Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Christmas brews
  • Premier Icon mountainman
    Subscriber

So the dilemma is which do i brew first IPA or Dark Ruby stout now both kits have arrived at once and only 1 bucket .??????

benv

Dark Ruby Stout. IPAs are everywhere.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Buy another bucket.

Dark Ruby Stout as it will benefit from a longer conditioning time in the bottles as opposed to the other – IPAs are best drunk as fresh as possible

I’ve just kegged a pilsner, barley wine, saison and IPA ready for my birthday party next week. *hic*

ransos

So the dilemma is which do i brew first IPA or Dark Ruby stout now both kits have arrived at once and only 1 bucket .??????

If you’re brewing consecutively, you could try putting the second batch straight onto the yeast cake from the first. IME doing it this way (or from some yeast recovered and stored in a sanitised jar) gets fermentation going really quickly and reliably.

I’ve just bottled a strong bitter, loosely based on Fuller’s ESB but with an extra charge of late addition hops. I made a starter for the liquid yeast and it went like a rocket. Now I have to show some patience whilst it conditions.

Premier Icon singletrackmind
    Subscriber

Dark ruby stout
    You can let it ferment warmer and get it through quicker as any esters or fusel alcohol will either be masked or compliment the flavour profile. 24,c should be fine, gat it done in 72hrs that way. Then put it outside for 1 day, brutal but efficient cold crash. Then bring it in again and warm it up to a low ambient for a day or two. Then hold around 10c for a week, check pg, bottle

Premier Icon mountainman
    Subscriber

Well started IPA ,but will get another bucket tomorrow n start Ruby Stout .
    IPA will go in keg and Stout in bottles as more transportable that way.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.