Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Clicking CAADX. Help!
  • stox
    Free Member

2014 CAADX … clicking noise seemingly at the bottom of every pedal stroke on the drive side. Does it sitting and standing.

I’ve put new pedals on. New cleats.
    Checked all bolts. Saddle is tight. Seatpost greased. Dropped a bit of grease on the QR skewers.
    All to no avail.

I’m at the point where I’m Pretty convinced it’s Bottom bracket related.

Any other ideas?!

boblo
    Free Member

I had that with mine. One cause was the BB, the other 2 little m3 mech hanger set screws had come loose. If it’s the BB, change for the Wheels Manufacturing thingumybob, don’t mess, about with BB30.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Just changed my BB30 for the FSA tube to threaded and XT BB for getting totally sick of bearing creaks and clicks. Changing decent quality bearings very few weeks . Now 65 miles in and although doesnt spin anywhere near as smooth, I can accept that for not listening to clicking and creaking.

dovebiker

A common one is the valve stem moving and touching the rim every revolution – check the lockrings are tight.

joebristol

Has it got the Cannondale si cranks? I thought my Caad12 was creaking / cracking due to bb bearings so I changed them last week – but whilst doing it I noticed the lockring for the chainrings was cracked / snapped. I only noticed it as someone suggested it on here – so have a new one to go on. Hopefully when it all goes back together it’ll be back to silence.

cynic-al
    Free Member

My BB creaked a lot when the drive side bearing was gubbed. New one sorted it.

A common one is the valve stem moving and touching the rim every revolution – check the lockrings are tight.

Every crank revolution? 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

Thrustyjust
    Just changed my BB30 for the FSA tube

Couldn’t do that on my CAADX as there’s an upstand in the middle of the BB shell that stops you inserting the FSA tube adapter.

whatgoesup

The KCNC one fits though – I used one to fit 105 cranks.

boblo
    Free Member

markwsf
    The KCNC one fits though – I used one to fit 105 cranks.

Do you mean their two part jobbie you insert from each side and tighten or a single piece sleeve you press in from one side?

The FSA sleeve is the latter and wouldn’t work with my 2013 CAADX due to the mid BB shell internal upstand. If the former, that’s the same format as the Wheels Manufacturing jobbie I referred to. There are others available e.g. Praxis.

paton
    Free Member

whatgoesup

I fitted one of these – KCNC adaptor
    Two piece body that screws together in the middle to generate clamping force.

I do recall that I had to look at a couple of options due to the protrusion in the CAADX BB shell making some not fit.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My BB30s been generally fine, fitted bearings with locktite to be sure but they seem to last long enough to not be a concern and the propper tools make changing them a few minutes work anyway.

I can see the point of the FSA addapter as it guarentees the bearings are aligned, and if you fit it with loctite or epoxy its never going to budge. But anything else is just putting a press fit bearing into another pressfit addapter!

Bent tooth on the chainring?

Did you grease the threads on the pedals?

@Paton
    , we appreciate your ability to google anything and post a video link, but thats not a CAADX.

boblo
    Free Member

@thisisnotaspoon However, since changing from BB30 to the Wheels jobbie, my BB has been silent. I tried the various BB30 fixes courtesy of Google before opting for the swap and the issues came back pretty quickly.

I hate to admit it but mebbies Rantini could be right with alignment or tolerances potentially being the issue with the BB30 BB’s that are not seen with the Wheels adapter?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Clicking CAADX. Help!’ is closed to new replies.