Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cleaning helmet before GoPro mount (Catlike)
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I have a Catlike Leaf (awesome helmet) but want to clean it before adding a GoPro mount. It’s an unsual matte surface. Can I clean it with alcohol? Soap and water? Is it especially important?

It’s anew and expensive GoPro so don’t want to get home without it!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Zip tie it on?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’d use a little alcohol on the shell to make sure the mount sticks well. I’d also stick a lanyard on the camera and loop it through the helmet vents in case the camera gets knocked off

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Zip tie it is!

Alcohol even on the matte finish Rubber_Buc?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Just a wipe to clean it, should evaporate in seconds. I don’t like getting solvents near polystyrene helmets but a little wipe on the shell, what could go wrong? Don’t think it will mar the finish but maybe try a tiny bit first where you are going to stick the mount anyway

I assume you are talking about cleaning a patch to stick the go pro mount and not the whole helmet? I’d just use water on the rest of the helmet.

Superficial
    Free Member

Is alcohol (which as above evaporates in seconds) more harmful than whatever solvents GoPro use in their mounting glue?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cleaning helmet before GoPro mount (Catlike)’ is closed to new replies.