Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • city-link lost my gopro
  • crapjumper
    Free Member

Hi all , long story so please bear with me.I bought a new gopro hero 3 silver edition on ebay .I was happy with the price and was looking forward to arseing about with it.On wednesday at 1pm i checked online with the tracking service and it said it had been delivered and signed for . I got home from work at 5.50pm and asked the mrs where she’d put it . She said she’d only got in 20 mins before me. I phone city-link who rather abruptly said because they had a signature for it there was nothing they could do about it . I went to their wigan depot on thursday after work at 7 pm to speak to somebody , they phoned the driver who said there was a guy about 20 years old with black hair standing by my wheelie bins so he gave it to him and he scrawled a signature for it . I was gobsmacked to say the least so i said to him aren’t you supposed to knock on the door at least or do you just give parcels to the binmen /windowcleaner ? The driver just mumbled that he assumed the guy was the householder . The long and short of it is that city-link are telling me that because i’m just the receiver and not the sender it’s basically “TOUGH SHIT” and if i can ask the original sender to try to claim through customer services then that “MIGHT HELP”!. i’ve tried asking the sender to do this but theres been no reply from him but to be fair he’s been paid for the gopro so probably just can’t be arsed . Surely there must be some sort of claims procedure So has anyone got any advice or suggestions because it seems i might have just given £193 away . thanks

parkesie
    Free Member

Some guy in a city link uniform signed for it more like.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

If you’re not getting a reply from the seller and paid by Paypal, put a Paypal claim in fit an item not received.

Northwind

They’ve not handled it well but they’re absolutely right- their contract is with the sender not with you. The sender will be able to raise a claim.

It’s his responsibility to get it to you- your contract is with the seller not with citylink so you take it up with them and ebay.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Get the sender to chase it up. If that doesnt work – open a claim against them (the seller) via ebay/paypal.

Cougar

Bit crap that; from the seller’s point of view, for all he knows you’ve received it and are pulling a fast one.

crapjumper
    Free Member

PARKESIE that’s the first thing i thought but proving it’s a different matter . I know the signature from a young bloke is a crock of shit and so do city-link but i feel like i’m pissing into the wind .I’ll keep trying to get the sender to chase it from his end but to be fair he’s upheld his part of the deal perfectly .

glupton1976
    Free Member

I’ll keep trying to get the sender to chase it from his end but to be fair he’s upheld his part of the deal perfectly

Do you have a Go Pro – if not then they haven’t upheld their part of the deal – yet. For all you know they may have sent an empty box…

br
    Free Member

I’ll keep trying to get the sender to chase it from his end but to be fair he’s upheld his part of the deal perfectly .

Not really, as you’ve not got the GoPro.

It seems that the simple thing to do is raise a Paypal action and just state exactly what has happened. The seller will then need to claim the monies thru City-Link.

You’ve got your cash back, and he’ll get his cash back (dependent on his contract with City-Link) – but tbh, that’s not your problem.

STATO
    Free Member

It seems that the simple thing to do is raise a Paypal action and just state exactly what has happened. The seller will then need to claim the monies thru City-Link.

But if seller has proof of delivery (signature) how does the OP prove to paypal he didnt recieve it?

or vice-versa, if you post something signed for, can you still claim from the delivery company even if its signed for?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Open a PayPal dispute…,in a couple of days you’ll get refunded and the sender will be the one out of pocket (I have experience as the seller in this scenario!)

swampi
    Free Member

I had eBay/PayPal stiff me last year as the buyer, a 3 quid chainring never showed up, according to the courier firm it had been delivered and signed for, but would not deal with me so raised a dispute, PayPal said the sender had tracking proof that it was delivered and signed for so that was good enough proof for them and the seller wouldn’t respond to me so yes you can still get shafted as a buyer of the courier messes up

singlespeedstu

Ask the sender for POD.
    If the signature and name don’t match yours file a claim with Paypal.
    It’s up to the seller to prove you’ve recieved it and if they can’t Paypal will refund.

Mintman
    Free Member

I sent a gearbox through a well known courier and they lost that. My view was that me, the sender, was required to fix the mess with the courier as the buyer had upheld their end of the bargain. I refunded my buyer and then had to resolve the issue with the courier.

As tempting as it was to hold onto the buyer’s money it was pointless – the issue was between me and the courier. Since I’d paid the courier they’d only deal with me and not the buyer.

andyl
    Free Member

surely this needs reporting to the police before you go any further? You should be able to file it online.

if the story is true then the person who has it has obtained it by deception.

if the story isn’t true then the city link depot manager needs a prod from the plod to clean up their branch.

You will then get a crime reference to substantiate your case to paypal.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘city-link lost my gopro’ is closed to new replies.