Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Classifieds etiquette
  • Reluctant
    Free Member

When you buy something from the classifieds, and it arrives safely, on time and as described, do you drop an e-mail to say "thanks"?

duntmatter
    Free Member

Yep. It's good manners, isn't it?

timbercombe
    Free Member

Generally yes, If I remember. I think it's a nice thing to do, just confirm it's arrived and as expected.

peteimpreza

Yes

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I should but I generally don't.

ilikebikes
    Free Member

I do.

Stu_N

Always. Basic manners.

chvck
    Free Member

I try to, do sometimes forget though 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

Always. It's the senders responsibility to get it to you, so it's nice to let them know they can relax.

tails
    Free Member

yeah of course only takes a minute and makes the seller happy.

GJP
    Free Member

Always – I reckon 9 perhaps 9.5 times out of 10 I get confirmation from a buyer.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I've druunk a whole bottle of Leffe Triple, so happiness is top of my agenda. 😆

nuke

Yep. I find good comms from buyer/seller reassuring when on the classifieds that you're dealing with a legit buyer/seller. Dropping an email to someone only takes a couple of mins anyway.

crispybacon
    Free Member

have always sent an email when stuff arrives & I'm happy with it. It's basic courtesy & keeps up a good rapport with a fellow STWer 🙂

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I try, but id say of the last 10 items ive sold, ive had 4 confirmations it arrived 🙁

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I think it's important to do so, but have on occasion forgotten.

seven
    Free Member

I do (with the usual caveat of sometimes forgetting)

it really annoys me when people don't back, especially when you sent them something for free (postage was my cost as well), anyway, i'm not bitter 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

What about when you send someone something for free, on condition they donate to the Classifieds section, but their name doesn't appear?

4ndyB
    Free Member

Yup, always

When selling I always let the buyer know that the payment arrived, an expected postal date & when the stuff is physically posted & roughly when to expect the delivery. I give as much info as I can & expect the same in return.

mushrooms
    Free Member

Yes almost always, takes no time and I like it when a buyer lets me know.

nickjb
    Free Member

I was pondering the other day whether it would be a good idea to reply on the the original sale thread. Kind of like leaving positive feedback so you could see who is legit.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Yep, try to do it every time.

grumm
    Free Member

No I don't generally, though I do on occasion. I always used to, but then I sold a few things and never heard owt so I assumed people weren't too bothered.

hora
    Free Member

I put a post on the original FS Ad. Shows other potential buyers a history.

As a recent seller I like to know its arrived safely. Plus when the buyer says 'thank you spot on' I can stop worrying that it might arrive battered in the post!

epicsteve
    Free Member

I always email to let the seller know when the item has arrived, and as a seller I ask the buyer to let me know when the item gets to them.

uplink
    Free Member

I always do

[dad mode]
    I do sometimes wonder how some people were brought up though – I've given stuff away to people recently [& even paid the postage] & never got so much as a thanks. I wasn't particularly looking for it but ………. makes you wonder
    [/dad mode]

AdamM
    Free Member

Yep, every time. I confirm by email when I've paid for something (even if using PayPal) and confirm again when I receive it. Just good manners.

cp

yep, likewise – always say thanks and item's arrived. good manners and peace of mind, and I'd hope people tell me when stuff arrives. i think only once i've had to ask if the items arrived.

chakaping
    Free Member

When I remember, so more often than not.

More inclined to do so when seller has been friendly and helpful too.

MS
    Free Member

I try to, sometimes forget though!

When selling things, i just expect everything is ok if not heard back a few days after posting.

Good communication beforehabd is more important imo though, so you know roughly when to expect the item, but a quick mail back to seller to say its arrived is always good!

cynic-al
    Free Member

It's nice but I am happy with assuming delivery means silence.

Some folk seem to get hung up on the small stuff eh?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I have on occasion, but I wouldn't normally. I'd respond if it didn't arrive, or was damaged soon enough. Why worry about it?

DezB
    Free Member

What uplink said.

And how can you "forget"??

Tracey

Always

Rich
    Free Member

No news is good news?

rOcKeTdOg

i always ask the buyer to let me know when the item arrives, they don't always though, so i assume they are happy and there's no problem

bigyinn
    Free Member

Always.
    Get annoyed when advertisers dont reply back to you when you've asked a question, the answer to which will decide whether you take the item and then they sell the item to someone who expressed an interest AFTER you. (It was a Rapid Rise rear mech, so the answer was kinda important).

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Classifieds etiquette’ is closed to new replies.