Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • classifieds suggestion
  • davefarmer
    Free Member

Should the clasified section be split into two, WTD and For Sale?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No, because people generally don't scan 'wnated' ads on the off chance that someone want swhat they have got. Keeping it all together will be easier in that respect. 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

The number of times peter that i have seen a wanted ad and then straight above the item for sale is stupid. Maybe people SHOULD check wanted ads before posting a for sale??

firestarter
    Free Member

the way things are going and the upcoming postal strikes there wont be a classifieds to worry about soon 🙁

jimthesaint

I think it should be in 3 sections. 'For Sale', 'Wanted' and 'For Sale at a ridiculous price because I think a 3 year old frame is only worth a fiver less than I paid for it'.

grumm
    Free Member

Nah

tomdebruin
    Free Member

At some point, and please don't hold your breath, I'll be adding a 'post status' to the classifieds section so you can mark a post as

'Wanted'
    'For Sale'
    'You missed it' or words to that effect.

But right now I'm frying a very big fish.

z1ppy

ROFL Harris – Member
    The number of times peter that i have seen a wanted ad and then straight above the item for sale is stupid. Maybe people SHOULD check wanted ads before posting a for sale??

Maybe they don't want to pay the price in that ad & are looking for other offers? It's not alway cut and dried.
    Personally I prefer the mix, as I wouldn't rush to the WTD ad section, but now and again I see a WTD AD and think:
    1) I can point them in a direction that would help them.
    2) I actually have one of those hiding in my garage, doing me no good but I'd never have thought of selling it.

I've got 'bits' to help me make repairs to gear changers, who's going to post an AD for those, and I doubt they were scanning the classified inorder to sell them… the mix is good leave it alone.

Lummox

i'd quite like to see a 'stolen and spotted' section.

A place where people could post stolen bikes as well as sightings of bikes that don't seem to have the right owner. It'd be a usefull place to check before buying a fleabay bike or if you'd lost one.

my 5p

perks

I think the having to put prices is annoying – I genuinely don't know prices without scouring the fori for similar posts which takes ages.

surely people would just make an offer – once it goes to email it isn't going to waste forum space? no one (well, very few) are trying to scam other STWers here….aren't they?

thoughts?

Rickos
    Free Member

No, I'd say leave it as it is. I'd never look at a WTD section, but have sold a few things that people have wanted purely as I was scanning down.

footstomper
    Free Member

It is okay saying check the wanted items first before posting but that takes time which a lot of people do not have, I have noticed a lot of posting is done during the lunch break when most people get only 30 – 40 minutes. If after you have posted you see a wtd advert for the same thing then point them to your advert . Job Done 😀

joemarshall
    Free Member

I've not used it before, but while looking for a bike* recently I noticed that my old lumicycle bits were worth some money to people.

Personally, I've only sold stuff that is worthless to me and cluttering up the shed, so I sell for a fair but cheap price, rather do that than have the hassle of bargaining or of not managing selling it, and it's good to know that the stuff will end up being used .- recycling innit.

Only slight confusion I have is about how and whether to let people 'bag' things subject to pictures or whatever. Any opinions on that?

Joe
    *I bought new in the end – seems like the percentages people will take off a 2nd hand bike don't really make it cheaper than buying a new one in the sales.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

footstomper – Member

It is okay saying check the wanted items first before posting but that takes time which a lot of people do not have

what shite – the amount of time some sellers spend on here is ridiculous!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘classifieds suggestion’ is closed to new replies.