• This topic has 170 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by kayla1.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 171 total)
  • Citroen Ami….
  • monkeyboyjc

Anyone else really want one?
    The potential €30 per month lease hire would be particularly appealing as a delivery vehicle for my shop….

dogbone

They look fantastic and an amazing bit of design (only one door design etc).

kelvin

Yes. Are you paying?

misteralz
    Free Member

We need a link! There are a few 4k€ ones here on Marktplaats, but I suspect that’s not what you meant…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’d be very happy with one of those on the drive. I wonder if I’d get my bike in the boot…

P-Jay
    Free Member

Non

It’s not quite there for me, I’m just not urban enough.

At the moment it would work, my daily drive has become 4 miles of slow, traffic filled driving which is would be ‘perfect’ for, even if I’d miss my heated seats etc, my business travel has become less and less for obvious reasons and I suspect most of it won’t return post-Covid, but I will always need the ability to transport myself and a pile of kit 100 miles at little notice.

I think it would be great for local delivery places, the lads who work for the local Dominoes franchise rip about like Rossi on their little scooters, I feel nervous watching them.

Really though, if things like this catch on, I think they’ll replace a lot of bikes, scooters and public transport rather than cars, it’s a solution, but perhaps not a good one.

ElShalimo

I preferred the estate …. very, very French

monkeyboyjc

It’s not quite there for me, I’m just not urban enough.

I’m full on rural (village shop) but we do alot of sub 20mile local trips & a few local deliveries. Branded up I think it would work well as a relatively small business advert.

We need a link!

Not available in the UK (yet), and post brexit it’ll be at least 10% more but even at £40 a month it wouldn’t put me off to be fare.

kelvin

I don’t see it as an urban car anyway… despite the reviews. You need a garage… it’s a suburban commuter car.

petec
    Free Member

i would love one for my daughter’s first car, and her trip to school

only downside is the bleeding big hill between us and it. Both ways there’s a 15% hill for at least a mile. It would never do it

the-muffin-man

Errr – nope!

Pierre

https://www.citroen.co.uk/about-citroen/concept-cars/citroen-ami-one-concept

What a great looking little car! Not a massive amount of luggage space and I’m generally against the “what we need is more cars” solution, but if one of those replaced each single-occupant medium-sized hatchback in standard traffic, queues would be a fair bit smaller.

matt_outandabout

I think it is brilliant.
    So does Johnny. See at 18mins for the verdict.

cookeaa

I’m a little fuzzy on the operating model, can you basically rent it by the hour, Lease one long or short term, buy one or all of the above?

Anyway It seems like it could suit a chunk of our household’s motoring needs.
    My missus doesn’t drive more than a handful of miles from our house, very seldom outside of town (30 limits).

The range might work for me commuting, but I’d need a higher top speed as my commute takes in 50/NSL limit A and B roads with tailgaters aplenty…

But just as a “Mobility tool” for the missus to run errands, shuttle the MIL about and me to take the kids to their various clubs and appointments on the weekends/evenings it would be a reasonable option IMO…

matt_outandabout

I’m a little fuzzy on the operating model, can you basically rent it by the hour, Lease one long or short term, buy one or all of the above?

In France euro6000 or so, lease for euro50(ish) and many car clubs use for a few euro’s an hour.
    I can see a dozen of these type of things emerging over the next few years – some quadracycle, some full cars but weeny (like the Twizzy, but more weatherproof.)

jonnyboi

Is this just a modern version of those tiny cars you see convicted french drunk drivers in?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Really though, if things like this catch on, I think they’ll replace a lot of bikes, scooters and public transport rather than cars, it’s a solution, but perhaps not a good one.

I’m generally against the “what we need is more cars” solution

The thing with the other solutions is they’re great on paper but rubbish in practice. If bikes, scooters, buses etc were a reasonable solution there wouldn’t be a problem anymore. All those things have been round for plenty long enough (longer in some cases than the mass market car) yet they’ve solved very little and given up ground to the car.

Brilliant as bikes etc are, the problem is what people want, and they want personal space that’s warm and dry in the winter etc. what they want is cars and the solution will be more cars that are better/good because that’s where you’ll get uptake and unlike human nature cars are fixable in our life time.

white101

I do enjoy Jonny Smiths reviews, it’s a good show he has.

Smaller EV vehicles are what most people should have rather than the path we are currently on. My neighbour’s daughter has just got a Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 for driving 1 mile to work. Her previous car (for some reason still parked outside my house) a focus 1l. Why?

The Ami might not be the car that we all need, but if Citroens model is for short distance needs and hourly rental then there are people it will suit especially in cities.

martymac

It’s like a g wizz, but it actually works.
    I agree, ‘we don’t need more cars’
    But this type of vehicle is actually replacing cars. Even better, it’s replacing cars at their least efficient point of use.
    Would be no use for me, but i virtually never do any town driving.
    Light weight should be the future imo.

sas78

Love it.

Edukator
    Free Member

Both ways there’s a 15% hill for at least a mile. It would never do it

Of course it will. Electric vehicles have max torque at zero revs and go up steep hills fine, just slowly. About 30kmh at 8% and 20kmh at 14% for the Ami apparently.

lucien

Want of the day…..

matt_outandabout

Both ways there’s a 15% hill for at least a mile. It would never do it

Of course it will. Full torque from the outset and weighs naff all.

As Johnny puts it, this is the ethos of the 2CV reborn.

It’s not for everyone. But neither is cycling and walking. And some will still need a generic German 2.0d saloon. But for every one who walks, cycles, scooters, bus, train or Ami’s, there’s one less car.

dovebiker

If the UK price is correct, it’s the same price as many cargo e-bikes – I was looking at buying one of those, but given I live in Scotland, for doing deliveries / trips to the post office this would be ideal.

(edit) to add, I’ve had 4 Citroen’s over the years including a 2CV and a 1939 Traction Avant..

the00
    Free Member

Was hovering over the buy button a couple of months ago (in Italy). They look great.
    Only thing that stopped me was seeing that a second hand VW e-UP is a similar price, but it bigger with more range. In our rural location that might be handy.

austen

Friends have a Twizy as a local (rural) runaround and I think it’s excellent.  Bought cheap as needed some electrical work doing but seems perfect for nipping to the shops and running children around.  Apparently great fun too.

My journeys are either very short, or to long for something similar.  Hmmm, need to move the office…

mariner
    Free Member

Works for me.

w00dster

28mph max speed makes it a no for me.
    Milton Keynes is my local town, less than 30mph on the roads around here would be suicidal.
    A max speed of 40 would make it feel more useful.

CountZero

the problem is what people want, and they want personal space that’s warm and dry in the winter etc.

Precisely. When I worked locally, I walked or cycled to work, but that was about a mile away. Now, I work nearly sixteen miles away, to cycle that’s about one and a half hours, more likely two, at least, which would mean me having to leave home at 5.00am-ish for an early shift, and get up somewhere around 3-3.30am. On late shifts I’d be getting home at around 9.00-9.30 at night. Bugger that at my age!
    Oh, and catching a bus, that takes at least two hours, and would involve changing part way and a twenty minute walk at each end on top.
    It’s around twenty to twenty-five minutes by car…

cookeaa

Did he say leasing is €50 a month for 48 months? That’s 600 a year. I’m sure by the time the UK catches on its going to be more like £50_60 PCM, but that’s still relatively cheap.

That actually sounds like a good deal, assuming the mileage allowance isn’t too low. But if you’re only going to be trundling locally and happen to have a garage with a plug socket (which we do)…

I don’t want a leccy SUV or a tesla, I wouldn’t mind a small leccy hatch, but they still cost a shit load and an ‘ami’ actually seems to be a relatively efficient option for most of the same jobs, both upfront cost and resources wise (granted bikes/walking/busses are a thousand times more efficient).

I’ve registered my interest like a mug…

halifaxpete

Its the most Citroen Citroen for a long time. I love it! Can see it doing really well as a holiday rental. Loved Johnny getting the drop on the Range Rover 😀

paton
    Free Member

estate …. very, very French

RustyNissanPrairie

Perfect for Mrs RNP who only works a mile away but post long Covid struggles walking it nowadays.
    The only problem I see is the local **** would tip it over/turn it round/move it when it’s parked up.

joshvegas
    Free Member

You’d struggle to achieve a murder death kill with one of those badboys.

squirrelking
    Free Member

https://www.citroen.co.uk/about-citroen/concept-cars/citroen-ami-one-concept

What a great looking little car!

null

Yup that is. But that’s not what made production.

This is.

null

It’s like a bad impression made of blutac.

nickc

they want personal space that’s warm and dry in the winter etc. what they want is cars

Totally agree, which is why we need stuff like this, perfect for the one person commute that 99% of cars are used for twice a day. Remove the vast majority of the pollution and make them safer for the folk not in them.

pocpoc
    Free Member

Would love to have a go in one and see what it’s like. Looks fun.
    However, would be no use to us living in a small market town as many journeys are out of town in to NSL roads. 50mph max would be good but then it’d be classed as a car and not a quadricycle so then has to meet a lot more regulations making it heavier and more expensive and then not the same thing as it is now.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I like the concept and if I didn’t have a NSL road between me and the village I’d be alot more sold on it. Once at the village it’s 30mph the rest of the way into the city.

That would just be a mobile chicane on the NSL road mean while it’s the size of a car and looks like a car so people expect a car and to be doing car speeds.

In that respect the safety of it in a.rear impact concerns me.

The twizzy can at least do 50. I’d be ok with that – that’s keeping up with traffic.

All that said I won’t knock the concept it looks ideal if your in the city /suburbs already it’s just that NSL road that kills it for me.

larrydavid
    Free Member

I think it looks great and will be a good thing for urban environments.

Wouldn’t work for me as I almost never drive locally (live in a medium sized town but only drive longer distances).

I read a review and it send the door needs to be open to charge it though – and charged from a normal domestic 3 pin plug. How would this work for outdoor charging? Especially in urban environments where people are less likely to have their own garage with socket?

oldtennisshoes

The cheapest Renault Zoe battery rental in the uk is £49 per month.
    I’ll definitely be in the queue for one.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.