Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)
  • Christmas Chub Club! 2021
  • slugwash
    Free Member

89.4 this morning so the downward trend continues. Almost down to the scale reading at which I though I was overweight at before lockdown 🙂 Next weigh-in for me will (probably) be early October as I’m off on a road trip (avoiding any fast food outlets en-route!)

reluctantjumper

Holding stable on the weekly figures so a a better start than the last few chub clubs! Weight was dropping both times midweek but late finishes at work on the Thursdays have meant fast food has been needed so that’s kept me level. Hardly ridden for the last two months so no exercise to burn calories either, will recify that this weekend and will need to force myself to jump on Zwift a few nights a week too, gentle spins should kick the scales going in the right direction.

reluctantjumper

A solid 1kg dropped this week, down to 84.8! Really happy with that.

p7eaven
    Free Member

@reluctantjumper that’s good news, hold that feeling!

I made a great start last week with 1.5kg loss. Almost too good to be true. So then I immediately ‘celebrated’ with choc bars, and then a big takeout later the week. Broken. Therein lies the problem. Eat when up. Eat when down.

The news just in:

“Today, our soaraway scales reveal that fat man undid good work”
    Chubby Chase, 54 yrs revealed to our source to be (in his own words): ‘Devastated. My life feels like ‘50 First Dates’ or ‘Groundhog Day’, only not with Drew Barrymore and Hope Springs, but with fried potatoes and self-loathing. Ye gods there are no words for this feeling. Go away, vultures’

So. Data in. Way behind target/schedule. Next ‘win’ shall preserve by celebrating only with dust and shavings the feeling/a walk/a ride/some new undercrackers, ie anything other than food.

twonks

Finally some progress for me.

Bit of a long story but might help others struggling.

I got fed up with weight and my atrocious ability to control what I ate, so last weekend I tried to remember what had worked in the past and to try that again.

The most successful approach I had since being 35+ was a 5:2 fast approach, so full of will power I set about it on Monday this week.

Last meal Sunday night at 7PM, next intended meal 7PM Monday. Wasn’t going to bother with the 600 calories during the fast day as that was where I failed before – couldn’t stick to it and eating something made me more hungry.

Soooo, it gets to 1PM Monday and I’m grumpy, have a slight headache and feel generally pants. Now I remembered the main reason the 5:2 was given up last time – it is just too damn uncomfortable – and why I crashed in the end previous.

Stick with it everybody says – it will get better. Well it probably will but doing that twice a week is just not going to happen – it just isn’t.

More research and I have ended up at an 18:6 approach but everyday not just twice a week.
    Nothing to eat until 1PM, then all the calories between 1 and 8 PM, whilst sticking to daily intake and recording in the calorie counter app.

So far this week it is working. I don’t really miss breakfast and drink water throughout the morning.

1.3Kg loss this week as a result. Probably water loss but a loss is a loss and I will keep going.

olddog

Slightly up this week – but a couple of nights away with food and booze so I’m ok with that

Kato

@twonks that’s what’s working for me me too. Although I’m 4:3. So I 600cal on Monday/Wednesday/Friday. Eat “properly” Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday and then have Saturday off

Seems to be 2/3 lb a week mark which is good for me. Have got used to the fast days now as well. Just can’t do any exercise on those days

olddog

Twonks – that’s interesting – daily restriction is more of an option for me than weekly cycle

stripeysocks
    Free Member

0.5kg off (after forcing myself out for the world’s most reluctant run and a second visit to the bog!).
    Need to spend more time active though!

Markie
    Free Member

👍chipping away.

cakeandcheese

I’ve only just updated the sheet. Slightly behind target but heading downwards.

Nights are getting lighter where I am so hopefully can get more active over the coming months

MoreCashThanDash

Belated weigh in this morning, somehow lost 1kg so actually just about on target, despite some dreadful comfort snacking. Celebrating with a beer at the moment

100 days for Xmas might be helping, and a couple of times this week when I’ve been about to give in to temptation I’ve made a conscious effort not to in an effort not to derail myself, which is a bit of a mental switch for me.

Today I did meet a mate for a Big Breakfast, though to be fair, I didn’t have a normal one before setting off, and we did a 4 mile walk afterwards.

muggomagic

A bit late to this, but would be interested in joining if it’s not too late.

I was diagnosed with fatty liver last week, so I’ve been told to not drink booze for at least 2 weeks and lose some weight. I have to admit that it was a bit of a blow at first mainly embarrasment of what I’d done to myself but I’m past that now and trying to be more positive and use it as motivation to get myself in shape.
    If it’s too late to join in then I’ll just keep an eye on what you’re all doing and chip in from time to time. Good luck all.

whatgoesup

@muggomagic – sorry to hear that but it’s great to use it as a motivation to get into shape.

I can’t think of a single reason why you can’t join in now (it’s just a spreadsheet after all) but can think of many reasons why you should, so go for it and welcome aboard !

muggomagic

Thanks. I just clicked on the sheet and my username is in there so must’ve been carried over from another Chub Club.
    I only weighed myself last Wednesday after the diagnosis so I’ve entered that as my start weight and I did weigh myself every couple of days after and I’ve put those in for the weeks I’ve missed. I’ll start weighing myself weekly from Friday.

reluctantjumper

I fear I may have an issue for this week’s weigh-in. The agency have placed me at a job for the week right next to the Gregg’s factory and they have a shop that I have to drive past. When you’ve spent the last 20 mins unloading while smelling freshly cooked sausage rolls it’s very hard to not pop into the shop on the way out!

reluctantjumper

Well despite the above I still registered a loss this week, 0.4kg down to 84.4. Working somewhere else next week so should be able to avoid temptation better, might even be able to commute on the bike for extra calorie burning too.

muggomagic

Lost a couple more kgs since Tuesday when I last weighed myself. Not really managed any exercise yet as I’m not feeling up to it which may or may not be related to the liver. Hoping to get out this weekend for a gentle spin to see how it goes.

whatgoesup

Down from 99.8 to 96.9 so far, and actually started from 103-104 at the start of Aug. The goal is to get to around 80 by early summer next year (6’1” tall).

A combination of stopping all beer apart from the odd social pint, cutting out all junk food – batch cooking mostly veg based curries etc so there’s always something tasty and that’s not junk food to eat, and getting back on it with riding seems to be doing the trick.

whatgoesup

@muggomagic – good job mate!

If you can stick with the no booze that’ll really help. I’ve found my energy levels have gone up significantly, and I’m sleeping better (confirmed by Garmin sleep tracking).

I found what worked for me was to tackle things one thing at a time – makes it sustainable. Booze was first on the list – that make the others things easier to handle.

twonks

Only 0.2Kg for me this week, but a loss is a loss 🙂

Putting it down to increased muscle as I’ve just started using a rowing machine at home this last week, and the tops of my legs are now jelly.

MoreCashThanDash

Crept up to 81 today, so .2kg back on.

Not got out to ride properly this week, couple of bad days foodwise. Unfortunately I’m away this weekend taking son to uni, and next week we are about to lose our kitchen for a month while it’s stripped back to bare brick and rebuilt, so a lot of takeaways and no washing machine so going to be minimising mucky rides 🥺

muggomagic

@markwsf
    Thanks, it was a bit of a vicious circle, as I’d drink a few beers of an evening and then I’d make sure I’d eat a snack like a sandwich or something after so I didn’t feel it in the morning. Cutting out the booze has also cut out those late snacks. Amazing how motivating the potential destruction of a vital organ can be 😀

whatgoesup

For anyone using a single weigh-in once per week, be aware that day to day weight fluctuates quite a bit* and so can give quite misleading results if taken literally if tracking relatively small change so don’t be disheartened by weekly increases or massively over-enthusiastic about drops and either measure daily or just keep an eye on the overall long term trend.

My day-to-day variations from a Garmin Varia scale are often up to a kg and occasionally up to 2KG. I assume hydration levels are the main effect here – the weights are all at the same time every day – just after waking up.

*- well it does for me anyway and I assume I’m not somehow unusual

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mwa8Si]Untitled[/url] by markwsf, on Flickr

dirkpitt74

Yes!!
    Finally off the mark – taken a couple of weeks but finally starting to shed some weight.

gilesmartin81

Joining this a bit late, but I just realised how much I have put on after a good start to the year.

reluctantjumper

For anyone using a single weigh-in once per week, be aware that day to day weight fluctuates quite a bit* and so can give quite misleading results if taken literally if tracking relatively small change so don’t be disheartened by weekly increases or massively over-enthusiastic about drops and either measure daily or just keep an eye on the overall long term trend.

I weigh myself every morning on a smart set of scales with an app on my phone, shows me trends and other stuff. Means I know I put on weight over the weekend then lose it (and hopefully more) through the week. Very helpful for spotting mission creep!

fenlander
    Free Member

After a slow start, lost nearly 1kg last week, and another 0.5kg this week, down to 90.8kg. The 100 days exercise challenge is really helping.

Agreed on the daily fluctuations, can be up to 1.5 kg for me, salty food seems to be the main culprit and it takes more than a couple of days after eating too much salt for it to drop down again.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Managed to knock off another pound by dint of the morning-run-and-call-of-nature technique.
    Have bought some cabbages and beetroot for a shedload of filling soups – there was a recipe with olives and gerkins which I came across last year which is really fun!

cakeandcheese

Ugh! Nearly a kilo up this week, despite doing all the right things.

Hopefully just noise, and a return to normal next week

MoreCashThanDash

Over a kilo up this week, pretty much undone the previous good weeks.

Struggled to fit in any serious aerobic work, diet discipline went out the window, so kind of expected. Never mind, next week….oh, hang on, next week the kitchen gets ripped out, so takeaways for tea and no washing machine for a couple of weeks….

reluctantjumper

Only a drop of 0.2kg to 84.2 this week but it’s still heading in the right direction. I haven’t had the best week food-wise so hopefully I can nip that in the bud and have a decent loss next week.

twonks

119.9KG for me this morning, so 0.7KG loss. 🙂

muggomagic

A 2.5kg drop for me this week and 6kg in the couple of weeks since I was told to sort myself out.
    Been really good in sticking to the diet and over this last week I’ve been feeling well enough to add some riding in too.

coconut
    Free Member

Hello Chub Club members, I have inserted a new formula in column “J”, showing where you should be at the end of week 5. My weight has been slightly fluctuating but generally heading in the right direction, I’m 200gms off of my “week 5 target weight”. Still plenty of time to get back on track, 10 week’s to run. Good luck all.

dannybgoode

OK I am back on this. Start of the year I did really well and got from 115 to 102kg but then Covid struck, my depression was bad and I was generally not really watching my weight. Over the next few months it crept back up but never as high as it was at the start of the year and hovered around the 107-108kg mark so have a solid base to build on.

I’ve ditched the anti-depressants which have helped with the weight loss and I am only 900g off my target weight for being on track which, given I really only started seriously a couplep of weeks ago I am happy with 🙂

Treat night tonight though but hey, you’ve got to have the odd one…

whatgoesup

2kg under target. Really chuffed. Worried maybe it’s a bit too rapid (0.8 kg/wk) but all seems sustainable and am feeng good plus faster on the bike so all good – and I’m in the chippie queuing for steak pie and chips so that’ll help show things down a bit 😉

whatgoesup

@muggomagic – that is fantastic mate !

olddog

Up this week – but away on holiday last week so that’s fine. Get down to some proper chub clubbing from now

uggski

Keep losing weight but it keeps finding me again!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Christmas Chub Club! 2021’ is closed to new replies.