Classic Mountain Goat Whisky Town Racer

Home Forum Bike Forum Classic Mountain Goat Whisky Town Racer

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Classic Mountain Goat Whisky Town Racer
  • Premier Icon Teetosugars
    Subscriber

Stick it on retro bike, and someone will spaff their pants over it no doubt pay top dollar for it..
    A few pics would be nice!

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

I’d love to see pics of it please.
    No idea what it’s worth though.

Premier Icon chappie916
    Subscriber

A few pics would be nice!

Agreed… will do once once it’s cleaned up a bit and thanks for the retrobike nod, will look into it.

portydave

The whiskey town racer was an awesome bike…..as mentioned stick it on retrobike, I would suspect you’ll get a bit for it, depending on condition etc etc. stick up some pics here as well though

haggis1978

£3-400 frame only I would say unless prices have changed that much. Depends on condition of course. I paid £450 for my one a few years ago but it was minty. Def stick it on retrobike.

neilm

Teetosugars has it dead right.

There are a few boys over on RB who would sell their souls for a Whisky Town Racer. A lot depends on the paint though.

Do a search in the pre 97 for sale section first, as there have been a couple sold recently, and that will give you and idea of the value. Plus, most of the boys over there prefer to buy a frame and forks, so they can build it exactly how they want it; unless of course the complete bike is really high spec. Even then, I’d put money on people asking you to split it.

I’ll watch out for the ad, and remember, lots of photo’s, they luv em.

TheDoctor

The cotic will be a total let down after riding the whiskey town racer. I wouldn’t swap a top end frame for a cheap frame like that!

Premier Icon chappie916
    Subscriber

Just wondering.

I have an old Mountain Goat Whisky Town Racer in the garage built up as a single speed. It’s a nice bike and still used occasionally.

However I do like the Cotic Solaris.

Does anyone know if my old Goat is worth anything being a classic and all that or would it stay in the garage just to be joined by the shiney new Cotic?

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

Oh my its been a while since I looked through American mtb mags and got aroused by a Mountain Goat Whiskey Town Racer.
    If you do put it up for sale offer to post at cost worldwide :mrgreen:
    But pop some pics up here first!

Premier Icon chappie916
    Subscriber

The cotic will be a total let down after riding the whiskey town racer. I wouldn’t swap a top end frame for a cheap frame like that!

You know what you’ve all got me thinking. I might just bring it back up to scratch and ride it. After all it was great once.

Couple of pics @

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/chappie916/d43c9332-250c-410a-a879-abb80c41aa9b.jpg

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/chappie916/6691706d-7993-4c92-9bfb-6951eb6d77c7.jpg

ajantom

Nice, would be better with shorter sus forks or rigids though, as that looks a bit high at the front end.

Premier Icon chappie916
    Subscriber

Nice, would be better with shorter sus forks or rigids though, as that looks a bit high at the front end.

I do have some chromed RC30’s which were on it at one point but decided it needed front sus so the old bombers were used… the orange was to match my old Z1’S.

It does sag a little which kind of settles it up ok.

ajantom

RC30s – nice 🙂 that’s exactly what I have on my SS Indy Fab.

johnellison

What it should look like…

trail_rat

can only assume the doctors tongues firmly in his cheek.

ive ridden one – cant say i was overly enthused. it rode like a.n.other old bike.

the 500 quid genisis core was more fun to ride

haggis1978 – was your a 2 sided fade paint job white on one side black or blue on the other ?

Premier Icon chappie916
    Subscriber

What it should look like..

Nah, mine was blue with silver lettering until it became orange… I have the head tude badeg still but never had enough confidence in any glue to stick it back in place.

johnellison

Nah, mine was blue with silver lettering until it became orange… I have the head tude badeg still but never had enough confidence in any glue to stick it back in place.

So basically you’ve painted it? Like asking how much the Mona Lisa’s worth now you’ve put some nice anaglypta over it… 🙄

Premier Icon chappie916
    Subscriber

So basically you’ve painted it? Like asking how much the Mona Lisa’s worth now you’ve put some nice anaglypta over it…

I beg to differ… “painted it” conjours up a picture of a guy in his garage with a brush and hammerite in his hand! This was pro job by local framebuilder with oven bake… so yeap… basically it’s been painted.

It’s not going anywhere anyway, decided I still have feelings for my corrupted Goat!

haggis1978

TrailRat: yeah that was mine. White on one side and baby blue on the other. Cracking bike.

st

It’s a sound bike built up as you like to ride it, no issue there. There’s a fair few people who would complain at anything other than a component perfect original condition bike but if it’s not being ridden then what’s the point.

It might not fetch top dollar if you ever did sell it as it is but the frame would stil have a good sale value.

trail_rat

Sounds like we have met then haggis.

Felt very 90s kona explosive to me. Nice in an old school way but to say its better than modern bikes would be lying.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Classic Mountain Goat Whisky Town Racer’ is closed to new replies.