Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Circlip plier recommendation
  • ninenailspete
    Free Member

I’ve lost the pin out of my super cheap circlip pliers, and I’m just trying to find a decent set that’s fairly affordable, mainly for bike work. Forks and seatposts, mainly, so big tips won’t work.

Any recommendations?

dhrider
    Free Member

I’ve the 0.9mm & 1.7mm lifeline ones then a set of 1.3mm Knipex ones.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I like my knipex ones. Go for something with a decent large diameter pivot. Avoid the cheap flimsy 9nes and especially ones with multiple heads. If you need internal and external, straight and 90°, buy 4 sets.

bikerevivesheffield

Knipex every time

prettygreenparrot

Definitely not Park. Useless.

honourablegeorge

Knipex +1, I had one of those ones with multiple heads, utterly useless, hateful thing, using it was just a struggle and it rarely did the job. Knipex below will take the circlip out of my fork first time every time.

woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

Knipex for lifetime use. My teng tools set for quite a bit cheaper and also seem to be very good.
    Avoid cheap ones as it’s not worth the swearing trying to find the circlip the other side of the shop!

kneed

I have knipex and clarke pro’s. Both are SO much better than the cheapies I started out with. I hope to meet the person who is responsible for cheap circlip pliers someday.

Speshpaul

i got these a while back because i needed them “tomorrow”, and ive been impressed, for £11.

jeffl

Got one of those cheap ones with interchangeable heads from screwfix. Needed it to change the air shaft in my fork. Worked absolutely fine, didn’t see much point in paying more.

Also works with inner and outer circlips, which is handy.

martinhutch

Similar to speshpaul’s. Do the job just fine. Interchangeable head ones were bloody awful.

toomba
    Free Member

Following
    Any of the recommended ones reach the circlip inside a guide R lever?

susepic

Got some of these Rolson mini circlip pliers cos the pins are tiny enough to go in smaller holes on circlips:
    https://www.rolsontools.com/products/trade/engineering/4pc-mini-circlip-pliers/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Circlip plier recommendation’ is closed to new replies.