Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • CLIC 24 Whos going??
  • grahamt1980

Was good fun, we didn't do many laps in my team, preferring to get some sleep, a 6am lap was amazing though.
    To the nutter who did 23laps solo, fair play thats 230 miles in 24hrs, mental.
    Great event and does anyone know where the photos will be?

Ti29er
    Free Member

muddybum

Photos will, when I've sorted them out will be at the above link.
    A quick "Best of" hopefully this evening but I've only been home less than an hour (9pm) and I have a full day's shoot tomorrow, Monday.

grahamt1980

Cool, will keep that bookmarked.
    Where were you stationed?
    Wondering who it was at the first big downhill with the jump on it yesterday

tangent
    Free Member

a wonderfull weekend of riding round in circles on my favourite trails…polished off with a good many Bath Ales. Brilliant.

Thanks also to anyone on here who joined in and had chat with me enroute (was riding a riding IF sspd) … cheers all! it was superbe. Looking forwards to 2011 already.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Top event! Could have done a lot better but my sleeping bag was marginally warmer then the night time air.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Where were you stationed?

Tim was at different places within about two thirds of the course, he lurked in woods as well.

grahamt1980

Fair enough, will wait to see if I got into any pics then.
    I agree with you on the sleeping bag front, I got comfy in the tent at about 11pm and gave up on the idea of going out in the cold again.
    Comfy chair, sleeping bag and a gas lantern and people to talk to won in the end

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I had done 8 laps by about 8pm ish, decided to get a proper feed and a cup of coffee so ended up in my tent for about an hour before do my night laps, unzipped the door to get my lights and the cold sent me into shock, zipped it up and huggled into my sleeping bag.

I stayed their sleeping / naval gazing until 6.30am and grabbed a bacon bap and a coffee, took the tent down and packed up ready to go home pissed off with myself, then all of a sudden I had second wind grabbed my kit and knocked out 4 continuous laps between 8am and 11:54am.

That made me feel a tad better.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Lurk is my middle name. 😉
    Off loading the cards and will let you know when the Best Of goes live.

grahamt1980

You have my respect then, no where near that many laps, we decided early on that we were getting sponsored whatever so we would chill out and have a laugh.
    Loved the downhill sections esp. the baby head descent that got slippery in the drizzle

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Thanks also to anyone on here who joined in and had chat with me enroute (was riding a riding IF sspd)

With toes straps? Yeah I saw you you mad sod. 😉

tangent
    Free Member

:lol:…some of the other details were even madder, but survived in a ramshackle style, lost count of how may laps was doing and was suprised to find had done 16 … probably could have managed more but my sleeping bags (x2) trapped me for a quite few hours as well!.

AndyCh
    Free Member

So Tangent, does a pair of 90's Oakleys, a load of beer and some gels warrant a UCI dope test?? 😀

nickegg
    Free Member

Were there many entries this year? I had heard numbers were down this year?

I spent an hour and half walking the dog on Blackdown and saw no more then 10 riders?? I hiked up the side of East Twin Brook, up to Beacon Batch and down to Ellick House…saw barely anyone!

Still, at the least the weather was alright for you lot…the trails were in great shape for yesterdays ride.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Definitely fewer riders, I'd guess about a third or more down on last year.

Still, at the least the weather was alright for you lot

Not really, it was sooo cold and very windy and showery, that said the trails did indeed hold up really well.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Great photos Tim, especially that handsome rider No392. 😉

tangent
    Free Member

Andy…ha-ha all only the Oakleys assisted 8)…(many thanks btw)
    Prehaps will try a gel tomorrow on the Qkts?

Are there any pic up yet?

Ti29er
    Free Member

Great photos Tim, especially that handsome rider No392.

Strangelove
    Free Member

I had a great time, met Tim in the marquee before the start but he seems to have failed to take my picture.
    I dont remember it being as muddy as it looks in the photos.(#edit I was looking at last years 😳 )
    Perhaps I was hiding in my tent at the time. After i got hit by sleet on the moor section I made the decision to wait for the showers to pass, it was much too cold for me.
    I did eventually resurface and had a crash on my eighth lap. I lost control on the track past the radio masts and went over the bars at speed. Knocked the wind out of me and hurt my right hand in such a way that I didn't find out until I the next time I had to brake hard, which made things interesting.
    My first bad crash and I'm aching quite a lot today, especially when I sneeze.
    A great event, a really good course and much more relaxed than things like Mayhem or SITS.
    I will be there next year if the organisers promise to turn the heating on .

Ti29er
    Free Member

I have another 700 to put up yet!

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘CLIC 24 Whos going??’ is closed to new replies.