Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 141 total)
  • Cinelli Mash Parallax Frameset £0.01
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Odds of it actually arriving are what? slim to none, especially if people are ordering 30 of them?

I’d say it’s highly unlikely my order will go through but as I said I’m not bothered either way.

What are you planning on doing with them, starting a track team?

Punting on eBay at £500 each. But I’m pretty sure the ‘ordered 30’ post was a joke, no one would be that daft.

bigdaddy

Ooh, someone’s bought them all, not available anymore!

P-Jay
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Odds of it actually arriving are what? slim to none, especially if people are ordering 30 of them? What are you planning on doing with them, starting a track team?

On one track hubs, open sport rims, probably get some finishing kit from on-one too just to get a matching set as I’d need new track bars anyway.

It’s that or drum brake and dynamo front hub and coaster brake rear for the most utilitarian race bike commuter mash up ever!

I’d be frankly amazed if it actually turns up, but they’ve got form for being a bit silly – I bought a Mobi Bike wash for £10 from them once, well that sort of thing, whatever they were called a few years ago, kept it for a year, sold it for £40.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I think I must’ve go the last one (just!)

Phew!

Sweet looking thing. I’m sure I can turn into a weird commuter bike object – if it actually arrives.

2orangey4crows

Phew just got in there before it disappeared. Collecting it on monday…

Gotama
    Free Member

Or Halfords have noticed and the quickest way to stop more carnage is to zero stock levels.

I am braced for a tinge of disappointment.

dovebiker

If someone successfully receives a small frameset I’ll offer to double their profits a take it off them for a tenner! I have a full track bike set-up sans frame in my workshop, sort of N+1/2?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Collecting it on monday…

Bet you’re not 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member

Punting on eBay at £500 each. But I’m pretty sure the ‘ordered 30’ post was a joke, no one would be that daft.

Yeah, who’s gonna risk 30p on something as serious as this ha ha.

Well, my £5 payment was taken from PP, but now there’s a note to say “needs approval” I suspect that won’t be forthcoming

scratch
    Free Member

Took a punt on a click and collect, I ride a single braked fixed to work on back, I’ll not be stripping the old frame for parts just yet….

2orangey4crows

Gary_M – yeah, I bet I’m not collecting it on monday either.

Still, I’m going to find a shiny 1 pence piece from down the back of the safe just in case. Though, I’ll probably hold off ordering a bunch of single speed parts for the time being.

cokie

Well, my payments been taken from paypal..

chubstr
    Free Member

Took a chance on delivery, why the hell not, I’d be kicking myself if you lot all get frames for a penny

nickthegreek
    Free Member

Fantastic. Just ordered £4k worth of wheels and finishing kit for my 5 frames.

I hope halfords doesn’t let me down.

chubstr
    Free Member

Website is now showing the frame as “Sorry, this product is not available at the moment”

P-Jay
    Free Member

chubstr – Member

Website is now showing the frame as “Sorry, this product is not available at the moment”

Well they’ve sold out haven’t they 😉

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Arse missed it

If anyone managed to get one in medium and wants to double their money then i’d be interested 😀

finbar
    Free Member

😆 Keep dreaming everyone

Gary_M
    Free Member

Keep dreaming everyone

I think most people are realistic about this and know that’s it’s about 0.001% likely to happen, but if you’re not in it you can’t win it.

tpbiker
    Free Member

there need to be a sticky on here for the resulting bike builds. I can see some monstosities appearing if these frames ever turn up…

And its a big ‘if’…..

tpbiker
    Free Member

just had a ‘your product has been dispatched’ e.mail….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

just had a ‘your product has been dispatched’ e.mail….

I’ve not 🙁 (yet, still clinging to hope 😛 )

Was that to collect in store?

I did consider doing a search to see if there were any on display in stores nearby and trying to get to the shop before all the orders get canceled :-p

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

IF… mine turns up – I plan on getting handy with the drill (to make some brake caliper mounting points) and to fit one of these (pictured below) to attach a rear mech. Then I’ll turn it into some sort of flat-barred commuting monstrosity. Or maybe somehow bastardise it into being a tourer.. 😛

Gary_M
    Free Member

Was that to collect in store?

I wouldn’t think so, when you collect in store from halfords the store call you to say your order is ready for collection.

tpbiker
    Free Member

ah bollocks…the dispatch was for some wiper blades bought last week…

vintagewino
    Free Member

ah bollocks…the dispatch was for some wiper blades bought last week…

this is going to be an emotional rollercoaster for all of us.

7600e
    Free Member

I ordered a couple to store and a couple delivered. If it arrives then I’m going to try with a drill. I have 4 so I can have a few goes.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

IF… mine turns up – I plan on getting handy with the drill (to make some brake caliper mounting points) and to fit one of these (pictured below) to attach a rear mech. Then I’ll turn it into some sort of flat-barred commuting monstrosity. Or maybe somehow bastardise it into being a tourer..

120mm rear hub, so the only option would be a (really) old 126mm hub, and take some spacers off it if possible to get it to fit. And you’d still only have a screw on freewheel, probably 5 speed to fit?

Some pics online show a fork with a brake mount but not drilled, so there’s potential to drill the fork maybe.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Even I’m biting my bottom lip for you all..

Fingers crossed, and legs, possibly ears, could do hair considering it’s a bit long ATM.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Had a dispatch email, top PSA OP

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Frantically hitting F5 on my e-mail hoping not too many orders for 30, 4, 5, whatever were made before by greedy people ruining it for everyone*

*love you really.

wwaswas

wishing I’d gone for delivery…

the thought of turning up at a store with a penny is not a comfortable one.

P-Jay
    Free Member

dirtyrider – Member

Pics or it didn’t happen 😉

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Oh yes… track frame chainline. Forgot about that.. 😳

Did someone say ‘screw on five speed freewheel’! Oooooooohhhhh 😛

This could be fun.

Do 8 speed shimano STIs work with a five-speed wheel?

Hmmm… :-/

cubicboy
    Free Member

This spread like wildfire amongst my club and associated friends… there must have been over 150 frames bought at a value of over £70k… I just can’t see this happening 🙁

wwaswas

Pics or it didn’t happen

and this 🙂

jonxmack
    Free Member

From their Terms & Conditions page

3.6. In the event that there are any errors regarding price or description, we reserve the right to correct that price or description and notify you accordingly. In these circumstances, it will be deemed that a contract has not been entered into and you will not be bound to continue with your purchase. We will cancel your Order and your credit/debit card or your Paypal account will be refunded in full. The repayment of such monies paid to us will be the extent of our liability to you in the event of these errors.

Didn’t stop me from ordering one though

oldejeans
    Free Member

I’ve received had a text to say they were sending it to my local (named) store

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Looks like this isn’t gonna happen social media has killed it lol I ordered one first thing next day and I’m just waiting for the cancellation email now.

rOcKeTdOg

bought in store for 1p 8) that’s joy of living 20 mins from Halfords HQ

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Cinelli Mash Parallax Frameset £0.01’ is closed to new replies.