Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Classic Rock, Metal Hammer etc could be gone
  • darrell
    Free Member

Just heard that the owners (TeamRock) have gone into administration.

The publisher Classic Rock, Metal Hammer and Prog Magazine – maybe more I dunno

I think I read 79 staff booted out without Dec salary

I was getting suspicious by the large number of emails asking to re-subscribe early for 2 years

Northwind

Ah that’s bad… Poor buggers just before christmas too. Poor old print trade.

duncancallum

Told them over Facebook too….

I follow a couple of them on Facebook and they got told via the press release

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Can’t help but think the DAB radio station must have cost an awful lot of money. To broadcast without any advertising revenue must have been cripplingly expensive. Great to listen to, but couldn’t see how it was going to be anything other than sustainable. Obviously they binned that and went to web based subscription. I guess they didn’t get the subscribers they needed

trail_rat
    Free Member

Liked both team rock and planet rock and even absolute classic rock

There just wasn’t the available internet here to make it worth subscribing as I can stream internet radio maybe at 5am and 7am on a Sunday

Yet the radio stations were on all day nearly every day. They were riddled with adverts but I was able to live with that

Soon as they went internet only I dumped them.

novaswift
    Free Member

Poor way to treat staff at any time never mind Xmas.Will miss Classic rock I’ve been a subscriber for years.

loddrik
    Free Member

People actually still read physical magazines….?

darrell
    Free Member

yes. Old farts like me

trail_rat
    Free Member

Nice video on classic rock mags face book.

All the legends lost in 2016 with a nice surprise reminder of human kindness at the end.

Sundayjumper

I mostly ditched TeamRock when they left DAB. And then Planet Rock changed their DAB frequency to one that I can’t pick up due to rubbish signal in my area. I persevered a bit with TeamRock online but once they’d got rid of the DJs it wasn’t really any different to having my iPod on shuffle. They’d lost their USP.

A radio station with no adverts, funded by sales of print magazines ? That was never going to work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Classic Rock, Metal Hammer etc could be gone’ is closed to new replies.