Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,702 total)
  • Clever logo… (well I thought so anyway)
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just because I’m paranoid it does not mean you are not[/i] all out to get me

FTFY 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Nowt drug induced about my paranoia. Just because I’m paranoid it does not mean you aren’t all out to get me

FTFY

druidh
    Free Member

😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Of course the NHS ‘brand’ is massive and much, MUCH more than just Frutiger Bold Italic reversed out of a Pantone300c box. The last time I looked, there was about 12 different sets of brand guidelines for different users and services of the NHS brand.

Which is where the logo / brand argument kicks in. A logo is a tiny component part of a brand…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Woo!

I’m always the one saying “EDIT: Beaten to it…again”.

Thanks druidh.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

|and the NHS is not a brand. 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

brand

Now, now…this is only going one way…it’s all been good natured so far 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Yeah – I got the “You move too fast” box!

druidh
    Free Member

http://www.nhsidentity.nhs.uk/

This website is a central resource for all those involved in developing NHS communications. It contains detailed guidance on how to apply the NHS brand to communications materials, and provides access to free downloadable guidelines tailored to specific audience groups.

donsimon
    Free Member

Brand = Name.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

you can call a cat a dog but it remains a cat.

Thats just part of the money wasting circle jerk

druidh
    Free Member

Or just stick your fingers in your ears, sing “laa, laa, laa” and pretend you can’t hear.

molgrips
    Free Member

you can call a cat a dog but it remains a cat.

Snot really the point though. It’s the difference between calling a cat a cat, a scabby old moggy, a beautiful silky feline, a finely honed killing machine etc etc etc.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not at all Druidh – its simply not buying it. 🙂

I pity anyone who believes in all this stuff and who wastes their life and / or money doing it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

TeeJ straying across the complete bolllocks line. Somebody lasso him and drag him back…purleeeassse! 😮

DenDennis
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Not at all Druidh – its simply not buying it.

I pity anyone who believes in all this stuff and who wastes their life and / or money doing it.

TJ Why would you keep posting on a thread about a subject that you’re clearly against / not interested in or don’t ‘get’?
    are you trying to convert people?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Paying someone good money to design a logo for the NHS – what did it achieve?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Is it just me who sees all these logos as really winky?

all it needs to do is tell you what the company is.

But just *how* you do it can give a very different impression of the brand…

donsimon
    Free Member

Believes in what stuff?
    Doing what?

M_F, Style not important, the image is still the same.

druidh
    Free Member

Uh oh.

He’s hooked one!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

1 and 3 do what is required equally well – the rest look winky

MF – my point is the difference is only to people in your world who care about logos – the rest of us it makes no odds to at all

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

DenDennis – I’ll butt out again

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

the rest of us[b]ME[/b] it makes no odds to at all

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You under-estimate the effect brand has on most people TJ.

Are you seriously telling me that the above examples of your STW username evoke no differing feelings in you about what TJ – The Brand is, what he stands for, what he does? (Rhetorical question by the way).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m going to design a TeeJ brand…

*opens InDesign*

*scratches head*

*pages Jamie*

molgrips
    Free Member

1 and 3 do what is required equally well – the rest look winky

You just proved us right by choosing two from a list. If it really was meaningless you’d have said they were all the same…..

DenDennis
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

DenDennis – I’ll butt out again

sorry, I didn’t want that. I’m quite enjoying the discourse now on TJ- the Brand.
    1 says to me TJ in brogues, man about town, snappy dresser.
    3 says no-nonsense, designer glasses, bootlace tie, britpop TJ

by the way, for the record I hate branding/marketing as much as your average Bill Hicks but to deny its effect would be putting to waste rather a lot of corporate$$… What is Red Bull for example? marketing Tosh but they have certainly got rich peddling it

thebunk

Oi you lot, I was enjoying this thread – more interesting and rude logos please!

Also, the competition to design a TJ logo starts now…for me, currently #5 best meets my perception of TJ the brand man.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

MF – and I believe you vastly overstate it.

Those 5 – as I said 1 and 3 convey the same information clearly and concisely – my name. The rest are just annoying as they are not clear.

there is no other information there – just clear name or unclear name. this other information only exists if you know the “language” and most of us don’t know it and dont care. its like the handkerchief in pocket thing for signals about your sexuality.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Okay TJ – thanks for your feedback on stage 1. As you preferred the simple serif faces we have progressed the concepts using several different cuts of more traditional serif faces….

philconsequence
    Free Member

MF is it possible to have it written in a font that doesnt have curly bits or spikey bits on the edges of each letter…. something blocky and stright… possibly with a helmet on top of the ‘J’ but twist the upper 3rd of the upright in the ‘j’ to show rotational forces? maybe have the whole thing under close control on a lead?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

curly bits or spikey bits

Sillyphilly. Serifs.

Needs a helmet on a jaunty angle…or casually hung from the J 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I’d love to help, but I don’t have the clip art for that 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d love to help, but I don’t have the clip art for that

You mean you won’t be doing it in Word? 😯

*sacks m_f*

Militant_biker

The kerning on those last two TJ logos offends my eyes. 2:a is pretty bad too. 😕

Ambrose

Needs more EPF if you ask me.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Or of course we could look at stacking/weight combinations – the simple bold one suggests maybe you are in construction or engineering or something, the fine cut males you look like a hairdresser.

And we haven’t even introduced colour yet….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The kerning on those last two TJ logos offends my eyes

Jeebus I didn’t do any kerning! Way too much faff on my lunch break.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You just proved us right by choosing two from a list. If it really was meaningless you’d have said they were all the same…

Militant_biker

Jeebus I didn’t do any kerning!

Evidently! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,702 total)

The topic ‘Clever logo… (well I thought so anyway)’ is closed to new replies.