Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Christmas Whisky bargains.
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Just having a drop of the Asda Islay that I was given for Xmas.

It’s really nice and quite interesting for a supermarket brand single malt. Better than the Aldi and Lidl ones I think.

Would recommend.

bob_summers

That Laphroaig comes in under 30eur here too. Laga 16 in the local supermarket can be had for 35eur if you’re buying well before winter, though I picked up the 8yo one recently and I might prefer it. Not much choice there but they do turn up quite cheap.
    Never really tried much other than Islays so for balance I got a Cardhu Gold Reserve for 20eur but I’m not overly convinced.

allyharp

Laga 16 in the local supermarket can be had for 35eur

That is cheap. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it for less than £45 here. Where are you?

Scapegoat

Haig Club is an abomination on the name of good Scotch whisky.

But……but…….Beckham drinks it!

One of my son’s friends gave me a litre of the stuff in exchange for a shooting lesson. I’m afraid it became the base of a sloe whisky recipe.

Scapegoat

Just having a drop of the Asda Islay that I was given for Xmas.

It’s really nice and quite interesting for a supermarket brand single malt. Better than the Aldi and Lidl ones I think.

Would recommend.

Oooh, I saw that and nearly bought a bottle, but went back to the Glen Marnoch (Aldi) just in case. I’ll give it a go if you think it compares favourably. I reckon they all give some of the bigger boys a run for their money.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes it’s got a bit more depth of flavour.

Reminds me of bowmore, but maybe just because I’ve been drinking that recently too.

CountZero

But……but…….Beckham drinks it!

One of my son’s friends gave me a litre of the stuff in exchange for a shooting lesson. I’m afraid it became the base of a sloe whisky recipe.

Best use for it!

CountZero

I bought a bottle of Penderyn, a bottle of Monkey Shoulder, a bottle of Talisker, and one other which I can’t recall at the moment ‘cos they’re stashed away at home and I’m in Salisbury.
    I was given a small bottle of Jim Beam by my g/f’s daughters, which is much appreciated.
    Haven’t started any of them ‘cos I brought a bunch of bottles of Tempest Brewery’s finest with me, and I’ve been working my way through them, as they were a present from my best mate. Finished up with the Double Denim Virgin Oak aged barley wine. 12%ABV.
    I’m feeling nicely mellow right now… 😎

somafunk

Nowt wrong with Haigs club for the low price it costs, unless you’re a whisky snob.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Christmas Whisky bargains.’ is closed to new replies.