Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Christmas food… what have you prepared?
  • santacoops
    Free Member

Done a christmas ham for the ham off with next door, gravadlax beetroot salmon… about to do black pudding and sausagemeat scotch eggs (any advice on recipe for those?)…

Turkey? Goose? Beef rib? Chicken?

Mulled wine?

Deep and crisp and even… deck the halls… ding a ling a ling a ding dong ding… santa clause the movie… virgin’s womb.

jam-bo

Does buying a toblerone and a chocolate orange count?

jimmy

Ox cheek slow braised for boxing day. Was gonna go in a pie but I think just with mash and cabarjè will do it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    santacoops
    Free Member

oh, some venison jerky thats been ready in the cupboard for a couple of weeks too. Don’t really like it though.

tish
    Free Member

Google Manchester Egg Recipe for the black pudding scotch eggs.

santacoops
    Free Member

Thanks tish

bikebouy
    Free Member

I bought Whiskey, lots and lots of Whiskey.

I also bought a keg of Pastures Old, Hampshires finest Ale from The Flower Pots, to take up to those tight Northerners in my family, 40 pints of delisheshness just waiting to be popped. It’ll have no head, to which they’ll recoil into thier grumbles and open a Bottle of Black Sheep (which is lovely) and pretend everything Northern is betterish.

I have also prepared a Beef Wellington with our Farms own Organic Beef, I need to fettle and stroke and complete, but it’s done, it’s well aged.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Just knocked up a quick lemon cheesecake.

teasel
    Free Member

Amarula cheesecake here – baked deepdish type. Literally cooling in the oven with the door ajar with me sat nearby hoping it doesn’t crack.

Boozy but bloody delicious and probably the only seasonal concession this year.

myti
    Free Member

Sour dough is resting in the fridge ready for baking in the morning and the ham is in a pot ready to be cooked tomorrow. Any good glaze recipes?

spw3

I just googles “caberjé” – the only time I have ever had Google return a single hit: Singletrack, obv. 😀

Drac

I’ve opened the booze.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Any good glaze recipes

I like this one from Nigella, used it the past few years

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/aromatic-spiced-ham-recipe.amp.html?client=safari

colournoise

So far…

Turkey butchered and split down.
    Turkey breast stuffed and rolled.
    Two gravys made (one poultry, one onion for the starter).
    Pigs in blankets done with homemade turkey sausage.
    Alloy wheels fitted to the new van.

Tomorrow morning before heading to the in-laws…

Turkey filling for pastillas to prepare.
    Roast parsnip puree to do.
    Mince pies to bake.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Bought some carrots, parsnips and onions, lemons and limes and cocktail cherries today. Had to go at 6:30am to avoid the congestion and there were still crazy ppl. I saw one shopping trolley piled as high as a 5’10” person’s shoulder! I know Christmas is about good cheer and giving etc but the couple looked as miserable as f***

Drac

Damn it need lemons and limes.

jekkyl

any suggestions for a slow cooker lamb joint? can set it going at 6.30am for eating at 2…
    I also have a turkey crown which I am cooking tomorrow for re-heating on sunday.
    Roast spuds with Rosemary. I intend to roast the carrots too, 5 mins in boiling water, 35 mins in the oven, mmm top notch, much better than boiled or steamed.

ninfan
    Free Member

pineapple and pepper veggie curry got slow cooked today, to get reheated on the day

Chicken and spinach curry gets slow cooked tomorrow

To be served with cranberry rice for a touch of seasonality 🙂

santacoops
    Free Member

myti – a glaze without mustard is the key… for me this year anyway… honey, thyme, big chunk butter, ground black pepper (20 screws for my mill)… but start it with cider vinegar. Get 100ml, small pan, reduce to a table spoon. honey, thyme, butter and pepper all whisked together. thats mine this year. 🙂

santacoops
    Free Member

jekkyl – what cut? shoulder or leg?

jekkyl

it’s a leg, any suggestions?

anagallis_arvensis

I BBQ’d a leg of lamb yesterday..my ovens broken 🙁

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Christmas food… what have you prepared?’ is closed to new replies.