Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • Chris Moyles.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Last one today, for many folks that will be a blessing but for me I am slightly saddened. Don’t really listen any more but none the less the end of era. I am now a full time radio 2 listener. Quite liked him due to the lack of music, I was a trucker and the endless barrage of music of any genre was too much. The only other chit chat on the radio was talk sport which was not really an option.

jam-bo

Just got dab in the car so radio 6 all the way.

binners

I’d rather listen to my parents having sex than that fat, talentless waste of oxygen. Luckily I know he’s been safely caged on Radio 1 until now. So I’ve been mercifully unlikely to ever encounter his obnoxious, self-absorbed, celebration of mindless stupidity.

What worries me is where he’ll pop up next. Given the BBC’s track record of once giving George Lamb his own show on 6 music, and employing Patrick Kielty

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’d rather listen to my parents having sex than that fat, talentless waste of oxygen.

Not a lover then.!

tiggs121
    Free Member

binners +100

binners

You could say that. I just tend to have a natural aversion to thick, obnoxious people with ego’s the size of planets

CaptJon
    Free Member

It’s getting emotional. I’ve enjoyed listening in the morning. Some of the stuff they’ve done has been amazing. They raised over £10m for comic relief over the years.

DezB
    Free Member

+1 binners!
    One of the reasons I was happy to get rid of my last car was, if I forgot to turn the stereo off, when I started it up in the morning, it would automatically go to radio. As soon as I heard that tosser’s voice it would ruin my whole bloody day.

wrecker
    Free Member

£10.4 million raised for charity over the period. Obnoxious or not, I reckon he’s in karma credit.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d also like to listen to Binner’s parents having sex.

Sorry…what we talking about?

emsz
    Free Member

Quite sad here, he’s been in my mornings on and off for most of my life, which is pretty weird really!!

Not gonna be the same without him

brakes
    Free Member

I’d rather listen to my parents having sex than that fat, talentless waste of oxygen.

I’d rather join in.

therag
    Free Member

Listened to his show almost every day of my working life. Need a new station now 🙁

Houns

Not listened to the show in about 3 years (too much football/celeb talk), but watching the prog this morning and welling up a little

lunge

Sad day. He split opinion which is no bad thing. In my eyes though he was a truly brilliant broadcaster, a proper radio geek and a genuinely nice guy away from the radio. Longest ever radio 1 breakfast show and over £10 million raised for charity? I’d say he must have been doing something right.

hopster
    Free Member

+1 numbers. Annoying to say the least and very unfunny.

alex222
    Free Member

All radio DJ’s are by virtue incredibly annoying. Chris Moylse less so than others; also more so than some others.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

+1 Lunge

I love how those that “don’t listen” know all about him and the show, enough to force their opinion as fact….

davidjones15
    Free Member

Like him or not, he’s obviously good at what he does.

brakes
    Free Member

I love how those that “don’t listen” know all about him and the show, enough to force their opinion as fact….

you’ll love this then. I know that he is crap but I don’t listen to him, and I know that I’m right because he is an utterly contemptible ****.

fasthaggis

Binners + 1000

Some say he had a talent,but all I ever heard was dumb lad and ladett radio. Maybe that’s what the listening masses want,I hope not.

speed12
    Free Member

He split opinion which is no bad thing

Completley right – nothing worse than the mediocre, pandering to everyone, dull drivel you get on 90% of radio stations. Local stations are just awful, most sounding like they are stuck in the 70s with a “good morning pop-pickers, its a quarter to eight and here’s some music from the hit parade” type smarmy crap DJ. Moyles might not be your cup of tea, but he was certainly something different.

you’ll love this then. I know that he is crap but I don’t listen to him, and I know that I’m right because he is an utterly contemptible ****

Brilliant….

unklehomered
    Free Member

I used to be forced to listen to him in an office.

So I can say with authority thank god that can never happen to anyone ever again. That was no way to live, there was no dignity in it. There was no joy. The sun did not shine. Pastries and coffee tasted like dust and washing up water.

I’m with binners on this.

Seeya you worthless humourless self important lump of waste.

molgrips
    Free Member

I find most breakfast shows to be like listening to people who are still drinking from the previous night. Why don’t you shut the f up and put some bloody music on? And why does every radio station think we want to listen to crap comedians as we wake up? Wtf?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Gonna miss him in the morning – made me laugh. I’m waaaaay outside R1 target audience (which is why he went I believe) but frankly R2 (other than Chris Evans I’m told) is utter crap right now and I can’t listen to it for more than 30 seconds.
    I suspect that he’ll be back on R2 in a couple of years. i still think there should be a Radio 1.5.
    Luckily I got a new car yesterday with a DAB radio and listening Mark R was very pleasant.

wrecker
    Free Member

Completley right – nothing worse than the mediocre, pandering to everyone, dull drivel

Yep. Huw Stephens and Vernon Kay make me very angry indeed. I hate them.

DezB
    Free Member

Why don’t you shut the f up and put some bloody music on? And why does every radio station think we want to listen to crap comedians as we wake up? Wtf?

Perfectly and delicately put. It’s all Steve Wright’s fault you know.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He split opinion which is no bad thing

Its not necessarily a good thing as it means you have someone provocative or trying to get a reaction on the airwaves.
    I am glad the BBC can cater for the likes of those who would listen to Moyles and also cater for me who I would rather be water boarded than endure him but as he is unlikely to start hosting the Today programme i am largely unmoved by this.

nbt

]
    GGGNNNNNN>>>>

*MUST* *RESIST* *OBVIOUS* COMMENTS***

GNNNGGHGHHGGGG

*Bites lips*

alex222
    Free Member

Zane Lowe is the most sycophantic and subsequently obnoxious DJ out there. Way more annoying than Chris Moyles.

CountZero

Anyone for tickets to his farewell tour of the UK? 😆

smell_it
    Free Member

I haven’t listened to him in years; but being a true STW’er i’ll not let that stop me voicing a completely ill informed bloated opinion. Be gone Satan!

nealglover
    Free Member

Zane Lowe is the most sycophantic and subsequently obnoxious DJ out there. Way more annoying than Chris Moyles.

I don’t like Moyles at all.

But I can’t disagree with that.

Zane Lowe is incredibly annoying.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Anyone for tickets to his farewell tour of the UK?

No point, they’ll have metal detectors… 😕

binners

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

flange
    Free Member

I’ve never liked him and could never understand why they kept him for so long. The final straw was when they announced Grimshaw getting the show – it should have been Mills all day long.

Bring back Mark and Lard….STOP…..Carry on……

nealglover
    Free Member

I agree, they should have given the Breakfast show to Scott Mills.

I have learned to avoid Radio 1 in the mornings because of Moyles, and haven’t heard him for years.

I still occasionally have the misfortune of hearing Scott Mills though, if they moved him into the Breakfast slot that would help me greatly.

MrsToast
    Free Member

binnerstshirts.com?

I too hate Chris Moyles. The best way of getting me out of bed in the morning is to have the radio alarm clock on the other side of the room, and have it set to radio 1. I end up fully launching myself to make it stop.

Got it set to Kerrang now though.

wisepranker
    Free Member

Bring back Mark and Lard….STOP…..Carry on……

The last time I listened to the breakfast show on Radio 1 was when they finished. From the bits I’ve heard, it’s all been pretty poor since then!

I just Googled it to find out when they left an can’t believe it was 15 years ago 😯
    Makes me feel very old!

FuzzyWuzzy

I think anyone paid to talk for a couple of hours 5 times a week for several years on a live show is going to come out with a lot of shite. I reckon he did a decent job overall although not listened for a few months. He’s certainly better than the muppet replacing him and some of the other ‘talent’ at R1

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Chris Moyles.’ is closed to new replies.