Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Classic Goldie
  • whippersnapper
    Free Member

Anyone see this? I thought it was ace, quite inspiring really. I liked his drum n bass stuff, especially the second album which to me it sounds similar to this. Any classical fans see it? What did you think?

grahamt1980

I love most music, and that was great.
    ok for m some of the bits sounded slightly off but that was more likely my TV than the music.
    It was amazing to see how it was done
    Just want to wait and see what he does next, another piece classically hopefully

colnagokid

Watched the 1st part last week, very interesting, totally forgot about tonights- came in just in time to see it! Brilliant stuff, dont know anything about 'classical' music but loved that

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allthepies
    Free Member

Did he pull the gig off ?

Saw last weeks and it was looking iffy (but the programme was great)

corroded
    Free Member

Yes, good stuff. And thankfully not too contrived for TV. Have stuck Timeless on now.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Really good TV. It's opened my mind (a bit) to what this classical malarkey might be about. Will Goldie be composing symphonies in 20 years?

noteeth
    Free Member

Caught the last half… speaking as somebody who was profoundly affected as a kid by hearing this, it was good to see him so pleased by the reception. Not that he really has anything to prove – and there was much talk from the classical buffs about "how far he'd come along", etc etc. Perhaps they'd like to knock out some junglist classics…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, thought it was really good too. I loved the bit where the drummers were really giving it some and also the bit where the improvisation crowd were showing him the different noises they could make on the instruments.

Also that lady composer who was going though the symphony with him wasn't anywhere near as patronising as I might have expected – interesting to see how she could "hear" the music in her head by looking at the score.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Classic Goldie’ is closed to new replies.