Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 154 total)
  • Cliff!
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

possibly going on a Summer Holiday

…at Her Majesty’s pleasure.

Possibly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36261170

wilko1999
    Free Member

But his spokesman has always said the claims are completely false? 😀

rwamartin
    Free Member

who knows what lurks in the Shadows.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alanl
    Free Member

That’s really bad.
    I’ve got no time for him, but, he really shouldnt be accused of these things unless he has been charged.
    Imagine if it was you – taken in for questioning, then the Police say publicly that they are submitting the file for possible prosecution – then, what happens if the CPS come back and say there are no charges to answer – sh*t sticks and you get the abuse from all quarters, when you may not have done anythung wrong.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The strange prescience of the Young Ones…….Comic Relief 1986

Neil: Don’t do the song, right, I’ve got some really heavy news about Cliff that’s gonna completely blow your mi… what’s that smell?

Rick & Vyvyan: Neil, go away![Audience awws.]

Neil: Don’t patronise me, you bastards! Oh, yeah, let’s all sit in rows and ruin Neil’s evening!

Rick: What’s the message, Neil?

Neil: Oh, yeah, the message about Cliff, right, er… Cliff’s blown out the gig.

Rick: What? You mean he’s… farted?

Neil: No, no, Cliff can’t come.

Rick: Why?

Neil: He’s doing time.

Rick: They put him in prison for farting?! Right on!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That’s really bad.
    I’ve got no time for him, but, he really shouldnt be accused of these things unless he has been charged.
    Imagine if it was you – taken in for questioning, then the Police say publicly that they are submitting the file for possible prosecution – then, what happens if the CPS come back and say there are no charges to answer – sh*t sticks and you get the abuse from all quarters, when you may not have done anythung wrong.

The police have said nothing beyond “Investigation files relating to allegations of non-recent sexual abuse involving a 75-year-old man have been handed over to the CPS.”.

If he’s been named it’s because someone in his staff has issued a press release saying it’s him.

alanl
    Free Member

If he’s been named it’s because someone in his staff has issued a press release saying it’s him.

What would be the motivation to do that? It only shows him in a bad light.
    I’d guess that it was someone in the Police who had leaked it, though they reckon they are cracking down on that.
    And no, I’m not defending him, but, it should not be public unless he has been charged.

ThePinkster

who knows what lurks in the Shadows.

[quote]That’s really bad.[/quote]Not just bad, that was awful. 😆

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I expected to read he had joined the 2016 celebrity deathlist! 😯

outofbreath
    Free Member

“it should not be public unless he has been charged.”

This.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’m sure all the evidence collected is an accurate representation of the situation which occurred.

South Yorkshire Police force did the investigation work, who better.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

South Yorkshire Police force did the investigation work, who better.

😯

Sounds like you’re stuffed Cliff old bean.

jekkyl

‘Once in every lifetime comes a love like this!’ 😉

binners

“it should not be public unless he has been charged.”

Fancy the South Yorkshire Police not following the very letter of the law?! i’m gobsmacked!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What would be the motivation to do that? It only shows him in a bad light.

I guess because from the usual police statements that always get given out “a 75 year old man was arrested in Yorkshire at 3am for indecent exposure to a badger” that everyone would ‘know’ it was Cliff in the same way whenever there’s an injunction it’s pretty clear who it was and who/what they did. So he’s still trying to put his version in the press (which means admitting that it’s his case being passed to the CPS).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

[EDITED…maybe not.]

Junkyard
    Free Member

sh*t sticks and you get the abuse from all quarters, when you may not have done anythung wrong.

True but part of the rational is to get other victims to come forward
    As I understand it the more folk saying the same thing happened, in a similar way, the more certain the accusation/evidence.

Its one of those as both approaches have weaknesses

outofbreath
    Free Member

“As I understand it the more folk saying the same thing happened, in a similar way, the more certain the accusation/evidence.”

Hmmmmmm.

epicyclo

Seeing as how the paedos tend to be very old and suddenly die before they are prosecuted, does this mean that Cliff might have a “heart attack” later this year?

If he is one, then the circles he’s mixed in would give him lots of dirt to swap for an easier time. Cue mortality. 🙂

kimbers

My wife’s aunt had some success in a Christian folk band in the 70s
    They worked with Cliff at the BBC, a lad from the youth choir claimed to have slept with Cliff, but it was dismissed by everyone at the time as fantasy….

vinnyeh

Nice wee anecdote kimbers, and just goes to show the veracity of junkyards assertion.

Although I’m unsure of the relevance unless the chorister was underage which you’ve neglected to mention.
    Otherwise all I’m getting from your story is a slight whiff of homophobia. 😕

MoreCashThanDash

Its one of those as both approaches have weaknesses

Another one of those rare moments when I have to agree with JY.

Edukator
    Free Member

True but part of the rational is to get other victims to come forward

The fantasists and gold diggers too.

jekkyl

Una Stubbs! oh great we can all play charades.

kimbers

Sorry my completely unsubstantiated tale was about an ttenage boy.(t tho the law has obviously changed sincewud slll b ileegal)

It’s something the aunt in question only brought up after they raided his home last time.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

I’m interested to see how this pans out, having heard rumours years ago. However I’m not very comfortable with some of the recent convictions for offences committed 30+ years ago where the evidence boils down to the testimony of one person as has happened recently.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Oh Cliff
    Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if
    You really are a cliff
    When fascists keep trying to push you over it
    Are they the lemmings?
    Or are you cliff?
    Or are you, Cliff?

jekkyl

He was always a bit suspect as he never had any partners, everyone has a sex drive, it’s a primal urge. imo he’s repressed homosexual who can’t live with the guilt of being born ‘wrong,’* hence all the vehement christianity. ‘I can’t possibly be gay because I’m a good christian,’

*I don’t think it’s wrong.

zanelad
    Free Member

everyone has a sex drive,

You’ve obviously never met my wife 😥

chakaping
    Free Member

Or he did something very bad a long time ago and it’s put him off the whole business. We’ll have to wait and see.

I’m not very comfortable with some of the recent convictions for offences committed 30+ years ago where the evidence boils down to the testimony of one person as has happened recently.

I’m quite happy that it’s possible for these victims to get justice after such a long time, and having had their lives ruined in many cases.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

asexual
    e??s?ksj??l,-???l/Submit
    adjective
    without sexual feelings or associations.
    “she wore a grey frock, discreet and asexual”
    BIOLOGY
    (of reproduction) not involving the fusion of gametes.
    noun
    a person who has no sexual feelings or desires.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Lol at zanelad!

Junkyard
    Free Member

THanks for that insight Mr Freud.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

No PRoblem

outofbreath
    Free Member

“You’ve obviously never met my wife”

She goes like the clappers with me.

“I’m not very comfortable with some of the recent convictions for offences committed 30+ years ago where the evidence boils down to the testimony of one person as has happened recently.”

This.

Junkyard
    Free Member

WHich case was just the testimony of one person?

The freud comment was aimed at jekkyl posts which was the one I replied to – though other posted whilst I was trying. I might have been distracted by cake

outofbreath
    Free Member

“WHich case was just the testimony of one person?”

One of the charges against Harris was one person’s memory with no other evidence and one of the charges against Stuart Hall was one girl’s word. I’m pretty sure he had no memory of it at all, he must have pleaded guilty to it on the basis that it was the sort of thing he used to do.

It’s not the standard of justice we should expect in the UK.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

That’s a tricky one, as in both instances, there is several other victims with multiple similar allegations; no doubt all have been extensively cross examined to ensure credibility.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Cliff Richard’s links to Lord Boothby and the Krays are relevant here, along with his friendship with Jill Dando… whether those elements have been sufficiently investigated remains to be seen.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll still listen to his wonderful records even if he is a nonce.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 154 total)

The topic ‘Cliff!’ is closed to new replies.