Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Clocks going forward, anyone going to miss fully dark evening rides?
  • curlie467
    Free Member

I will miss it, its great fun but i enjoy riding full stop!
    not looking forward to the midges and gnats though!!

pixelmix
    Free Member

I was reminded of this thread on my ride this evening.

Sunshine meant I decided to ride on the road round Arthur’s Seat rather than across the track through the middle (bit busy out with walkers). Road riding on a SS MTB is a real bore.

I later came up to a 90 degree turn through an archway (at the end of a cycle path) at walking pace, only to encounter a fair weather jogger. I stopped instantly (although I could easily have ridden round him), but he proceeded to fall over his own feet and blame me for riding too fast. Idiot.

None of this ever happened before the clocks changed. Grr.

bigyinn
    Free Member

First eve ride of the month last night, what a fantastic evening. Trails drier than they have been for months, and the the blast through the woods just after the sun had set was ballistic!

dawson

I felt like i was getting eye strain riding at dusk last night- it was much better when it was properly dark, rather than ‘half-dark’

sandymtb
    Free Member

Delighted with a bit more daylight. It was getting dark here at about 4 o’clock. Grim.

scraprider
    Free Member

nope was out on haldon tonite , splendid ride , dusty trails, nice and warm, bloody great like.

tomaso
    Free Member

Every season has its particularities and I enjoy riding in them all. Last nights ride started light and the darkness didn’t come til after 8ish.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Clocks going forward, anyone going to miss fully dark evening rides?’ is closed to new replies.