Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Civic Tourer
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Anyone got a civic tourer?
    I’ve got a 2012 civic which does give a load of boot space..
    I can safely squeeze 2 mountain bikes and a kids bike in, while still leaving room in the back for a car seat.
    But doesn’t leave a great deal of room for baggage.
    So I’m interested how much more space the tourer will give me…
    Roof rack or rear carrier not an option..

Onzadog
    Free Member

nicholas_yiu

Quite a bit, I had a 2013 Civic, then have the Tourer after that. The seat layout is exactly the same. By having the car bigger, all the room is gained in the luggage space.

I also had a current Gen CRV before as well, I can fit more in the tourer than in the CRV.

In the Tourer, I can easily fit my FS with both wheels off without lowering the seat. There’s no way I can do that in the standard Civic. Have a look at one in a showroom.

I also found the handling to be better than the standard Civic as it is more balanced. Don’t choose the 17″ alloys though as they stick out proud of the tyres. I kerbed mine couple of times and it’s not nice.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Interesting, I did look at the CRV but the extra cost puts me off, and I’m not sure that a 1.6 diesel is a big enough engine for the size of the CRV.

The better handling of the tourer makes sense as they have adaptive rear shocks.

From what your saying, it sounds like an upgrade space wise.

Did you have the 1.6 diesel? If so what sort of economy did you get?
    I currently have a 1.8 petrol and average 38mpg..
    Looking at the 1.6 diesel as I’m going to be doing more milage for work.

jimmy

I have the 1.6 diesel. Economy is consistently around 62mpg. Nice car to drive – but might actually have to sell if you’re interested!

pickle
    Free Member

Loved my old 2007 Civic, with the rear seats pushed up I could roll my BMX into it without taking any wheels off.

Have to say I didn’t like the design changes on the new one so went German instead.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry about the 1.6 diesel. It is an absolutely brilliant engine.
    We are giving back our Civic hatch tomorrow and it will be missed. Magic seats are ace too.

64 mpg in the Civic now down to 45 mpg in a Superb Estate.
    120 vs 150 PS, but the Civic had better power delivery with more low down grunt.

simon_g

My dad has one and loves it – rear load area for dogs, flip up back seats for luggage if they’re going away.

Rica.org.uk if you want exact boot dimensions for anything.

tall_martin

I’ve got a 2015 tourer with the 1.6 Diesel.

Its lovely, well built, handles fine and comfy.

It fits:
    A tandem with both wheels off, but mudguards on
    Two DH bikes with the front wheels off
    My (massive) full suss in with the wheels and forks off and the back seats up plus a weeks worth of work clothes all under the luggage cover.

I have also curbed two (17″) wheels in 10,000 miles where as in my last car it too 80,000 to do the same.

nicholas_yiu

1.6 diesel is good. It even had enough power in the CRV but only just. Struggles above 80mph.

There is now a twin turbo high power version of the 1.6 which goes into the 4WD CRV which is more suited to the size.

I had a tourer in SE spec with the 16″ alloys and that did around 65 average. The SR spec one I had did 60mpg average which is probably down to the 17″ alloys.

Goldigger
    Free Member

The SR is the one I’m looking at replacing my EX hatch..
    60 mpg is a good improvement over my 38, plus the £20 road tax over my £154.
    Think I’ll take my 5 to the dealer and stuff it in the back of the tourer to see how it fits..
    Thanks for the replys

Goldigger
    Free Member

Have you kind people got any photos of how you loaded your bikes in the back?
    I have to keep the 1/4 seat up as it’s got a child seat on. So the 3/4 seat is laid down flat..
    Interested to see if there’s a better way to load than I’m currently doing.
    All wheels off both mountain bikes, droppers all the way down.
    Upside down on bars and seat, bunje around forks and drivers headrest uprights.
    Another bunjy around downtubes hooked onto seat bracket.
    Another 16″ bike to go in after that, plus all the wheels..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Civic Tourer’ is closed to new replies.