Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Christmas MTB Bingo
  • singletrackmag
    Free Member

Oh, we love them, but we also know kith and kin are going to buy us things we don’t want. How many items on our MTB Bingo card will you hit?

By singletrackmag

Get the full story on our front page at:

Christmas MTB Bingo

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

Woo

Morrison’s has some rather nice red wine which has a bicycle on the label. No one buys it for me so I have to buy it for myself.
    Merry Christmas to all and may the New Year bring you tail winds and reduced gravity.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Get a hobby and people immediately buy you presents based on that.
    I wouldn’t mind except they never buy me a new Stratocaster (or even a pack of strings), just a worthless novelty guitar gadget or a crap huge general book on guitars full of pictures, chord shapes and advice on using pitch pipes or a tuning fork to tune.
    YES, I’m looking at YOU Dorling Kindersley Limited. Big, fat and cheap books like the fat slags of publishing.

jam-bo

You missed badly made, 3 sizes too big cycling wear from the middle of Lidl.

Northwind

You think you’ve got it bad, my mate said he liked pigs, once, about 38 years ago. It’s been nonstop pigs ever since.

Luckily most people I know are also total nerds in their own nerdy subject so know how it’s done. Either observe carefully and pick a suitable target, get something totally unrelated, or just bloody ask.

belgianbob

I’ll probably avoid most/all of this, unless my brother gets me a novelty mug. Again.
    Everyone else knows to ask, and/or doesn’t think they’re absolutely hilarious.

I got a Park Tool work stand one year, which was a result.

bikesandboots

Alternatively, they ask what you want, you tell them them a specific model and where to get it, however they view all cycling gear of a particular type as mutually interchangeable, so they get you some random e.g. one size fits all cycling gloves costing as much as the preferred type. Same for workshop tools. Bless them.

halifaxpete

Seem to get a cheap multitool every-chuffin-year! That said they do come in handy. Got a selection of generic ‘cycling’ themed mugs from over the years too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.