Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • City link are useless.. Any one else got horror stories?
  • ska-49
    Free Member

Arrived home and my bike box was sitting on the doorstep.. Box had been out in the rain for a few hours. Crazy ! I also remember ordering a spoon saddle and royal mail balancing it on top of my post box. Cheers.. Just glad I havent lost anything yet!

Has any one else got some stories like this?

ricdiggle
    Free Member

You’re lucky they came at all. I actively avoid companies that use shity link.

druidh
    Free Member

That’s ridiculous. The bike might have got wet!

Haze

Sat in waiting for a parcel once, heard a “sorry we missed you” card come through the letter box and went outside to see him getting back in the van…

Jamie
    Free Member

You’re lucky they came at all. I actively avoid companies that use shity link.

Tricky sometimes. I use Amazon with their Prime next day delivery service. but you get never know who the courier is till you get the despatch email. In the last few weeks I have had DPD*, HDNL, City Link etc.

As it goes, I have an order from Amazon coming tomorrow, that has been split among RM and City Link. As it’s mostly soft goods I am not too worried.

This is City Link’s midweek effort with breakables 8) :

…and yes, this was how the guy handed me the box.

*I cannot describe the feeling of joy I get when I know DPD are delivering my stuff. Text/Email notifications of the hour they will be coming, ability to change dates or leave with neighbour via the website. Ace.

mattythemod
    Free Member

Citylink are crap beyond belief and dont deserve to be in business , i too had a delivery that i was sat in waiting for and saw the driver just put a card in the mailbox and drive away , DPD are ace i gotta agree , so much so we are no starting to use them at work .

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Citylink put my my wife’s brand new TLD D3 in the bin & left us a card…

And yes, it was bin day.

Basil

My loverly new scope for my rifle didn’t turn up for a week. Rang supplier, bump to city link bump been delivered. Some effort later an explanation. Driver had called,I was not home. LEFT SCOPE IN THE WHEELIE BIN, I shit you not.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i get hand-written death-threats from city link.

seriously.

in quite ‘girlish’ hand writing, which makes it even more weird.

someone who used to live at this address had a complaint about some lost parcels, the driver involved got in trouble, and now i recieve the death threats…

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Will Agree,City link are the worst.

APC and DPD get my vote and usually use them to sent stuff

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

My company uses several companies, CityLink is the worst.

We’ve had stuff collected, receipts issued and then complete denials they ever collected when it fails to turn up on multiple occasions, when it finally, and often randomly does turn up, they offer no explanation.

Pre 9am deliveries are generally quarter past, the list goes on BUT they are cheaper than TNT, DFL etc so our finance team like them.

luffy105
    Free Member

We send out and collect a lot of parcels every day at work. The parcels contain high value comms gear. We use dpd, citylink, fedex, ups and have used most of the others in the past (TNT etc).

Ups are the best of a bad bunch by a long margin. The problem with the likes of dpd,citylink etc is there is no consistency of drivers and some are run as franchises where the driver buys the route so there is little quality control. I could give pages of horror stories but won’t bore you. I’ll give you one honest true example that happened to me on Monday. I got a notification from the courier that a card had been left at the property as no one was in…. The property in question was the House of Commons… It has not been closed in 400 years. No word of a lie!

cozz
    Free Member

to be fair all companies have good drivers and bad

I ship parcels for work through a local courier who routes them into city link network

around 400 parcels last CHristmas, with only one mix up

If you are stupid enough to order something thats going to turn up while you are at work either
    – get it sent to work if you can
    – request it to be left in a certain safe place (to avoid bin drops)

most hassle I get it from people ordering stuff to an address they are not at during the day, and then moaning they werent in when it was delivered ?!?

bazwadah
    Free Member

Had a box of wine sent to us once, delivered by citylink while my wife and I were out so they left a note to arrange a re-delivery. turns out they wouldn’t deliver any time other than 9-5 Mon -Fri (not handy when we both worked those hours), wouldn’t deliver to a business address either. parcel was being delivered from Carlisle to Kendal, ended up having to get it sent to Blackpool (my father in laws address) just so we could receive it (100 mile trip!). Mysteriously 6 bottles of wine were recorded as being loaded to the van at Preston, then disappeared on route and they couldn’t trace where… TRY ASKING THE DRIVER!. DPD have always given an hour timeslot and stuck to it.

Jamie
    Free Member

i get hand-written death-threats from city link.

seriously.

Did we ever get to why this happens?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Been dealing with parcel force this week……..dont start me. Sigh. The words “it was dark” “he is a relief driver ” “his sat nav went down ” were heard . . .

peteimpreza

Why can’t any of these couriers realise the need to deliver in the evening?

More successful deliveries, less re-deliveries, less requirement for collection from the depot and as a result a lot more happier customers.

br
    Free Member

So frame arrived safely – would you rather you had to go collect it?

FieldMarshall

Ordered something from Wiggle recently. Checkout said 1st class, so I confirmed purchase, as I live opposite post office so even if im out its not a hassle to collect.

Was sent by City link!

Wiggle is 30 mins from me. Nearest City Link depot is 20 mins away. Parcel was sent to Swindon depot. 1 1/2 hr aways away!

Was expecting RM so wasnt home. So card left and I can either make a 3hr round trip or reschedule.

Go for latter, told it will be 7.30 to 1700. Wife stays at home all day. Nothing.

Finally shows up at 2000. Driver says “i dont start til 11am so no way it was going to be before 1700”

Useless.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Friend of mine was having a new PC monitor/tv thing delivered. Card was left by city link simply stating “in garden”. All well and good except they had thrown it over a 10 foot wall to get it into the garden…. Unbelievable.

Jamie
    Free Member

Friend of mine was having a new PC monitor/tv thing delivered. Card was left by city link simply stating “in garden”. All well and good except they had thrown it over a 10 foot wall to get it into the garden…. Unbelievable.

Must learn it at courier camp:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUDTPbDhnA[/video]

steve0pd
    Free Member

They are known as Shitty Link for a reason!!!

Northwind

We’ve had the bin thing as well. Got to laugh really. Was sorely tempted to just say “Well done, it’s gone to the tip, you owe me a motherboard”

Still not as good as the fishmonger chap who tried next door, discovered they weren’t in, so decided to post 2 fish through our letterbox, while we were on holiday for a fortnight. Cheers for that.

And yes, DPD are fantastic.

cinnamon_girl

I had cards through the door, saying they would redeliver on a certain day so waited in all day and no show. Checked online and it was all lies. Ended up with a 40 mile round trip to their depot and was told they were using agency drivers and I wasn’t the only one moaning!

In the end, I complained to the major high street retailer and eventually got my petrol costs refunded, plus a bit more.

You need to complain – retailers want happy customers.

Stu_N

Been sitting in a city link depot while they look for my parcel. For FORTY **** MINUTES. They have found bits of someone else’s and there are two people behind me in queue. Just as well my Saturday morning is not valuable to me. Oh – wait a minute, it is!

Clink

What peteimpreza said.

Similar citylink stories here – if I order from wiggle I now e-mail and request that they send via RM.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

I had a parcel not delivered three times, I was in all day on all three occasions, no attempt to deliver and no card left, but at the end of each day the tracking was updated to say an attempt was made but no-one was in. Phoned them up each time to complain, they insisted that a card must have been left and essentially accused me of lying. Depot was hours away so it got returned to sender. I asked them to send it out by RM and it turned up with the postie the next morning.

gnusmas

Problematic deliveries on and off with city link, but yodel are far worse. Currently waiting for a parcel that was apparently delivered about 6 weeks ago with parts for my car to get through the mot. Car passed mot 2 weeks ago after having to buy parts elsewhere, still waiting for the parcel to materialise.

Cannot get refund/replacement from the supplier as they are waiting for yodel to authorise the claim, but yodel keep ‘losing’ their claim.

bruneep

Yup yodel make city link look good.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

I’ve only had 2 parcels from city link and 3 from yodel, but yodel were much better for me, in that they turned up, on the right days, admittedly in the back of some random blokes cars, whereas none of the city link parcels ever turned up at all. I just wish everyone could use RM.

desburns
    Free Member

Yeh city link are rubbish! Had two collections due one from city link and the other parcel force I clearly marked them with a postit note on top of each on! One was going to Belgium too which was plastered all over it! Guess what city link picked up both of them and took them to Scotland! Even tho I had only paid for one collection by them!

Called them up saying my parcel has been delivered to Scotland they said there is nothing we can do as we don’t know if it has been delivered there! Hopeless customer service as they were no help at all! Was riding in glentress that week and it was on the way home is so went to collect it myself!

Thanks city link!

Edric64
    Free Member

DPD are just as bad .I waited in last year at the alotted time for a parcel which didnt arrive (girlfriends birthday present for that day).They couldnt find the address from sat nav .Try a mao the farm is on there I said .I had to drive to Bristol to collect and couldnt get any compensation for my lost afternoons work

andrewh
    Free Member

I had a parcel delivered by them with no problem, even when there was a bit of snow around still.
    However, he then asked directions to another house, I told him where it was, about a mile away, he said ‘oh I can’t be bothered with that’ and drove off in the other direction.

Clink

Somebody should show this thread to Citylink, or even better some of the bike firms that use them. 😯

granny_ring

I’m in a minority here but City Link have been ok for me, collections and delivery wise. Has been the same driver each time so that might have helped I guess.
    UPS have been great for both and agree that DPD have been the best for deliveries with the 2 hr time slot.

cinnamon_girl

I had a parcel not delivered three times, I was in all day on all three occasions, no attempt to deliver and no card left, but at the end of each day the tracking was updated to say an attempt was made but no-one was in.

Yep, my experience. My only bad experience.

Guys – complain to the retailer! Retailers need customers!

As I said in my earlier post, I complained to the high street retailer who escalated it. A meeting was held with CL who were given full details of my complaint and presumably told to get their act together. Retailer reimbursed me and I guess CL got stung for that.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Royalfail and Parcelfarce are the worst of all IMO.
    They swap packages between themselves all the time, send them to the wrong depots, don’t honour timescales and never refund even when shown to be wrong by their own employees…..

stealthcat

I sort of like CityLink at the moment. They’re the reason Amazon upgraded my PC from the one I ordered at no cost.

Because CityLink lost the original (last in stock at Amazon) in their depot.

The replacement was delivered by DPD, as we’ve already told Amazon not to use Yodel for deliveries to us.

foureyes
    Free Member

citylink and Yodel are atrocious, Royal Mail and PF are great around here at least. My horror stories too boring to recant

Jamie
    Free Member

Today’s City Link delivery is not here yet. Wonder if guaranteed Saturday delivery actually means that.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘City link are useless.. Any one else got horror stories?’ is closed to new replies.