Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Citizen eco-drive watches?
  • Big-Dave
    Free Member

I’ve had an Ecodrive for 14 years and it has never missed a beat or stopped working from the moment it was first charged. I’ve managed to get through a few leather straps over the years though. Should it ever die I wouldn’t hesitate to get another.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

My Mrs has one, bought it for her maybe 5-6 years ago. I’m always amazed it’s still working considering how many times I’ve found it either face down or seen it wacked off door frames/furniture etc, her spacial awareness is severely lacking! Still looks brand new and I’ve never seen her adjust it either so must be pretty damn accurate, date is always wrong though….

petrieboy

I’ve had an ecodrive for about 10 years now. Never had any problems. Never needed to take any special measures to keep it charged. Great watch.

hs125
    Free Member

Mine is eleven years old now, and has worked perfectly since new. Having a metal strap, it has never had anything done to it, and never been to a shop. Never having to change a battery means that you never have to consider the waterproof seal not resealing.
    Mine has small LCD panels with the date. When in the dark for too long these go blank, but are all back to normal within about a second when exposed to the light again. If left in a dark wardrobe for weeks, the whole face shuts down, but once exposed to the light again, the hands spin round and reset themselves within a couple of seconds.
    I would recommend.

jimw
    Free Member

I have had one for 12 years. It is as accurate as the day I was given it, never needed a forced recharge- just leaving it face up if not on the wrist has been fine. I use the alarm every workday. Highly recommended as a brand, can’t comment on the particular one you have

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I have a stiletto dress watch only about 3 mm thick and looks great in my opinion. Not missed a beat so far after 3 years.

martymac

had one for a few years, it didnt keep accurate time, sometimes it was correct, other times it would be 2 mins fast, as though the minute hand was loose.
    sent it back under warranty, no fault found, but it was still doing it.
    in all other areas though, it was fine, held its condition well, and never went flat.
    mine was the cheapest one in the range, and ive never heard of anyone else having a problem with them.
    i now use a casio solar powered model, it has been better for me.

khani
    Free Member

Had a ti one for eight years, never take it off including in the shower and on the bike, and it’s still perfect..

B_Leach
    Free Member

Aye I got one for my 21st 4 years ago. Worn it constantly, bashed it around. It’s never missed a beat. Lovely every day wear watches.

Greybeard
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for around 20 years, still absolutely fine. It stays charged with no problem provided I’m wearing it, if I take it off for a couple of weeks (it’s my ‘good’ watch so doesn’t go with me on trips to the Alps, etc) I need to remember to leave it near a window.

johndoh
    Free Member

Had mine a couple of years – amazing discounted price from Argos – £250 down to £70 I think.

Only niggle is the date number is a bit wee – my failing close eyesight means I struggle to read it.

Pieface

Had one about 10 years. Its only lost charge once after leaving it in a drawer for a year or so. Started ticking again in hardly any time. Very impressive. Also well built / tough. Granted it was £100 for a basic watch (albeit titanium) but its very good VFM and looks ok.

cp

Mine is great, just keeps going, and after leaving un worn under the bed for a few months last year, still had perfect time.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

They are great but just be aware that the ones classed as ‘sports’ watches (the one linked in the OP falls into this category) have only mineral glass which marks and scratches considerably more easily than sapphire glass.

I love mine but the face looks a bit the worse for wear and it’s only 3 years old. If I was buying again I’d definitely make sure I got one with sapphire glass.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I had one for …I guess about a decade. worked well until it developed a fault where it couldn’t display the last date of any month with less than 30 days correctly…it knew it was the last day of the month but felt the need to show the 31st….it also knew this was wrong as it knew that (if it wer June for example) that June doesn’t have a 31st…so it would go 29 June, 31 July, 1 July. Other than that quirk it is still going, but I’ve upgraded to a ….more serious watch.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Got one of their eco drive dive watches with a depth meter on it.

Never missed a beat, never run out of charge, it’s had a hard life, many many dives, i’m on the 2nd strap, the crown has been replaced twice and the glass once.

I’d buy another one but can’t see that being any time soon as it just keeps on going.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Got one two years ago for Christmas. Other than diving (although, in theory, it would be water proof at that depth), I never take it off and it’s great. The time’s perfect, the sapphire crystal doesn’t have a mark on it and the ti strap’s comfortable and no signs of wear. The glow-in-the-dark hands are the first I’ve ever seen that actually work for a good 10 hours in the dark.

Very happy my wife spent more than the 20 pounds we agreed. She’s getting a new iPad this year, despite the 20 pound agreement!

mikertroid
    Free Member

Had mine for 14 years. Faultless.

twoniner
    Free Member
    turbo1397
    Free Member

Well thats a pretty resounding vote of confidence.. think i’ll definately go for one. @makecoldplayhistory.. quite like the look of the
    at one!

johndoh
    Free Member

This one is down to £99 in Argos too…

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9152557.htm

clubber
    Free Member

The face on mine cracked/chipped twice which is a real shame as I really liked it otherwise. Though it was maybe a bit heavy.

Can anyone suggest somewhere I can post it to to get the glass replaced at a reasonable price?

(FWIW, I replaced it with this which I do prefer)

duffmiver
    Free Member

i had one. after a couple of years it started getting condesnation on the inside. i sent it back a couple of times and they fixed it. then the windy uppy thing fell out. i gave up after that.

i think i was unlucky.

kbomb
    Free Member

15 years and still going strong. It got left in a drawer for a couple of years after getting a Fossil, which didn’t last so long at all. An hour on the windowsill get the eco-drive going again, it still looks great too.

twoniner
    Free Member

This one is nice in the flesh.

http://www.citizenwatch.com/en-uk/watches/watch-detail/?model=CA0467-38E#filters=0467-38E

This thread has had me looking at Eco Drive watches. Maybe an early xmas pressie to myself 8)

Cougar

I got one, oh, five years ago? It was a bit of an impulse buy, it was “half price” at Center Parcs when I was there for my birthday (and shockingly turned out after the event actually to be half price).

I have fairly exacting requirements for a watch, not least being that I’ve got the wrists of a small girl and most “mens” watches on me look a bit like Dom Joly’s phone. Finding a manwatch that doesn’t look a) like a girlwatch or b) daft is tricky.

Can’t fault it really. After the time I’ve had it the strap was knackered and I’d dragged it across a wall hard enough to defeat the glass so I pitched it back to Citizen for a service and replacement of parts; wasn’t cheap but I figured it was worth investing in.

garage-dweller

I have a lovely thin one my wife got me for our wedding five years ago. never missed a beat. My perfect watch – discreet,light, no batteries and nothing but a pplain clock face dial

UncleFred
    Free Member

The face on mine cracked/chipped twice which is a real shame as I really liked it otherwise. Though it was maybe a bit heavy.

Can anyone suggest somewhere I can post it to to get the glass replaced at a reasonable price?

(FWIW, I replaced it with this which I do prefer)

These guys replaced the crown, glass and serviced mine for £80, took them over a month and their communication was rubbish but they did a good job.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I have two. Love them

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Citizen eco-drive watches?’ is closed to new replies.