Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Club Mileage Tracker
  • handybendyhendo
    Free Member

We are doing a ’round the world in 80 days’ challenge at work.

Strava is a great way to build some momentum.

But it only tracks group activity in time, and not distance.

Other than a spreadsheet that someone manages / is updated from a central location…..anyone know of a better way for 70+ people to log their weekly mileage??

Cheers

cynic-al
    Free Member

Upload them individually to a Strava work/club account as if it was someone with you on the ride?

mcnultycop

Strava club has a leaderboard, does that not work?

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

No – only tracks time, and not distance…..

Cynical – not all riding, and not altogether, so nicht.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

I have found ChaseTheLadder that seems to be some sort of solution……

jimdubleyou

Mrs Dubs did one of these, people logged on Strava and she manually transferred into a spreadsheet giving Kudos when she’d logged it.

It worked for a few weeks, similar number of people. Took about 5 mins on a weekday, 10 at the weekend.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Yes – just trying to find something less manual.

But that methodology seems as sound as anything 🙂

Mark

andrewh
    Free Member

Strava can do it.
    My riding and running cub’s leader boards both show distance/time/climbing/average speed totals, although only for a week, not sure how to do it for longer periods.
    However, my riding club only shows distance/time/climbing/average speed ridden and my running club only shows distance/time/cimbing/average speed run, no overall total.
    The STW 90 days excerice club ony shows total time of all activities, but it shows riding running and swimming.
    I think it’s something to do with how you set the group up.
    So do a riding group, a running group and others for however else people want to do it? Only two or three totals to add together then

jimdubleyou

If you’re cycling, you can set a cycling challenge in a Strava Club. If it’s multi-discipline, you have to do it manually I think.

jkomo

The leaderboard of our club is miles in normal strava.

wheelsonfire1

Don’t forget to set your privacy settings for your start and finish (home or elsewhere) otherwise you may lose your bikes.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Yup – single activity (running or cycling) DOES do miles…..mixed sport does not. You also have to record any walks as a run for your activity to register 🙂

Will go with the manual updates as suggested at the start. People doing less = more likely to get involved / not be scared of tech. 🙂

Cheers all.

belugabob
    Free Member

Just going through the same thing, at work.
    The Strava app displays leaderboards by time, whereas the website displays distance and time.

Just like Zwift, where there are inexplicable functionality differences between app/game/web

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Club Mileage Tracker’ is closed to new replies.