• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Close pass complaint – received apology
  • DezB
    Free Member

That’s nice innit. After they’d wiped my poo off the van, they replied to my email saying:

“Hi Mr B

Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay in replying to your email, I have been on annual leave and so has my Managing Director.

We would like to apologise for the incident that happened on the 12th April, The Managing Director has personally spoken to the driver and we would like to assure you that this will not happen again.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and again we apologise.”

I sent em this (+ one including no. plate)

stevied
    Free Member

Wowzers, that looks very close 😯

scotroutes

Meh – cycling in the gutter, what more did you expect……. 😉

DezB
    Free Member

cycling in the gutter..

I wasn’t until he pushed me there 🙂

D0NK

should have been riding in primary, helmet, hi viz, roadtax insurancelicenceplateblahblablah

So. Are you happy with that outcome?

DezB
    Free Member

I am. It’s more than I expected. Saves me hunting him down 😛

stumpy01

Jeez – if they showed that photo to the guy perhaps he/she will realise what it looks like from the cyclist’s perspective.

It looks bloody close.

Seeing this thing more & more makes me thing I might invest in a camera – just for this kind of thing – send an e-mail to people who might actually be in a position to have a word with the driver’s and make them think twice about their actions.

What camera do you use, DezB…?

DezB
    Free Member

Currently using a Shimano CM1000 (cheap off SportPursuit) – it’s ok, not great though. The good thing is it fits GoPro mounts, I have it on the stem cap mount – didn’t get on with the helmet mount.
    It also records in big 20+ minute files (previous cams did 3-4 mins then start a new file), but the image quality isn’t fab, so you can miss the reg nos. – especially in the wet. I think it’s because it has too wide a view angle.
    Cheaper, better cams are available.
    [edit] You don’t miss em when they’re as close as that numpty was!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Close pass complaint – received apology’ is closed to new replies.