• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by StuF.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Club Vas staff remake film trailers
  • convert

Back in the day I kept myself entertained on low wind days making stupid stuff and drinking beer.

These guys – this is something else! Some pretty epic filming and editing skills on show there (I think it’s someone making their showreel for a uni application) and needs more views! The middle Joker one is particularly impressive.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Damn, I used to love Vass and Margarita with ClubVass.
    Loved the fact that at Vass you could party at night knowing the wind wouldn’t be arriving ’til lunchtime.

BigJohn

I enjoyed that. I’ve recently got back after 2 weeks there so I know all those people.
    Eoin, the cinematographer, is just excellent at what he does. He came out with us on all the morning bike rides as he was creating a library of routes for future guiders.
    Times change: when I first went, 30 years ago it was a windsurfing holiday with a bit of biking and a lot of time in the Zeus bar.
    Now it’s a holiday with biking every morning, a siesta, a bit of windsurfing (maybe) and an early night.
    Still great though.

convert

I have an itch to go back as a punter too. I’ve done Neilson elsewhere and you are right, the product in comparison to when I was working in the early 90s has moved on so much. Club Vass though is still a class act.

BigJohn

No, it’s not the product that’s changed, it’s me! I can’t do what I used to.
    It’s a great set-up there,
    I came off the water one afternoon and there were 5 of us puffing and blowing.
    One world speed record holder, 2 current British champions, 1 Olympic windsurfer and current Olympic windfoil coach and me

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I loved Harty’s weeks out there.
    Just realised I’ve known him for over 40 years…

BigJohn

Harty was at Neilson when I went at the end of June but Dave White was at Club Vass for the 2 weeks I was there. Yes, they did get together, but what happens in Vass …

Dave White – what a guy!

StuF

There’s a good windsurfingTV podcast interview with Dave White about him recovering from his accident / stroke.

I used to see him sail in Brightlingsea, jumping off the prom and onto his board and start sailing away – made an impression on a windsurfing mad teenager.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.