• This topic has 39 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Chris Moyles and his one million tax avoidance!
  • postierich
    Free Member

I know he has plenty of fans on here so nice to know he got caught!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/26297943

aracer
    Free Member

Well you know what they say about never trusting a radio 1 DJ.

wiggles
    Free Member

Yep they’re always fiddling something…

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Never heard of him, but he has got a punchable face.

Jamie
    Free Member

Former Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles says he’s learnt a “valuable lesson” after a court found that he’d tried to avoid paying up to £1 million tax.

…and that lesson is hire a better accountant.

Junkyard
    Free Member

No Jamie it is a genuine and heartfelt contrition about trying to avoid tax OBVIOUSLY

Perhaps he will hire me for PR

cheekyboy
    Free Member

My heart pumps purple pxss !

MSP

Shouldn’t he be getting done for fraud? Lying about his employment on his tax return seems pretty clear cut, it isn’t tax avoidance it is tax fraud.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Not the sharpest stick is he the “scheme” he was in sounds about as kosher as a porkpie 😀

zbonty

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaah knobhahahahahahha.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I cant see how its tax avoidance, he submitted false expenditure in a tax return to reduce his tax liability… Unless we don’t know the full story

ross980
    Free Member

What I find most surprising about this story is that someone decided Chris Moyles was somehow worth paying that much that he was even in a position to owe £1m in tax, let alone avoid paying it.

bearnecessities

Against the grain, but after spending many years listening to him hosting the R1 breakfast show, I ended up thinking he’s probably a nice fella. Yes, a bit of a loud mouth/Diva/nob in early days, but who hasn’t been one of them at some point? Just something about him made me think he was a kind chap.

khani
    Free Member

I wonder how many used car salesman jokes he gets until he blows a gasket..

monkeychild
    Free Member

Kimbers that shows how messed up the world is! I get hacked off with hearing about benefits this, that and the other! The scumbags are those folk like Mr Moyles who are clearly trying to screw the system.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Against the grain, but after spending many years listening to him hosting the R1 breakfast show, I ended up thinking he’s probably a nice fella. Yes, a bit of a loud mouth/Diva/nob in early days, but who hasn’t been one of them at some point? Just something about him made me think he was a kind chap.

I listened to a lot of radio 1 and he just seemed like a fat ugly moron, who liked to point out how ugly other people were. I hate that useless moron. I hope they string him up.

bearnecessities

I listened to a lot of radio 1 and he just seemed like a fat ugly moron

Meh, maybe I just want to see the best in people! Not sure “fat and ugly” has any relevance though.

wiggles
    Free Member

or how that is determined listening to him on a radio

DezB
    Free Member

Depressing that such a talentless twonk can earn that much money.

bails

[he] liked to point out how ugly other people were.

Sounds awful.

he just seemed like a fat ugly moron

Oh.

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

I like him and miss the whole team behind the breakfast show. They were good days and made me laugh many a morning on the way to work. I never could see why he winds people up so much. I mean if you don’t like something then don’t listen to it. Why get so angry about him which many people do/did….I guess some people are just angry about life.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

bails – Member

I’m beautiful so it’s fine. 😀

grum
    Free Member

Really struggling to see how this isn’t a crime. Unbelievable how differently the rich and poor get treated.

DezB
    Free Member

. Why get so angry about him which many people do/did….

Cos he was a tax avoiding talentless celebrity scumbag. If it wasn’t so late I could probably express that better.

athgray
    Free Member

The wife used to work as a nurse in the Royal Free in London. Moyles used to drink in a pub near by. She saw him there a few times. He was an obnoxious p***k apparently. Chris Evans drank in the same bar and apparently left money behind the bar for hospital staff at new year.

allthepies
    Free Member

The question is, what knobber was paying him so much that he had a £1M tax liability!

aracer
    Free Member

Actually, shouldn’t used car salesmen be suing him for giving them a bad name?

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

Chris Moyles has been avoiding exercise for a lot longer.

Junkyard
    Free Member

sadly that does not include his mouth

konabunny
    Free Member

Shouldn’t he be getting done for fraud? Lying about his employment on his tax return seems pretty clear cut, it isn’t tax avoidance it is tax fraud.

You might have to read beyond the headline.

MSP

I have read the whole thing, he lied on his self assessment tax return, came up with some cock and bull story about seeking assurances about the schemes legality ( does anyone think it is credible to lie on a tax return and believe it is lawful). And all he has faced is a tax tribunal which he didn’t attend.

Maybe you can point out what I have missed?

avdave2

Just worrying how many on here have used the cycle to work scheme for bikes whose primary purpose is not to get to work? I’m sure with a bit of work we could expose a few more tax evaders. 🙂

MSP

More worrying how many imbeciles role out that completely irrelevant straw man 🙄

It is like comparing a drive by shooting with children playing with peashooters.

ninfan
    Free Member

The question is, what knobber was paying him so much that he had a £1M tax liability!

Erm, us lot 👿

Woody
    Free Member

it isn’t tax avoidance it is tax fraud.

That largely depends on how good your accountant and lawyer is and I would imagine the former has now lost several clients!

sparksmcguff

A page on and i’m still laughing at wiggles.

never trust a radio 1 dj they’re always fiddling something

Am easily amused.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 for cycle to work.

How many people on the scheme actualy:
    a) use ANY bike to ride to work every day
    b) use THAT brand new FS they said they were going to use rather than some old beater?
    c) paid the full market value at the end of the year, rather than a nominal ammount avoilding the VAT they owed, or paying a nominal ammout for the ‘loan’ of the bike for a few more years?

Drac

Chris Moyles has been avoiding exercise for a lot longer.

Nope he really hasn’t by a very long way.

grum
    Free Member

Some people definitely abused the cycle to work scheme but it’s It’s just irrelevant ‘whataboutery’ to bring it up here.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Chris Moyles and his one million tax avoidance!’ is closed to new replies.