Clockworks!

Home Forum Bike Forum Clockworks!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Clockworks!
  • Kuco

I had a boring grey one, though the paint on it was bombproof. It went through many transformations and colours from stock mtb to its final days as my first singlespeed when I had trackends fitted.

gwaelod

this thread will make me sad…my first real bike was a purple clockwork with MXCD forks…lasted about 10 years before the chainstay rusted through.

loved it

Premier Icon tonyg2003
    Subscriber

My 2007 frame is hanging up on the wall (102/200). I must build it back up sometime!

Premier Icon 154hopperavenue
    Subscriber

Mine

Above Oxenhope a couple of weeks ago.
    Be good to see some of the originals

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

Our 1994 (i think) is enjoying a second life as an xtracycle frankenbike:

Fantastic bikes though – so light for the price at the time.
    They are pretty flexy by modern standards though.

Brings back great memories! I had an original Clockwork in the orange and white colour way (same as above ) back in about 1994.
    It was my first real mtb and as a spotty youth I raced and rode it, literally, into the ground. I finally broke it after years of mis-use and replaced it with a P7.

Amazing bike.

transapp

Ah, my (I think) 1995 Black Orange Clockwork. I only sold it 2 years ago, to fund new bikes. I’ll always love the feel of a rigid clockwork, so skinny it looks like it’ll snap, yet somehow surviving everything thrown at it. I rode mine for years, never wanted to change or upgrade. I just loved it.

Premier Icon boxelder
    Subscriber

Crap pics, but a ’94 C16 on holiday in Canada in ’95. LX kit and cantis, Sugino chainset etc

I’ve still got my 1991 XT in original orange and white (it had its 21st birthday yesterday) as a shop bike. Currently sporting a terrible cheap suntour chainset which messes up the chainline and looks even worse until I can source something more in keeping.

Premier Icon mikey-simmo
    Subscriber

i have a 93-4 in orange and white still in the cellar and i can’t decide on a respray.

Premier Icon boxelder
    Subscriber

Alex Simon

How have you DIY’d that xtracycle?
    That looks useful

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

I’m guessing he’s used one of these

http://www.practicalcycles.com/userimages/procart16.htm

Which I’m considering fitting to this

Premier Icon boxelder
    Subscriber

Thanks bregante.

How to convince the joint account co-signatory……

Waderider

My 1991 Clockwork, my third mountain bike – bought second hand of a pal about 1993. With Pace RC30s and a Salsa stem. Little else remains period, although it currently has a 1995ish LX chainset with L and M Stardrive chainrings. Once had a set of STX RC hubs built onto 117 Mavic SUP CD Ceramics, but I landed them sideways once too often 😆

Still does maybe 50 miles a month – good value then.

user-removed

I was always massively jealous of my mate’s rigid Clockwork – chrome with orange logos and X-ray gripshifts. Weighed nothing and was far too good for him – fat basterd.

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

We might return the xtracycle back to a normal clockwork this summer as the boys are too heavy for me to cycle to school now (big hill and 10yo and 6yo).
    My wife wants here bike back!
    I may well put the kit on here to sell.

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

Alex, am v. Interested if you do!

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

Hers:
    [/url] Clockwork by matt_outandabout, on Flickr[/img]
    His (mine, but not me on it):

Simon by matt_outandabout, on Flickr
    His (my old old one, under another mate, after it had been sold on twice…)

Mark Water Splash by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Clockworks!’ is closed to new replies.