• This topic has 105 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Classic STW threads.
  • Houns

It was ginger iirc

Bunnyhop

Sudacreme cat
    Meeting Dave in the woods
    and
    One from around 9 years ago about a guy having the snip
    Are all my favourites

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

why, thank you 🙂

Still comes up pretty high on google searches for Sierra I think.

Just spat my tea out at the Covert thread (so most of the others when they were live but missed that one).

Rorschach
    Free Member
    mrblobby
    Free Member

Can’t believe it was pre-hack.

Asky man only 3 years ago but has disappeared leaving only references in other threads. Great thread. Bizarre.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m not sure why the Sierra Cycling thread is a classic? It was a reasonable OP, followed by a fairly non-dramatic discussion, with a sole, ever so slightly semi-obnoxious reply from the SC bloke. Significantly lacking in ****ery on anyone’s part to be a classic, IMHO of course.

bearnecessities

I spent about an hour on Sunday reading all of that when the link was posted and I agree. Guess you had to be there!

Also don’t get picolax, badger and many others but again probably had to be there.

Show me your Covert though still makes me laugh and Jamie’s hedgehog/police car gif is what computers were made for.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I love war and peace type threads such as ‘Overtaking’ (not wishing to pick on molgrips because he’s clearly a very good bloke, just springs to mind) because they just keep on making me chuckle. Another one I enjoyed was when Fred and Stoner went head-to-head on some sort of post-Olympics-legacy type issue – one who thought he knew everything about everything was well and truly splattered by one who actually knew a lot about the subject. It was a long time coming. And then anything with a hint of Viz about it.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bestest ever favourite has got to be … Jensen button and the guy who bought his Yeti ARC CX bike.

This one deserves a linky.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Was richmtbguru actually exposed as that guy making those videos on Youtube? You know, the really talky ones that could use a severe edit?

maccruiskeen

Also don’t get picolax, badger and many others but again probably had to be there.

“being there” for the picolax one certainly elevated the experience. A bit like the best bits of music sometimes being the silence between the notes – it was the pause between the posts that made it hilarious. Reading it back retrospectively you don’t get the anticipation.

thegreatape
    Free Member

There have been a few good photoshop/graphic design ones too. Who was the lad that wanted something done to a picture of him on his BMX and ended up farting rainbows or something?

bearnecessities

Think that was on page 2. Reminded me though of this one though.

hora
    Free Member

Would anyone like their anus bleached?

steveoath
    Free Member

Forgot how funny the covert thread was!

Plus, any thread that introduces A+ vocab such as “Neptune’s kiss” from the bleaching thread

munrobiker
    Free Member

Houns gym girl is the only one that I have had to come back to at any cost as it was so good.

munrobiker
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/i-hate-stw-bunch-of-middle-class-whiney-cockbags

Not seen this one before, but I certainly agree with the sentiment.

hora
    Free Member

One eyed willy and his bombers?

edhornby

this is a classic

Drac

The picolax thread I’ve never found funny even at the time. Not sure why but barely raised a smile.

scotroutes

+1

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I loved the picolax thread (God I’ve aged since that picture!). It kept me amused whilst I sat on the bog anyway…

I thought I was going to have a ……… wait for it ………. shit time 🙂

Reading through all these posts has made me realise one thing. I’ve wasted a ridiculous amount of time on STW, I miss the beige and maroon colour scheme and how strange it is that usernames are instantly recognisable, even though I haven’t seen them for years.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Gotta love STW

jimmy

Remember those mock tapestries?

DrP

What’s a DP? Dunked penis? Doberman Pinscher? DrP?

Hmmmmm 😕

DrP

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Classic STW threads.’ is closed to new replies.