Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Claiming refund from credit card
  • marcg868
    Free Member

Basically ordered a coat as a Christmas gift for someone and moron here didn’t read the trust pilot reviews of how shite they are.
    Ordered the 27th November and still nothing arrived, no email confirmation of order, no response to emails or phone calls etc.
    Will it be easy to claim back on my credit card (Capital 1) or am I out of luck?

fazzini

You could raise a chargeback or a section 75 claim with Capital one if breach of contract has occurred.

monkeyboyjc

Yes it’ll be easy, do you have tracking for postage etc.?

zilog6128

Not something I’ve ever done but you’d hope it would be straightforward! Section 75 only covers £100+ although you should still be able to do a chargeback if under. (I always try to use PayPal for <£100, claimed back a few times which is really easy)

monkeyboyjc

Most credit cards have some sort of insurance for all purchases I thought….. They may not do a charge back as involves paper work and just refund the costs themselves…

john_l
    Free Member

Yup,the first thing they’ll do is ask if you’ve contacted the retailer. Sounds like you’ve done all that and can evidence it, so should be pretty straightforward.

marcg868
    Free Member

Yeah fired off the same email just with adjustments to days elapsed. No tracking information or email confirmation. However the email confirmation didn’t arrive with John Lewis either ordered the day before but that item arrived safely.
    Handsome Dans is the company. A coat for step daughters boyfriend.
    Only £80 but still a bit miffed off.

monkeyboyjc

Have you tried phoning them? 028905 81312

Seems to be a Wearhouse based clothing company rather than a shop, but being based in northern Ireland postage may be problematic at the moment 🤷‍♂️

twinw4ll
    Free Member

A few years ago i claimed on a spurious garage bill for £92 on my credit card so the £100 thing is possibly flexible.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Claiming refund from credit card’ is closed to new replies.