Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Citroen Nemo – Yay or nay?
  • Shakey
    Free Member

I am going to buy a new van as I do a lot of business miles and I want to buy the most economical vehicle. Does anybody have a Nemo or know if the combined economy of 60mpg is true and if Citroen really call the HDi engine ‘The Chocolate Engine’?

Smarty
    Free Member

Combined 60mpg is bullkack
    I have the Peugoet one (same thing, different badge) as a car so could be a little heavier than the van variant
    Day to day average is 50mpg (20 mile round trip commute some fast A roads) according to trip computer but is actually 48mpg by my calculations.
    Recent Mway trip to stockport, 120 mile round trip showed 67mpg on trip
    Road tax is cheaper for a car variant, £30 per year, I beleive it’s £200 for the van.
    Mate has the Nemo van, loaded up and with ladders on roof most of the time and he gets nowhere near the same day to day average as me.

midlifecrashes

I hired the car variant in Spain last summer and wouldn’t want to do a lot of miles in it, stability wasn’t it’s strong point. UK version may be better.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

Good under water I think.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

If you can find it…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

new HDI Citroen Berlingo here with claimed 61mpg combine – actual is about 45mpg 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

UK version may be better.

How so?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I ‘think’ the Fiat version has some kind of stability pack, but might be wrong. The Peugeot, Citroen and Fiat versions are all slightly different.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member
    donsimon
    Free Member

So nothing to do with the “UK version” then?

The-Duke

I’ve had a nemo for over a year now, gets around 55 mpg on average and over 60 on longer runs. If you accept that’s it’s not a performance vehicle and drive accordingly and it sounds like you want something economical then its ideal. Can get 2 bikes with the front wheels off in the back by putting them against the bulkhead and still leaves plenty of storage space. Only annoying thing is the road tax being £200 instead of £35 for the car version but it’s worth it for the security of not having to leave bikes on the car roof unattended.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I have 2005 Berlingo 2.0HDi. I almost always get better than 45mpg, which is basically 10 miles per litre. Easy to check when filling up. I can’t actually remember the last time I didn’t. The best I’ve had, brim to brim, is 59.something. Very careful driving though.

midlifecrashes

So nothing to do with the “UK version” then?

Hire car in Spain was obviously a much lower spec, only one side door, no rear side windows to bootspace, and probably more important, skinnier tyres. More basic interior too. There was no indication of ESP on the dash, but it was set up for Spanish so I may have missed it.

Shakey
    Free Member

Hmmm…well thats not looking good. Any recommendations for a decent van/company car that is extremely economical to run?

molgrips
    Free Member

new HDI Citroen Berlingo here with claimed 61mpg combine – actual is about 45mpg

FFS those figures are NOT claimed economy. Merely the results of a test.

If you get low figures either your driving conditions are worse or you are not an economical driver. Or both.

The govt figures exist so you can compare vehicles.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Citroen Nemo – Yay or nay?’ is closed to new replies.