Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Christmas bonuses?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Fifty 1st Class stamps I kid you not 🙂

£200 if you work over the Christmas period (last 3 weeks in December)and have no time off. I am on sick leave so will get £100 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

a Poinsettia and a bottle of sherry!

This is Aaamazing! 😀

We get £100 usually, and a partee which I don’t bother to go to, so can’t grumble.

“Proper” bonuses are in the summer. I don’t get one of those because I’m lazy, sloppy and insubordinate. 🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

Yup, dependent on performance – it’s up to 10% of salary I think.

freeagent
    Free Member

11% of my salary this year, as we beat our targets by 174%.

I was bit horrified at how much the student loan company are going to get out of it, but at least it gets it paid off quicker…

mrmo
    Free Member

company newsletters have been full of how well the company has been doing all year, except the last one, missing targets, behind on budgets….

Pay rises(ha ha ha) are announced in January….

Bazz

A pay freeze, a hike in pension contributions, and the terms and conditions of said pension torn up. In all my adult working life i’ve never had a christmas bonus. 🙄

tang
    Free Member

One of my main clients gave me a brown envelope one year, with £1k in! Getting an extra 2 weeks off in Jan, paid which will do.

noteeth
    Free Member

Christmas dinner if you’re working the Christmas Day shift.. 😐

Pembo
    Free Member

The staff xmas party got cancelled a couple of weeks ago. Fair enough, we only have around 900 million dollars in cash on the balance sheet. 😈

julianwilson
    Free Member

Meh. I got piddly pay “rise” similar to Miketually’s, which means that I am now only about 6% a year poorer in real terms than I was 4 years ago. Oh and I will get time plus 0.6 (not even the two thirds any more!) for the pleasure of working on christmas and new year’s days this year. Ho ho ho!

miketually
    Free Member

I got piddly pay “rise” similar to Miketually’s

Two years ago we got a 4% increase in contact hours with no increase in salary, plus out classes are all bigger so we get to do more marking per class too. That accompanied our 0% pay rise.

Quite thankful for a 1%, compared to that 🙂

ekul
    Free Member

All this talk of people not having pay rises for years really boils my p*** when i think that the union at our place are arguing that a 3% payrise is too small! And we get a bonus each year dependent on performance as a company. Don’t think the union guys quite realise how lucky we are…

EDIT – I should add that this isn’t a one-off yesrs in the making payrise. We get one every year. My Dad hasn’t had one for 4 years!

neilco
    Free Member

Feeling well done by here. Christmas dinner or two in a nice restaurant, massive booze up and a gift of wine, chocolates and such like. All in all, probably a few hundred quids worth.

Also get an annual bonus in April. To the person who asked why you feel entitled to it… It’s part of my package, not an extra. It’s based on a calculation of individual and company performance. It could be anything from 0 to 16% salary and in recent years has been around 12%. That possibility plus my base salary is what I agreed the job on. That is why I feel entitled to it. For what it’s worth, my performance this year had been good but company performance is poor, so bonus probably more like 4%. You won’t hear me complain then as againm that’s what I agreed the job on.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I’m due a paycheck and some expenses. Should come to about £12k. Not been paid yet on this job so should be a nice bonus!

prawny

My company pay a tenner towards a Christmas party that they organise and costs 35 quid. I’m going to a brokers Christmas do instead, I don’t even work there and they’re willing to pay 60 odd quid to feed me. Good bunch them.

No chance of a Christmas bonus

Woody
    Free Member

For the last few years the management have very kindly given us a tin of Cadburys Roses. Last year we also received a tin of Quality Street to share amongst staff on station. I’m not exactly shaking with anticipation of this years generous offering…………..

……………… there are 32 staff 😐

julianwilson
    Free Member

All this talk of people not having pay rises for years really boils my p*** when i think that the union at our place are arguing that a 3% payrise is too small!… Don’t think the union guys quite realise how lucky we are…

All the trade unions which represent my colleagues have argued the same, however nurses going on strike doesn’t seem to be to popular! I would imagine that the pay deals unions argue for is at least partly based on what they think an employer can actually afford to pay its staff.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Never had a bonus in my life. And this year I will have the best part of around 6 weeks off – unpaid. The joys of casual work.

_tom_
    Free Member

A £50 voucher which I shall be putting towards a PS4 if/when theyre in any new years sales 🙂

gears_suck
    Free Member

A company I worked for years back called us all in for a bollocking meeting where we were told if we’d get the job done quicker we’d get a bonus. My buddy turned to me and said. “Did he just tell us he’d give us a bonus, or that he was going to bone us?”
    Turned out to be the latter.

MSP

All this talk of people not having pay rises for years really boils my p*** when i think that the union at our place are arguing that a 3% payrise is too small!… Don’t think the union guys quite realise how lucky we are…

I don’t think you realise if you didn’t have a union you would get **** all, just like all the other mugs who gave away representation.

molgrips
    Free Member

I get a bonus, but in about February. It’s based on our team’s profitability and shared out according to how good we’ve been. It’s generally enough to buy a pair of forks, the quality of which depends on how much bullshit I get to put on my yearly achievement report thingy.

Oh and we got a free Christmas dinner too!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I achieved my turnover target by over £100k and profitability target by almost that too.

There was a £6k carrot for achieving my targets so I went knocking on the appropriate door only to be told that the target set wasn’t meant to be achieved and they had no money to pay me!

I quickly found another job and handed in my notice. They said they’d pay up if I stayed so I said I’d stay then asked for a letter clearly explaining they would pay the bonus.

Luckily they omitted the bit saying I had to stay to get my bonus and the next day I handed my notice in again. (I went to the dizzy accountant when he was busiest looking to get the letter)

The MD wasn’t at all happy but congratulated me on having him over as nobody ever pulled the wool over his eyes like that before and congratulated me again on engineering and executing such a well devised plan

I replied that I didn’t know what he was talking about in the most insincere way possible so he bloomin well knew I’d just shafted him good style with a perfectly executed plan but without saying those words.

I got paid a few months later, a few months before they went pop.

I’ve not bothered with jobs that offer bonuses because I’ve never got one without taking steps.

molgrips
    Free Member

Putting the ‘cool’ into coolhandluke.

crikey
    Free Member

I get moaned at for daring to have a pension after working 18 out of the last 25 Christmases and working 3 out of every 4 weekends and doing 5 weeks out of every 14 on nights.

Love it.

andyrm
    Free Member

Not sure about a “Christmas bonus” (didn’t know people still got them), but commission and bonuses for the quarter will be very good as we’ve had a great half year and big growth in not just topline figures but profitability (the important bit). Big paid for Christmas dinner and pissup too so not all bad!

🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m not sure how well I’ve done this year as I’ve been almost constantly utilised (which is way more than my target) but I’ve not done much quality stuff so it depends on how much they’ll weight utilisation when they assess me.

Of course my constant util should boost the year’s figures so I might get a smaller piece of a bigger pie.

toemul
    Free Member

ekul = moron. 🙂

bedmaker

I’ve awarded myself a custom frame, several bottles of malt when they’re on sale around crimbo time and a couple of weeks off as a bonus for hitting performance indicators I didn’t even know I’d set for myself 🙂

Drac

Christmas Bonus, Pay Rise. What the hell are they?

dandax1990
    Free Member

£40 Morrison’s vouchers every year, Comes in handy to buy the Stellas.

Work party paid for and a few drinks paid for, depending on how many drinks my girlfriend can get out of our works manager (last year she managed to get us 7 drinks each and a fair few jagerbombs)

Good girl.

Been taken over by a large American company and it’s all expected to change…

notlocal
    Free Member

+1 Drac
    My bonus will be not getting assaulted, spat at or verbally abused by the revellers drunks enjoying more than their fair share of Christmas spirit for the next 4weeks.

MSP

I have always liked the idea of getting pay split into 14 segments rather than 12, and getting a double month every June and December.

Drac

My bonus will be not getting assaulted, spat at or verbally abused by the revellers drunks enjoying more than their fair share of Christmas spirit for the next 4weeks.

Good luck with that.

marcus7
    Free Member

was sorting this today, staff will get a couple of grand as it’s been a good year and tbh they deserve it, I used to work for a bunch of right mean spirited nuggets an swore I’d never treat an employee the same. oh and I like Christmas….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In one of my earliest jobs we had a bonus one year that was fairly low as I had only been there part of the year. The following year our group out performed the rest of the company so they decided they couldn’t pay a cash bonus to just us so they split it through our salary for the following year – I left getting 1/4 of it while the new starters got out bonus…

When in a pseudo government organisation the unions were pushing for 7% pay rises and about the same in bonus based on zero productivity, call me mean spirited but I don’t think that is sustainable.

alpin
    Free Member

never had a christmas bonus, but being self-employed it’s not surprising. i am, however taking off the whole of December and half of Jan. worked it out and any money i earn now on top of this years is going to the taxman, so sod it.

unfortunately the GF doesn’t get one either despite working for a small, successful distribution co.

remember my old man (ex-city broker) getting stupid bonuses equivalent to half his yearly salary. crazy.

Northwind

Used to get one in the bank, though being realistic it only brought the basic salary up to a competitive level. None from the uni, they go for peace on earth and goodwill to all men all year round, but I do get extra free days holiday so that’s nice!

nedrapier

nothing at christmas. Won’t find out till March. Performance related share of a pot. We’re on course for making a decent slice this year, but it can all change very quickly. Fingers crossed.

yunki
    Free Member

£200 heating allowance!! back of the net 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Christmas bonuses?’ is closed to new replies.