Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • clarkes disc brakes
  • mav12
    Free Member

anyone tried these they are cheap as chips on crc and get good reviews , wanting a pair for a flat bar road /gravel bike

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I put a set on rebuild of an old hardtail. They have been really easy to fit and I didn’t need to bleed them after shortening the hoses.

They have only been used a few times but seem to do the trick. The feel isn’t as good as a more expensive brake. But for less than £50 a pair they have been great.

rents
    Free Member

The Mrs has them on a disk trucker. Very good value for money and as good as brakes twice the price.

antigee

saw the reviews and bought a set for my shopper/gym bike – impressed – good quality product, can’t fault.

faustus

Good value – and you can use the calipers on shimano levers if you need to.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Last time I looked you could get Shimano Alivio level brakes cheaper than Clarks.

prawny

I’ve got one of the CMD17(?) on my commuter, great for £15. Basically a copy of a BB5, bought it when the Tektro Mira that came on my bike seized on a sunday afternoon and I needed something t get me to work.

I was going to replace it straight away with some Spyres or similar, but it works so acceptably it’s still on there several months later.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘clarkes disc brakes’ is closed to new replies.