Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Chutney Recipes?
  • cardiff
    Free Member

Thinking of making Chutney to go with peoples Christmas presents this year. Anyone got any particularly good recipes that I can steal, especially if they are quite simple as I don’t want to poison everyone!!

Cheers!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Google is your friend here – although I haven’t managed to find the recipe for the Lyme Bay Winery’s Tomato with Jack Rat Cider yet…..

cardiff
    Free Member

Yeah I know, there’s thousands on there, jsut wondered if people had tried any that were particularly good, otherwise I will just resort to ones that sound nice on the internet!

Lyme Bay Winery’s Tomato with Jack Rat Cider yet

This sounds very tasty! Will let you know if I track it down!

Cheers

AdamW
    Free Member

Nigella’s apple and cranberry chutney is fab. Let me know if you want the recipe. I make it this time every year.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Here ya go – HERE

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Jamie Oliver’s Chilli Chutney my mate made some last christmas is ACE with cheese

cardiff
    Free Member

Brilliant cheers guys, will look Nigella and Jamie’s up on line! Going to make a few so want to try to make maybe three totally different ones!
    Hammyuk, that may be working its way in to my fridge very soon!

organic355
    Free Member

I made an ace rhubarb one a few years ago but cant remember where the recipe is from. also good with cheese.

bagpuss72
    Free Member
    ahwiles
    Free Member

Chutney:

basically anything you like* + loads of white vinegar + loads of sugar

(*tomatoes are good, so’re limes, chillies, apples, combinations of stuff, etc.)

boil it for a bit, transfer it into a very clean jam jar, leave to cool, job.done.

i made a date and lime chutney that was fantastic with sausages.

nomnomnomnom…

🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

I picked up a jar of Ostlers Mixed Fruit Chutney (made with mother for health) thats quite nice.

Kuco

That Jamie’s one sounds nice.

Chutneys

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

Hi Cardiff

If you’re after some recipes, I can highly recommend the “Jams, Preserves and Chutneys Handbook” by Marguerite Patten (a legend in the cooking world, still alive at nearly 100), available on Amazon at only £5.54!

I make a lot of Apple chutneys (spicy apple & tomato is my favourite), recipes are basically as described by ahwiles above.

I’m also making a batch of Lime Pickle following this recipe

http://limepickle.com/chutneys-pickles/lime-pickle-recipe.html

It takes a few weeks, but is tasting great already

Good luck!

cardiff
    Free Member

Awesome, that may very well be the way forward and a bargin at £5.54!

Albanach
    Free Member

I’ve made all these and they are all pretty damn good!

spiced apple chutney

apple, ginger and date chutney

apple and raisin chutney

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Chutney Recipes?’ is closed to new replies.