Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Christmas Day games.
  • mattbee

Anyone else play games in Christmas Day?
    Bit of a tradition for us that everyone has to come up with a simple game we can play in the evening to while away some time between eating far too much.
    This year I thought I’d go for a variation on ‘Pin the tail on the donkey’.
    (Wanted to use Boris but the in-laws are staunch Tories so thought it might be a bit too close to the bone and anyway, this picture already existed!)

Mod: Nude Trump Pic removed. Funny though.

lunge

P and S.
    Pick a subject, it can be anything, and go round in a circle naming something in that genre that does not start with a P or an S. Sounds simple but, particularly with booze added, it’s harder than you think.
    Add a punishment for each failure as you see fit.

maccruiskeen

Spin the bottle?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alpin
    Free Member

My sister always wants to play board games. Not classic ones like trivial pursuit or monopoly that everyone knows, but some obscure new fangled ones that no-one understands the rules of that always ends in some dispute.

Dreading it already.

bikebouy
    Free Member

kayla1
    Free Member

Me and OH might bust Squabble out, maybe Downfall.

ossify

Charades.

sadexpunk

the ‘write a famous name on a post-it note and stick it to someone elses forehead’ game. then in clockwise direction they have to ask yes/no questions to guess who they are.

clue for anyone on here who might play this with me in the future (so thats no-one then), i always choose the yorkshire ripper or suffolk strangler. theyve always forgotten again by the next year….. 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

We have been playing the card game Newmarket a bit over the last few nights and the whole family (grandparents, our 10 yr olds and brother/sister in laws over from the Sates).

You just need two pack of cards and a some coins/tokens (can be played for real money too if you wish).

Scabby Queen is also great fun.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I’d have been playing “hiding in the pub” before Christmas dinner but they are only doing sit down meals between 1100 & 1500 so it’s “listening to the in laws” for me.

Olly
    Free Member

too many great “proper” games to waste time on crap ones.

See if you can get a copy of Masquerade

Very quick to pick up. a longer time to master.

i believe its a similar thing to Coup, but ive not played that.

Cougar

too many great “proper” games to waste time on crap ones.

This. There’s also plenty of ‘not crap’ party games that don’t have a billion rules to learn. For instance, https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/254640/just-one

maccruiskeen

Charades

Statistically the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades.

Vinte
    Free Member

Sardines

mrb123
    Free Member

Naked twister?

johndoh
    Free Member

^^^ I once played Twister at a house party being attended by several members of Whitley Bay Men’s Ice Hockey team. I hardly dared breathe for fear of my life at some points.

theotherjonv

The Name Game (other folk may have different names)

Everyone gets some paper slips and writes names on them. These can be anyone, celebrities, sport stars, teachers at your kids school, someone you were friends with in the 80’s, your mate’s fit mum, anything. As long as it’s a person (or animal or cartoon character…. it’s a fair choice)

All the names are shuffled / mixed in a hat, and then in teams of 3 or 4 usually you take 30-60s (keep it moving fast) to pull a name out and:

Round One – describe them; as soon as it’s guessed pull another and keep going

eg: Wizard with a scar, went to Hogwarts

– usual rules, no sounds like, etc., but OK to do eg: first name same as Secombe, second name a man that makes things out of clay….

Once all the round one names are done, (including the “impossible” ones because it’s only you and your mate that know the name of Luke’s fit mum) all the names go back in for R2. If you’ve been paying attention you now know what’s in there which makes it a bit easier…..

Round 2 – mime them

easy enough to mime a spell being cast, less easy to mime Luke’s fit mum…….in front of your granny.

same again, once all done then back in for R3

Round Three

One word. Would you go with Wizard (maybe Merlin or Gandalf’s also in there….) or Scar (maybe Simba’s in there, or Al Pacino…)

Sounds dull written down but I’ve seen families in tears of laughter playing it..

Cougar

Round Three

One word. Would you go with Wizard (maybe Merlin or Gandalf’s also in there….) or Scar (maybe Simba’s in there, or Al Pacino…)

That’s very similar to the Just One game I linked to earlier. Main difference is, you all write down a clue for the guesser, reveal simultaneously and duplicates are discarded.

schmiken

The After Eight game.

Put an After Eight on your forehead, and then without using hands or feet, move it to your mouth and eat it. Tears of laughter ensues.

Cougar

We used to play that in my student days, only with a different comestible. It was known as “Tunnock Bashing.”

Ambrose

Snapdragon.

Painful but not as bad as one might believe.

Snapdragon

dmck16
    Free Member

I have just packed Cards Against Humanity to take round to the parents house 💩👌🏼

garage-dweller

Board games are a spelling mistake, a jigsaw is for cutting shapes in wood and metal, and cards are to pay for shiny things.

Yes I’m a grumpy sod.

garage-dweller

I have just packed Cards Against Humanity to take round to the parents house

Good luck with that!

RustySpanner

Oh God…..

The Son In Law is insisting on Ticket to Ride.

He is the most competetive man.in the world, has been playing the downloadable version all year, has bought every single expansion and will sulk and ruin the evening when beaten by Mrs S, who always wins, because.

I will find somewhere quiet and get thrashed at Dobble by the grandkids.

One of the dogs will eat half the Azul tiles, which we will get back at New Year.

I will beat everyone at Tortuga, because I make up the rules as I go along.

welshfarmer91

Cribbage, Scrabble and Boggle or it’s not Christmas,

Loughan
    Free Member

Are you there?

Rules: the two masters of the households are blindfolded. Lie on their back, head to head opposite to each other. They are then given a rolled up newspaper each.

When the game starts they have to hit the opposing player with the rolled up paper. The only communication is to ask ‘are you there?’

Winner is the first to hit the opposing player

Do let us know how you get on

Northwind

In memory of my dad, I’m pushing for drunken trivial pursuit with a massive argument in it. It’s tradition.

Got my brother Judge Dredd: Helter Skelter so we might give that a crack, though it’ll be a fight over who gets to be Slaine. Hopefully we can draw my other brother into this, he’s a smart feller but utterly incapable of understanding any game more complex than snap, and also the worst loser in the world. Yes, ChrisL, worse than you.

winston
    Free Member

I have just wrapped up Exploding Kittens and put it under the tree ‘from Father Christmas’

No idea if its any good but I liked the artwork

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Christmas Day games.’ is closed to new replies.