Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Chunky monkey roadies
  • greeny30
    Free Member

I’ve seen enough over-stretched lycra today to last me a lifetime, those skinny rims are being put to the test, where are all these tubsters coming from, I’m on the road more cos the local trails are overrun, not by mountainbikers, but joggers and dog walkers, towns are empty but the woods are full of people who have probably never been there before.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

Like Ebikers, 80% muffin tops

theotherjonv

well I’m out because keeping active for an hour a day while being locked in my house for 23 staves off depression and suicidal thoughts. Apologies if my overstretched lycra offends.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

Its probably muscle dont worry.

As long as your out staying healthy who cares

robo89
    Free Member

Haha, I’ve seen a few today, from behind it looks like a beach ball balancing on a cocktail stick. More people in my woods too, I’m sick of braking.

supernova

After all this is over the remaining population will be fighting fit, if unemployed!

greeny30
    Free Member

Shame it takes a pandemic to make some people exercise 😊

MoreCashThanDash

Sorry if we offend you. Now **** off.

https://fatladattheback.com/

joat

Great Post! Any more insights?

ElShalimo

OP – it’s called relaxed geometry. I’m very relaxed

ransos
    Free Member

Mtbers criticising roadies for being fat? My irony meter just exploded.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Yeah, let’s fat shame people who are out trying to get active…

matt_outandabout

I resemble the OP’s comment.

You should ask be thankful I don’t own lycra unless it’s an undershort.

wheelsonfire1

Let’s try being more kind to each other. Fat shaming, style shaming, equipment shaming…… racism, sexism, misogyny, homophobia… probably not far behind?
    Be KIND!

pondo

Just because of this post, I’m going to go for a ride tomorrow morning as fatly as I can. 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Here… 2st heavier than when I was last riding road regularly, and my lycra is VERY tight! Sorry if it offends you… 🤷🏻‍♂️

ElShalimo

@greeny30 – you should post a picture of yourself looking buff in your lycra. Then we can be as judgemental as you and offer some good tips on how to improve. I’ll guarantee the first two are humility and empathy

Or are you just trolling?

submarined
    Free Member

Let’s try being more kind to each other.

Just this.

continuity
    Free Member

Equipment and style shaming is completely acceptable. I don’t care if you’re fat – you’ve chosen a good sport to help you get healthy.

But if you’re wearing ankle socks or a **** sleeveless jersey.

boombang
    Free Member

Still can’t work out if this is a positive message celebrating people exercising more or someone having a petty moan?

bsims
    Free Member

Let’s try being more kind to each other.

Definitely this, the roadies however are looking as miserable as ever. Yesterday Mini asked why do they go for ride if they don’t like it. 😁

pondo

Just because of this post, I’m going to go for a ride tomorrow morning as fatly as I can. 🙂

My word, was I fat in lycra this morning!!! Thanks for the inspiration, OP. 🙂

tetrode
    Free Member

Perhaps body shaming someone who is actively trying to improve themselves isn’t the right way to go about things. Nice one OP.

ian-r

Look on the bright side as I wobble along with the Olympian speed you go at you’ll soon be past and I will just bimble along enjoying being out in the fresh air😉

joepud
    Free Member

I think more to the point no matter who you are no one needs to wear lycra. Even on my road bike im on baggies.

Blackflag
    Free Member

5″11 @ 13st6lbs. So deffo a bit too chubby for tight lycra. Do i give a f***? Not a bit of it. I used to ride my MTB mostly at weekends and have always enjoyed a beer and pizza and my body shape reflects that. Not too bad but certainly not good enough for lycra. But now on the road avoiding the gnar till all this blows over and enjoying it. Don’t give a monkeys what anyone else thinks.

tetrode
    Free Member

Yeah Lycra is great on the road. Wearing baggies is fine too if that’s what you want, who cares what others wear. If you feel uncomfortable with what someone else has on, the problem’s with you I’m afraid.

brads
    Free Member

It’s brilliant. I love to see people cycling and if they look like they are putting at least a little effort into getting fitter then I applaud them.

I never ridicule them for wearing cycling kit either.

Get over yersell.

DezB
    Free Member

So many bleeding hearts. It’s as beautiful as the current weather.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. H G Wells

We all come in different shapes and sizes. Why not rejoice in the differences. The world would be a boring place if we were all perfect.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I was out in a pair of medium bibs yesterday when I normally wear large, not sure if that’s a humble brag about the diet or offensive to the OP.

robo89
    Free Member

I think I know the types he is referring to, overweight n overpaid with fancy job titles splashing out on all the gear and shiny new bike that will be cast aside and collecting dust in the garage once the pandemic is over, not real cyclists imo, do the touchy people on here not have friends who constantly take the piss out of each other, calling harmless banter trolling is an insult to people who’ve suffered real online abuse.
    Look on the bright side, when it’s all over there will probably be plenty more almost new bikes on Ebay.

Superficial
    Free Member

I was out on my MTB and I rode past an asian (Indian?) married-looking couple on road bikes. They waved and said hi. Pretty sure they were new to riding but they were clearly enjoying it and I saw them out again the next day as well.

I dunno why, but it made me really cheerful.

For the record they weren’t fat. I’m just being cheerful about new people finding a love for cycling.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

calling harmless banter trolling is an insult to people who’ve suffered real online abuse.

Depends which side you’re on, calling abuse “harmless banter” can have unpleasant consequences

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicides_that_have_been_attributed_to_bullying

not real cyclists imo

You know the quote “I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.” by Groucho Marx?

Please don’t consider me a cyclist. I’m too busy having fun on a bike to GAS.

I’m just being cheerful about new people finding a love for cycling.

+1

submarined
    Free Member

What’s a ‘real cyclist’? Is that one who uses the term ‘pain cave’? Or just some elitist who believes that ‘real cyclists’ are infallible, so anyone doing anything wrong on a bike, or not fitting in with the group they identify with is not a ‘real cyclist’, thus giving them a get-out?

Some real twatty bollocks being espoused on this thread.

Anyone on a bike is a cyclist, and it’s great to see so many people hopefully finding a new love for being one.

Mister-P
    Free Member

25 replies before someone tells us they wear baggies on their road bike? Blimey standards are slipping around here.

I’m enjoying seeing people out on bikes. I no longer feel like weirdo, cycling is becoming normal. It might make a few more folk think about cycle commuters bit more when they go back to driving to work in a few weeks.

Northwind

It’s great isn’t it? Wonder if it’ll stick. Like a lot of people I got into riding just for fitness but fell in love with it

MoreCashThanDash

I think I know the types he is referring to, overweight n overpaid with fancy job titles splashing out on all the gear and shiny new bike that will be cast aside and collecting dust in the garage once the pandemic is over, not real cyclists imo,

You might not think I’m a real cyclist. I’d better not tell you what I think you come across as, but the use of the “banter” defence pretty much confirms it

cookeaa

Thing is OP, and anyone else who likes to take the piss out of strangers with a higher BMI, Those people you observed can always lose some weight, but you’ll still be a nasty bastard.

robo89
    Free Member

Jesus christ some people are determined to find offence, usually snarky pedants replacing their sense of humour with malice, ironically. Twatty bollocks, how rude, I’m so offended submarined.😀
    As for new people discovering the Joy’s of biking, earlier today a family of four decided to stop and sprawl their bikes across the trail and have a break in the shade at the bottom of a downhill rooty section, lucky I was taking it easy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.