Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Civic type r. Anyone have one?
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

I had to go for something sensible… Golf GTD was lovely but i opted for the sensible option of a passat estate 🙁

globalti
    Free Member

I enjoy driving fast (done a couple of track days and Ferrari drives etc.) I’ve had two standard Civic V-Tecs and they were exciting enough to drive; I had a few near-misses in those days on lonely mountain roads (A686 Penrith to Alston, anybody?) and I can only imagine the effect on a 21 year old of driving the R type, which I’ve heard is just unbelievably fast. All I can say is that I’m glad cars like that weren’t around when I was 21 or I probably wouldn’t be here now. Actually I spent most of my mad years on motorbikes so the potential for damage to other people is reduced.

julians
    Free Member

I wouldnt say a type R is unbelievably fast, they’re a pretty typical hot hatch in terms of straight line performance.

I think you could definitely make a case for restricting young drivers to lower power cars , I reckon I’d have killed myself if I had access to Type R aged 17-23. Though The high insurance costs tend to achieve the same effect without the need for making it a legal requirement.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I had my first type r at 20… and also a company car so was doing front tyres every 6000 miles.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Civic type r. Anyone have one?’ is closed to new replies.