Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Circlip size for RS Tora lockout lever?
  • robnorthcott
    Free Member

Anybody know the size of circlip that holds the lockout lever on RockShox Toras? None of the ones I’ve got lying around fit – looks to be something like 6 ot 7mm I’d guess (an 8mm one is too big – that’s the nearest I found).

Thanks

cakefacesmallblock

Give me a few mins, just got some stuff to do for work and I’ll go and measure mine. Beware the plastic knob though it as brittle as a brittle thing, I think it’s made from crapite. Mine broke just in normal use and needs replacing.

robnorthcott
    Free Member

Thanks. I don’t have a problem with my knob (!) but the circlip broke into lots of pieces when I went to refit it after servicing the fork. I think the new knobs come with a circlip, but as I just need the clip I was trying to find one on its own.

cakefacesmallblock

Inside dia of the clip from mine measures 9.6mm on the micrometer. Guessing then, it’s 9mm or 10mm ?

2008 302 solo air, BTW but I doubt that will matter.

robnorthcott
    Free Member

That can’t be the same as mine – 8mm circlip is too big. It’s a coil-sprung Tora (SL?), on a 2009 Kona if that helps identify the model.

Thanks anyway.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

just checked a set and I get around 9mm

sorry

robnorthcott
    Free Member

That’s odd – perhaps my “8mm” circlip isn’t what I think it is… I’ll check it again this evening. Thanks folks.

robnorthcott
    Free Member

OK, my wife’s found a 10mm clip at work, so we’ll try that tonight. I suspect the one I thought was 8mm was not actually 8mm (I didn’t measure it myself).

Cheezpleez

It’s definitely a 10mm on my Revelations if that’s any help. You can get a packet of 10 off ebay for next to nothing

robnorthcott
    Free Member

Yup, I can confirm the 10mm fits fine :). I must re-label my bag of “8mm” clips (seems like they’re 12mm!)

A “quite interesting” fact I didn’t know before (my wife’s an engineering type): The size of circlips is aparently not the internal diameter of the clip. It’s the size of the bar the clip will fit into a groove on (so a 10mm circlip fits a groove cut into a 10mm bar, so has an internal diameter of 9-and-a-bit mm)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Circlip size for RS Tora lockout lever?’ is closed to new replies.