Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Clear cycling glasses
  • lovewookie

I’ve gone through yet another pair of EVZero-a-likes. The clear lenses tend to split at the nose.
    While I’m temped to get a genuine set of oakleys, possibly just to take advantage of their warranty shoud the same happen to genuine lenses, I’d like to consider options recommended by the masses.

firstly though, I’ve tried bolle silium, and various other safetly glasses, but they don’t work that well for me. I prefer either frameless or high brow glasses, or very adjustable nosepeices that don’t slip. Normal safety glasess and a lot of cycle specific variants have the brow just in the way of my line of sight.

old M frames worked well, as did the EV zero type glasses.

budget under £50 ideally.

sbtouring
    Free Member

I find the alipkit ones good. They come with 3 different lenses

https://alpkit.com/collections/sunglasses/products/spectra-cycling-sunglasses

trailwagger
    Free Member

Tifosi Davos, bang on your budget. Three lenses including a clear.

mrb123
    Free Member
    jd13m
    Free Member
    Blackflag
    Free Member

jd13m beat me to it. Those Decathlon ones are great.

MoreCashThanDash

The Decathlon ones are great. Loads in store in Nottingham on Monday.

Sadly I was after the yellow ones, and there were none of those

benman
    Free Member

After years of wearing crappy clear glasses, I bought some used Oakley Radar EV’s with scratched lenses, and bought an aftermarket clear lens. Cost about £50 all in.

cobrakai

I’ve had 2 pairs of screw fix ones in the past 5 years. £3 out of a big bucket next to the counter.

They are very similar to the decathlon ones.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Decathlon ones +1.

Had a few pairs of safety specs from Bolle, De-walt, etc but I’ve a big head and a big nose so the lenses sit further from my eyes and I can see the rim of most of them in my periphery. The decathlon ones seem to fit much better.

They’ve also remained remarkably scratch-free given they’ve spent their life caked in mud, wiped on jerseys, and dumped in muddy kit bags.

johnhe

The Decathalon ones are what Ive been using for several years. If I scratch them, I just buy a new set. Although I’m thinking of spending more to see if I can get a more steam-free, clear glasses experience.

lovewookie

Hows the nose for slippage? I find the lack of rubbery bits disturbing.

johnhe

I’ve not had problems with slippage. But for £3.99, I’d say the best course of action would be to try a pair for yourself.

cardo

After losing, sitting on and generally having expensive glasses ruined I went to Screwfix and bought the Dewalt safety glasses for a fiver (ish) possibly cheaper.

ceept

I use bolle ones from Toolstation or Screwfix. Comfortable enough, and cheap enough not to stress when they do their job & get trashed by mud instead of your eyes being on the receiving end.

Having tried a couple of styles, these are my go-to:
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/bolle-contour-clear-lens-safety-specs/1371f

jruk
    Free Member

I’ve got these. Cheap, come with 5 diff lenses, inc clear, and a reasonable case. Quick delivery as well.

lovewookie

Ive got a set of bolle contours in the cupoard. Found the brow too low, and the lens hit my cheek.
    ended up reshaping the lens for added clearance and closeness of fit and thouhg it was beter, it was still a little short on the brow.

It’s not as if I’m dennis taylor.

I’ve got 3 or 4 ‘oakley’ cases with interchangable mirror, yellow and dark lenses. all the clears broke, and the radar-a-likes snapped.

maybe the whole frame type would work, or the radar EV type…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Clear cycling glasses’ is closed to new replies.