Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • [closed]
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

Seriously now that this country has moved out of the dark ages do we still have to pretend to observe the “no trading on a sunday” rule? bloody religious menace.

maccruiskeen

Have you washed up in the western isles?

The only other place where places genuinely close down on a sunday is the city of london

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I know, It’s dreadful some people having a day of after working six days on the trot.

crikey
    Free Member

How many Sundays do you work in a year MrNutt?

assumedidentiti
    Free Member

Completely agree. I have lost count of the times I have trotted off to Tesco or Th’Asda, only to be stymied by it happening to be Sunday. I have to work any day or night, it’s not that much of a hardship. Shop workers should be allowed the opportunity to earn more than six hours of Sunday rate.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Seriously now that this country has moved out of the dark ages do we still have to pretend to observe the “no trading on a sunday” rule? bloody religious menace.

You don’t work in retail, do you?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Has this country moved out of the Dark Ages?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Is it really closed?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Well it says so in the title, might be closed as its after 4pm on a Sunday

Bregante

It may be the four bottles of Leffe Blonde that No1 son bought me for fathers day, or the nice bottle of red I am working on over dinner but the [closed] in the title just had me mightily confuddled..

Bregante

And I just needed to edit the last post three times before it made any sense

*hic

STATO
    Free Member

Its not the ‘no sunday trading’ that bothers me, thats easy to understand if groups of shops in an area all do it. What annoys me is shops seem to hate to be open at all, 5.30 closing on a weekday! do you actually want any custom????? yes bike shops im looking at you!

ninfan
    Free Member

Personally, I hark back to the days when people used to be forced to spend Sundays together as a family unit, people went out and did things, went to RSPB reserves, kids fixed things with their dads, mums cooked dinner and grandma came round for dinner before we watched a cheesy war movie on one of the three channels.

Was a lot better for kids than than being dragged screaming around Tesco!

scotroutes

Which was really great for all the folk that just had Mon-Fri jobs but a pain in the arse for folk that actually had to work 7 day rotas (nurses, police, firemen, power workers, printers etc etc etc) or would you rather sit in the dark, be thrown out of hospital, put out your own house fire etc on a Sunday?

Edukator
    Free Member

Tancat Lunes.

tinybits
    Free Member

I don’t understand. Everything is open, ok not quite as long, but I’ve been to the shops, filled up with fuel, listened to the radio and watched the telly. On top of all this, the Internet seems to work as well.
    Seems fairly open to me…?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘[closed]’ is closed to new replies.