• This topic has 46 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jimmy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Classy MTB jerseys
  • ChipkoAndolan

There seam to be a decent range of clothes for road cyclists who don’t want to pay to advertise a huge printed brand name across their chests and with some genuinely stylish patterns (I’m thinking Vulpine, Morvelo, Stolen Goat, Café du Cycliste [terrible brand name acknowledged] etc.) but does anyone know any MTB equivalents?

everyone
    Free Member

Morvelo do mtb tops as well.

DrP

Agreed – morvelo MTB tops are lovely.

DrP

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fifeandy
    Free Member

Wear road kit on the MTB. You wont fit in with the cool kids, but I can take that as the penalty for not having to ride around wearing a psychedelic top 4 sizes too big.

ChipkoAndolan

Fair points all. Morvelo MTB is def on the right lines but I was hoping for some alternatives. They seem to have the market cornered right now!
    Alas I am too proud to wear my road gear on my mtb for the same reason I can’t bring myself to wear my work clothes at the weekend. Makes me feel all funny.

matt_outandabout

I wear general outdoory baselayers on the bike – they are not emblazoned with BNG or this years OnTrendEnduro colourway etc…

bluebird
    Free Member

Scott have got some nice MTB tops this season with small branding (and also have some with huge logos)

cokie

Another for Morvelo.
    Comfortable and quality kit. Nice people to deal with and they put effort into their marketing, website & PR.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Althura and Endura still seem to make a decent line of low-key, classy boring MTB kit that’s pretty hard wearing and cost-effective.

Me? Well I’m a 39 year old IT worker with a belly on me, so Obvs I like my shit in Neon Yellow with lots of big words and stripes everywhere. I think of it like Golf (ooo there’s a unhappy association) when else is it socially acceptable to dress like a flipping ejit at my age?

cubist
    Free Member

I’ve got a Morvelo jersey which is nice but a tad on the tight size. Probably worth sizing up. I can picture another brand thats similar but blown if I can think of the name at the moment.

ChipkoAndolan

@P-Jay You are 100% correct that Altura and Endura have the boring end of the market well catered!

Golf… Oh dear. Oh no. Well this is tainted now isn’t it!

cubist
    Free Member

Maloja was what I was thinking of!

DezB
    Free Member

Sobrio, Royal, Salomon, DaKine. SportPursuit have loads of different brands like Kilpi and Alpine Stars.

Northwind

My Aldi jersey has minimal branding.

Most brands have at least a couple of lower key items but shops tend to be full of the eye-popping stuff. Frinstance the Fox jerseys I usually ride in all have the fox head somewhere but quite laid back (black on black in one case, a little arm logo on most of them)

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I wear a black merino polo shirt from wiggle. It has a little green line on it somewhere. Trees and shit I guess

ChipkoAndolan

@cubist. Maloja, good call! Thanks.

j2b2
    Free Member

99% of the time I wear Decathlon technical t-shirts that cost about 3 pounds but I do also have a jersey from “Flare” that I like a lot. I´d check their website out: http://flareclothingco.com

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

classy Sombrio?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Wear road kit on the MTB. You wont fit in with the cool kids, but I can take that as the penalty for not having to ride around wearing a psychedelic top 4 sizes too big.

This. Roadie gear is bloody good for cycling in at the end of the day.

Otherwise I have three very plain On-One Coolmax/merino tees (bought while they were selling very cheep) which are superb and my regular riding tops, occasional repair to fragile merino aside.

AlexSimon

Howies and Alpkit do a few nice bits

jonnyrockymountain

Morvelo jerseys are really nice long and short sleeve, I buy there roady ones cos I like to have the 3 pockets at back, chewing gum, gel, phone!!!

moonsaballoon

plus one for flare , they have a couple of the old ones half price at the moment and i really like mine . I have a race face one which is quite nice but i do find the 3/4 sleeves annoying and am pretty close to chopping the extra bits off . They are certainly nicer to wear than cheap technical t shirts i have for running and the gym

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Do those alpkit tops come with free elbow patches and a receding hairline? Man they are dull 🙂

Just to switch it a little, where can one by freeride shirts for the rad kids who only ride park? Like baseball style or tie dye or whatever. For my wife’s younger brother, obvs.

ChipkoAndolan

I know this is hugely subjective, so I’m going to define the target better.
    Advert wear = like Calvin Klein pants or any surf wear
    Boring wear = like a Marks and Spencer suit,or anything dominated by black.
    Enduro wear = golf clothing, as has been well identified
    I’m looking for the cycling equivalent of this:

Or

But without the silly face and hair.

It’s probably fairly niche. My favourite Morvelo kit is the Button pattern.

ChipkoAndolan

Cheers!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Base layer either Cantebury (Rugby), Helly Hansen, Icebreaker (if its cold)
    Top PdS synthetic or Arteryx (got cheap bright orange !) or long sleeved from Lowe Alpine

Summary would be top half non-bike more often, bottom half all bike specific

Dirtytwister

Check this website http://www.kitsbow.com.

muttley109
    Free Member

Don’t knock the Alpkit stuff. I have a bright green laika and although its a bit too warm to wear on the bike at the moment it is amazingly comfy! As soon as it hits autumn it’ll be perfect on and off the bike. I can see myself living in these for most of autumn and winter

kirkg
    Free Member

that acre stuff is stunning but at that price i wouldn’t want to get it dirty.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

HomeDE

http://www.ion-products.com/bike/

I know this is hugely subjective, so I’m going to define the target better.

I’d argue that’s a long way from classy. 😉 However the above should be right on track. Germans let loose with felt-tips; what could possibly go wrong?

gregsd
    Free Member

I have a couple of Twin Six tops, though they are a bit tight when you’ve a beer-belly 😆

DezB
    Free Member

http://www.ion-products.com/bike/

‘Ere, hang on I’ve got stuff by both of them but I don’t want to be associated with anyone who thinks those hipster twonk pics up there are “classy”!!

matt_outandabout

If you want blind monkey Enduro colour ways, then Norrona may be your thing.

ChipkoAndolan

The hipsters are twonks, but the print is good.

Germans let loose with felt-tips

FTW. Thanks.

ibnchris

Repack clothing does some understated MTB jerseys…admittedly the Lycra does have the big logos etc but the merino might hit the mark when it cools down http://www.repackclothing.com/shop/

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Kitsbow? If you’re prepared to spend that much…..

dreednya

7mesh stuff looks good as well, kits bow would be really nice but seeing I don’t do the lottery………..

dudeofdoom

I do like the stolen goat stuff when there’s a sale on…

roady tops got useful pockets and even have a little waterproof pocket which I thought was a nice touch

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Classy MTB jerseys’ is closed to new replies.