Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Clocks going back Do YOU loose an hour or gain an hour?
  • joat

Even though we lose an hour, I find it easier to adjust than gaining one. Probably because you end up going to bed earlier respectively rather than staying up later.

poah
    Free Member

I loose an hour of sleep as I’m up at 3.20am for work 🙁

funkmasterp

Why do we still do the whole clocks back and forward thing? It all just seems like a waste of time.

P-Jay
    Free Member

funkmasterp – Member
    Why do we still do the whole clocks back and forward thing? It all just seems like a waste of time.

I think there’s a lot of calls to drop GMT, like a lot of things in the U.K. “Tradition” plays a part, I think some people like GMT’s position as the benchmark time in the world, we’ll until those sneaky foreigners started using UTC whilst as it’s aligned with GMT seems like sour grapes but still.

I’m sure ‘The Man’ still prefers to maximise the amount of natural daylight during the normal working day.

zippykona

We had a vote to keep it summer all year round.
    All it needed was for one Scottish mp to object and that was it.
    That means that everyone in London has to turn their lights on one hour earlier. How much of a waste is that?
    Light at 4am or 11pm which would benefit people the most?
    If need be change the clocks November to February.

sadexpunk

agreed. id be happy to do away with GMT and just keep BST.

funkmasterp

Petition anyone? 😀

sbob
    Free Member

funkmasterp – Member

Petition anyone?

Can we petition a mod to correct the bloody thread title? 👿

nedrapier

Our cooker clock will be correct again! 2 minutes saved there!

shermer75
    Free Member

Spring forward, autumble back

Ahh thankew #notamerican

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to my body clock being right for a day or two. Its current 5.30am wake up will be 6.30am on Sunday which will make it feel like a lie in.

pondo

Spring forward, fall back

Or “March Forward, Backtober”, as we call it round these parts.

ferrals
    Free Member

I don’t like it. I prefer more light in the morning than the evening, get up and go for a longer ride before work. Still it won’t be long till it’s light at 5am anyway 😀

vickypea
    Free Member

Spring forward, fall back
    Or is it Spring back, fall forward? 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For me it depends on whats going on, in a regimented work routine it’s not really an issue and a couple of days and it’s all normal. (I’ll go with the hr/day for jet leg thing as when I go east or west for work 3hrs it takes me until the day I fly back to feel normal) however if I’m not in a routine it can just roll on for a good while longer.

CountZero

She says this affects her for weeks afterwards and she feels she really misses that hour every day.

Misses what hour? It’s all a purely human artifice, plenty of agrarian peoples live by the sun rising and setting, they make little use of clocks.
    Just changing the time you go to bed and wake up would make a difference, I do it all the time, because the time my working day starts changes, today I started at seven, tomorrow I start at six, I’ve started at four-thirty, five, it most definitely not something that affects me for weeks afterwards!
    I think the word is psychosomatic…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Neither. We don’t have daylight saving in Western Australia.

Arguments against it: increased sun hours and cancer risk.
    confuses cattle
    faded curtains due to an hour extra sun

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There are many things wa does not have… Just wait till the millennium bug hits.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Clocks going back Do YOU loose an hour or gain an hour?’ is closed to new replies.