Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Clarissa Dickson Wright -RIP
  • hora
    Free Member

Reading this, what an appalling childhood that she had.

RIP lady

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/feb/13/gender.uk

hh45
    Free Member

I thought she was a force for good in the world of food. RIP.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Has she died twice today on here?

bob_summers

I realise grave dancing sentiments aren’t popular on here but good riddance to hunt scum afaic.

Jamie
    Free Member

Has she died twice today on here?

She’s having a really bad day.

hora
    Free Member

Bob_summers I didnt ask for such an opinion that you know would shut someones topic.. Please dont spoil my thread thank you. Abit of forum etiquette ta.

Suggsey
    Free Member

My first thought was she was too living proof that being either of two fat ladies is not healthy and doesn’t necessarily mean longevity of life! She was someone’s relative and if being involved with hunting makes her worthy of being spoken harshly of then it’s a bit of a sad sentiment but then extremists in life very often are misguided in their thoughts!

yossarian
    Free Member

What a terrible childhood the woman had, dreadful. Domestic violence is so incredibly damaging isn’t it?

As far as the hunting thing goes, no I don’t agree with it and I do struggle to empathise with those who do.

It’s entirely possible to sympathise with someone’s tragedy, because that’s what her childhood was, and find some of that same persons views totally incompatible with your own.

It’s also possible to express your views in a dignified and reasonable manner.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And Yossarian rescues the thread with a bit of class and decency. Nicely put.

hora
    Free Member

Agree

Kuco

RIP

I use to like the Two Fat Ladies programmes.

ninfan
    Free Member

being either of two fat ladies is not healthy and doesn’t necessarily mean longevity of life!

I believe much of the damage was done when she was young and thin and drinking six pints of G&T a day to be fair 😯

Similarly, regards Jennifer, I don’t believe theres a correlation regards obesity and lung cancer, smoking on the other hand…

The world needs more characters, especially ones with the conviction of their beliefs – and is a sadder place tonight for her passing.

As I commented on the other thread, we’ll probably now never know the truth about the ‘Miranda’ Blair tales either.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I haven’t read the link. I knew she had a shit childhood, I also knew that she had a shit adulthood. I didn’t like her, mostly because of her views on hunting. But I do have empathy with other human beings, including those I disagree with. Everyone is entitled to a happy life, she didn’t have much of one.

RIP Clarissa Dickson Wright

bikebouy
    Free Member

I only ever watched her TV cooking programmes and the occasional TV adlib, whilst I know nothing of her past but know of her political views, she certainly stood up for a lot of people and made their views open to the public, like them or not.
    I always thought she was a breath of fresh air on a sanitised TV schedule, and she was a great presenter, and she commanded an audience for those alone I say Rest Easy Clarissa.

Edukator
    Free Member

Never heard of her, however the lady that used to hang around with Jagger was great, too sad to start a thread about her perhaps so I’ll borrow a bit of this one.

gogg
    Free Member

Lived life to the full. After all life is for living.
    RIP

sharkbait
    Free Member

What a shame – seems like she enjoyed life. I saw her in the pub a couple of years ago, she commented on my legs (summer = shorts) in a good way. I liked her!

jambalaya
    Free Member

A sad loss. Smart and talented lady. Stood up for what she believed in and an thought her country side programme was excellent.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A refreshing change to the bland and opinion polled opinions form most presenters these days. RIP

scotroutes

I didn’t recognise the name, then the rest of the comments on the post gave it away. I’m afraid I’ve never seen her “perform” or have any other means of forming an opinion on her. However, I’m sure she’ll be missed by someone and for that they have my condolences.

teasel
    Free Member

Some of the recipes they came up with were designed with Henry VIII in mind IMO and no messin’ – lovely stuff, fat n all. I always half expected her to belch out a few pheasant feathers TBH but I suppose that would’ve been time for a swift retake…

MussEd
    Free Member

I saw her in Aldi once. Cannae BELIEVE she was only 66! Two lifetimes crammed into one!

mt
    Free Member

One of the good people who’ll be missed by many. A character who stood for what she believed, food, hunting, farming and countryside, whatever she thought was right. She could never be accused of being bland, unlike many.

Heard her say once about supermarkets “their killing us with convenience”. Always liked that one.

shermer75
    Free Member

That’s quite an article. So frank and open. What makes it interesting is that her father, the violent drunk that he was, was also so incredibly successful. The bit about the medical profession closing ranks put a chill down my spine!

barrytheflea
    Free Member

I picked her up in my cab once, she came across as a charming and warm hearted person.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Clarissa Dickson Wright -RIP’ is closed to new replies.