during the pandemic. I’d use them for Disney+ if we hadn’t already paid for a year of that when it was cheap. So now we’re just using them for paying for shopping if they’re about to expire, and failing that there’s a bunch of charities you can donate them to.

Tracey

Always use them for the Tunnel, just booked next years trip to Garda with the ones that were due to run out at the end of August. Usually have enough to sort out three trips a year with the camper but due to travel restrictions have amassed quite a few. They do have enough time left on them to use and so I can see some extra trips in the future.

zippykona
    bri-72

Yep eBay and Argos for Nectar is our usual spending. Paid for almost half a new telly earlier this year (£200 limit at Argos on a single purchase).

pat12
    Free Member

Just booked the Isle of Wight Ferry – £1.50 for 50p of vouchers

squirrelking
    Free Member

Nectar points were last redeemed for xbox live on ebay.

If the club card credit card is that good I may just swap to that from my crappy santander 123 card, I get about 6 quid a month or something like that. Was better before they capped it.

nickjb
    Free Member

Unfortunately the Clubcard credit card is not as good as it used to be. You used to get a decent return on purchases and lots of 3 for 1 offers on the rewards. Both have dropped a bit. Better than nothing but you’ll need to do some maths to see if it is worthwhile

Cougar

I’ve got a friend who’s mad on rollercoasters and theme parks – he uses them for a Merlin annual pass.

I did that one year. Then promptly lost the bloody thing. I’d have been better off spending them on beans.

enigmas
    Free Member

Hotels.com for us. Usually pays for a weekend away for a year. The Chunnel is the other one we’ve used it for before.

Used to be Evans before that went when they were took over.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Clubcard vouchers’ is closed to new replies.