• This topic has 36 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Christmas present for the wife: inspire me!
  • tor5
    Free Member

What are you guys getting your (non cycling) wives? Handbags and jewellery all look the same to me and I’m likely to pick the wrong shape/size/material/brand if left to my own devices. Help me!

PrinceJohn

try love honey – NSFW but I’m sure you’ll find something.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My Missus mentioned a ‘chunky silver bracelet’ so I found one & ordered/got it. Then her daughter sent me a link for a different one that she’d said she liked.
    I give up & suggest you do the same. 😥

Drac

Here go Esselgruntfuttock.

Handbags and jewellery all look the same to me and I’m likely to pick the wrong shape/size/material/brand if left to my own devices

Pretty much that but for months leading up we walk past them and she has a look a them, I can tell which one she likes most. I then go back nearer Xmas and pick said present. Easy.

richmars

Slightly controversial, but you could ask her.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

try love honey

Perhaps, but….

I’m likely to pick the wrong shape/size/material/brand

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

try love honey – NSFW but I’m sure you’ll find something.

But don’t try Romance Attack 😯 that is just wrong

dti
    esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Thanks Drac, I could make one myself out of bits of new chain, but she’s a bit ‘girly’.
    Mind you, a mate of mine who’s an ex Royal Marine & a member of a particular ‘motorcycle club’ would probably wear that one!

project
    Free Member

Wife liked hoovering,i dont, so i bought her a hoover.

wife like ironing,i dont, so i bought her a iron,

she liked cooking,i dont so i bought her a microwave and i used it to warm up ready meals,

She would spend pounds at some ponsy hairdresser, so i bought her a hair dryer and heated curling tongs things.

Was she happy , NO, probably why we are divorced..

project
    Free Member

Top tip, buty some cheap tat jewelry from a high street jewelers and buy a high class named box off ebay put the two together and she will be happy, its not whats in the box but the name on the box.

grim168
    Free Member

Hitachi magic wand 😆

jekkyl

Can’t go wrong with a spa weekend away with a massage and a dinner in a posh restaurant.
    Try the mercure hotel website, can’t link it from the mobile site.

wilburt
    Free Member

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Ghds and overly expensive perfume

wilburt
    Free Member

I think stw and mumsnet should Get into bed, this years marketer kids would go into melt down.

ourmaninthenorth

the wife

You sound nice….

tthew

I think stw and mumsnet should Get into bed

sounds like an excellent idea. Can I get some pictures and choose, I’d not want to get stuck with a needy one.

dr_death
    Free Member

At least give us some clues…. Age, likes, budget.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A rabbit.

squiff
    Free Member

Got mine,

Blue tooth headphones
    Pandora charm
    Chocolates
    80s trivia quiz game
    Smellys

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

A new bag

Xylene
    Free Member

Why get her anything? Christmas is for th ekids.

Mrs Q will be getting nowt, other than coming on holiday to the beach for 10 days or so. Much like last few years where we went back to Thailand to see her folks, that was the present, no need to change it now we have relocated here.

If she is lucky we might have a post meal in a fish restaurant so I can spend the night gagging and she can eat stinking fish, I can feel myself wanting to boke now, so that might not happen.

Selled
    Free Member

Quirrel – Who said romance was dead!!

Perfume is always a winner. Vouchers for her favourite clothes shop.

weeksy

I bought mine an exercise bike/ cross-trainer..

Last year I bought her a Specialized Myka…

Not that I’m trying to say she needs to exercise more… no siree, not me.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Support girdle?

veruca sock?

new eye patch?

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC has got a half share of the new tumble dryer after the old one broke last week*, some hair heating contraption, and a DVD she liked the look of.

*I got the other half, plus three days home alone the week after Xmas when she takes the kids to her parents. It’s not much of a marriage but it works for us 😉

globalti
    Free Member

Buy her a classic John Smedley cashmere wool black roll-neck sweater. Mrs Gti says it’s one wardrobe item no woman should be without.

wrecker
    Free Member

Buy her a classic John Smedley cashmere wool black roll-neck sweater. Mrs Gti says it’s one wardrobe item no woman should be without.

This one?
    http://www.johnsmedley.com/uk/womens/specials/view-all/ss15-alasia-in-black
    Shit the bed.

BillMC

That is obscenely priced. Why do you always have to get ‘stuff’? Do vouchers along the lines of n breakfasts in bed, n time without the kids, day out voucher to a destination of your choice (I’m driving), etc. Events, food, booze and people are what make us happy not how much money has been laid out. Mrs BMC forgot that she’d bought me a v expensive pair of wellies last year, but she didn’t forget going down the market place on NYE with whisky to share with the assembled locals. Do more, get more. Buy more, get less.

weeksy

Costs more than the wardrobe did !

Mugboo

Chips.

Wrap up a potato, a bottle of crisp & dry & a deep fat fryer.
    Oh how we laughed…

In the past I have also bought her an ironing board

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, look they’ve got things for the kids too.
    http://www.johnsmedley.com/uk/womens/shop-by-collection/childrenswear

£100 for a bloody polo shirt! My new favourite posh wnaker’s shop.

scubashark
    Free Member

Enjoyment for both of you
    Secrets in lace http://www.secretsinlace.eu/catalog/seo_sitemap/category/

Or what Katie Did http://mobile.whatkatiedid.com/en_gb/

Or double the price for more tacky stuff and go AP

MoreCashThanDash

Smedleys have a factory shop, no idea if it is cheaper, but worth supporting one of Britains longest running factories.

dr_death
    Free Member

The factory shop is much cheaper (and about 5 miles from my folks house)….. And they have an event a couple of times a year to sell off the previous seasons stock, much much cheaper (they have an online outlet store as well, which has limited stock which changes week to week but is also cheaper).

(I love Smedley’s stuff, can you tell)

They also invented Long Johns, which is why they are called Long Johns (today’s dull fact)

nbt

My wife does some stuff that may tempt you

https://www.facebook.com/EmmyJaneDesign

or for those who don’t facebook

http://emmyjane-design.blogspot.co.uk/

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Christmas present for the wife: inspire me!’ is closed to new replies.